IGF-1 For Injuries

FYI: I’m no first time poster, but I am using a different screenname because there are people I know who frequent these forums that I would rather not know I asked this question.

I have an injury that has been nagging at me for some time now. I’d like to get it healed up ASAP, but I’d like to minimize the time off/healing time. I’ve been doing some research on IGF-1, and most of the info I’ve come across has been regarding it’s ergogenic effects.

However, I’ve read in a couple of different articles that it has potential for speeding the process of healing joint injuries due to its growth effect on cartilaginous tissue. If anybody can help me out with info/experience/advice with IGF-1 use for an injury, I’d be much obliged.

[quote]dudewtf wrote:
FYI: I’m no first time poster, but I am using a different screenname because there are people I know who frequent these forums that I would rather not know I asked this question.

I have an injury that has been nagging at me for some time now. I’d like to get it healed up ASAP, but I’d like to minimize the time off/healing time. I’ve been doing some research on IGF-1, and most of the info I’ve come across has been regarding it’s ergogenic effects.

However, I’ve read in a couple of different articles that it has potential for speeding the process of healing joint injuries due to its growth effect on cartilaginous tissue. If anybody can help me out with info/experience/advice with IGF-1 use for an injury, I’d be much obliged.[/quote]

I’ve been wondering about the overall benefits for using IGF-1 and that type of product found on various R-C sites. If there are postive reports on this product with joint repair, I’d be very interested in hearing more about it.

I used it to completely heal a shoulder that was scheduled for surgery. It took about 3 months of correct training and sub Q shots after training everyother day at a fairly moderate dose.

My shoulder was so fucked, I also had a somewhat bad knee that got better too. I’m a big believer, it doesn’t work over night but give it a month to three months and it is great!

what was your dosing protocol?

[quote]FuriousGeorge wrote:
what was your dosing protocol?[/quote]

5 to 10 mcg after training. I started off with 5 before and after training. I then just did 5 after training but if it was particularly hard training I’d do 10mcg.

that seems like a fairly low dose compared to the standard protocol that is out there now (~40mcg pwo)

did you notice any muscle hypertrophy from it at that low a dose or just improvement in the joints?