IGN Gives Uncharted 3 a 10/10

Has anyone played this series?

If you haven’t, I highly recommend the 2nd installment.

In my opinion IGN tends to overscore most anticipated games, but this is one I will definitely be purchasing.

[quote]Anonymity wrote:
In my opinion IGN tends to overscore most anticipated games, but this is one I will definitely be purchasing.[/quote]

So they can play free games and get paid by the developer…

Probably not the case but that’s what I’ve heard review companies have done. I often see myself watching gameplay before I buy the game on release date. Even then if I don’t see any replay value I will only rent it.

edit: But I agree that the series is a must play for any PS3 owners.

Awesome series. Looking forward to this and Batman: AC. PS3 ftw!!

I’ll definitely want to play this. I enjoyed the other 2. Though, If you can (given my opinions on the first 2 games) rent it, beat it, return it. Unless you’re obsessive about finding all of the hidden treasures in the game, one play through is enough (for me).

IT’S A MUST BUY FOR EVERY PS3 OWNER OUT THERE.

Seriously one of the best games i’ve played on this console generation.

Man I’m thinking about buying a ps3 just for this series. Do you think it’s worth it considering all I hear about the ps3 is how it sucks and Sony doesn’t really ‘support’ it like Microsoft supports its own console - what ever the fuck that mean.

I’ve played the first two. Considering getting the 3rd. It will be a real shame if it doesn’t match its predecessors’ level…

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Man I’m thinking about buying a ps3 just for this series. Do you think it’s worth it considering all I hear about the ps3 is how it sucks and Sony doesn’t really ‘support’ it like Microsoft supports its own console - what ever the fuck that mean.[/quote]

I don’t really keep up with the console wars, but I’ll say I’m happy with my PS3. If there is lack of “support” from Sony, I never noticed.

Only reason I can think of that I want an Xbox is Gears of War.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Man I’m thinking about buying a ps3 just for this series. Do you think it’s worth it considering all I hear about the ps3 is how it sucks and Sony doesn’t really ‘support’ it like Microsoft supports its own console - what ever the fuck that mean.[/quote]

It’s worth it, especially if you don’t have a Blu-Ray player. They’re very solid games.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
I’ve played the first two. Considering getting the 3rd. It will be a real shame if it doesn’t match its predecessors’ level…[/quote]

I’ve heard it’s just as good as the others, and to expect nothing less. So pumped!

Oh yeah, Uncharted. That’s one of the reasons I bought my PS3 in the first place. I still need to buy and play those games.

[quote]Bujo wrote:
Oh yeah, Uncharted. That’s one of the reasons I bought my PS3 in the first place. I still need to buy and play those games.[/quote]

One is okay Bujo, but honestly man you dont need to play it. 2 was awesome and I should have kept it instead of trading it in. The 3rd one I am going to keep for sure.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:
Oh yeah, Uncharted. That’s one of the reasons I bought my PS3 in the first place. I still need to buy and play those games.[/quote]

One is okay Bujo, but honestly man you dont need to play it.[/quote]

:frowning:

Anyone who fancies themselves a gamer should play them…

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

Anyone who fancies themselves a gamer should play them… [/quote]
Dude some of us don’t have time.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

Dude some of us don’t have time. [/quote]

Uncharted 2 and 3 it is. Thanks for the tip.

I play when I can. I’ve got a 360 and PS3, so what play time I have is often divided. When I was last home I was playing Rage, Arkham City, and the first God Of War.

[quote]Bujo wrote:

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]Bujo wrote:

Dude some of us don’t have time. [/quote]

Uncharted 2 and 3 it is. Thanks for the tip.

I play when I can. I’ve got a 360 and PS3, so what play time I have is often divided. When I was last home I was playing Rage, Arkham City, and the first God Of War.
[/quote]

Yea right now I am playing, Rage, Arkham and Battlefield. Plus been reading the last couple of Reacher series and that damn website linked in the Walking dead thread.

ive been playing uncharted for 3 hours and its a good game but i think batman has me spoiled. i just spent 10 mins looking for some door that i didnt notice because it blended in with the enviorment and i was pissed because i couldnt press the detective mode button for a clue on where to go and the game dosent give you a hint till youve wasted at least 15mins doing nothing

Getting my copy of Uncharted 3 on PS3 today and I just can’t wait to play… well schedule allowing. Lot of friends are raving how good the game is. About time I check it for myself.

I’m tempted to get Rage too since it reminds me a bit of Quake and Doom. Next on the list COD MW3.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
Getting my copy of Uncharted 3 on PS3 today and I just can’t wait to play… well schedule allowing. Lot of friends are raving how good the game is. About time I check it for myself.

I’m tempted to get Rage too since it reminds me a bit of Quake and Doom. Next on the list COD MW3.

[/quote]

Rage is not like Quake or Doom at all.

It is fallout and Borderlands combo.

FUCK

I forgot Uncharted came out today.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[/quote]

Rage is not like Quake or Doom at all.

It is fallout and Borderlands combo. [/quote]

No?

Based on some gameplay I’d seen, some indoors elements definitely reminded me of the Quake and early Doom games. There’s a bit of Wolfenstein and Bioshock combo in there too… meh, maybe I’m stipulating too much :slight_smile: I shall have a better idea once I get playing.

And I agree that the outdoor landscape, the npcs etc… have got that Fallout feel.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
FUCK

I forgot Uncharted came out today.[/quote]

Lol