IFBB Nationals Prep - Jordan Metcalfe

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
If you haven’t been using creatine throughout your prep, I wouldn’t add it in during the last week. There’s a good chance you’d experience some initial water retention. Same for if you’ve been using it; don’t take it out the last week. And what do they mean by “keep fullness”? That seems to imply that you would otherwise lose fullness during peak week, when you should actually fill out[/quote]

Cool bro,

Im not on creatine at the moment, was going to go on it in that last week,

I find it hard to stay nice and full when I get really lean… even with quite a bit of carbs… just something I have experienced in the passed that lets my physique down, the theory is to jump on creatine and that will pull water into the muscle giving it more fullness, I have seen a lot of research that shows creatine doesn’t hold water outside the muscle and can be quite effective pre contest if used correctly (that’s using HCL not Mono)

It’s not that normally I’d be concerned with creatine holding water outside of the muscle cell, just that I wouldn’t make any changes that last week to any variable that has any effect on water volume, as it can take a few days for the body to auto regulate. Same for sodium and water intake…just keep them consistent during peak week unless you have a very experienced prep coach!

[quote]pwolves17 wrote:
It’s not that normally I’d be concerned with creatine holding water outside of the muscle cell, just that I wouldn’t make any changes that last week to any variable that has any effect on water volume, as it can take a few days for the body to auto regulate. Same for sodium and water intake…just keep them consistent during peak week unless you have a very experienced prep coach![/quote]

That’s so ture, thanks for the advice mate!

4 weeks out :slight_smile: will be doing a progress video and uploading it to my youtube over the next few days

Checking in with nutritionist on Tuesday to see were im at and what I need to change :slight_smile:

Currently 1 week out!

Started on the DH2o to drop sodium and I start a carb load on Wednesday! Feeling pretty flat at the moment so cant wait to get them carbs in me! :slight_smile:

Another 1 Week out pic,

Started dehydrating yesterday (3 days out)
Was on 2.5l yday, 1.5L today and depending on how im feeling around 1L tomorrow.

Trying to dry myself out a little and get that core popping.

I have also started my carb load as of today (2 days out) which is taking in 40g Protein and 20g Carb every 2.5hrs

Hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but you don’t dry out by slowly tapering your water intake.

S

My brother used this in his prep, my 2cents, but good luck, I hope you win.

have you had any run-ins with rambro?

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but you don’t dry out by slowly tapering your water intake.

S[/quote]

This.
Decreasing water while increasing carbs=bad news. “Holding water” or needing to “dry out” is the nice way of say you’re not lean enough

Let us know how it goes.

Stu has nailed much of this down already.

Men’s physique correct, not BB…you aren’t lean enough to be competitive at BB, not a nice or fair comment i suppose but you are better suited to start w/ physique.

tapering water like that is not right, restricting sodium as far out as you did - not right. adding creatine or as you mentioned “not being on” creatine. we’ll don’t add variables as you finish your prep.

fyi i’ve been “on” da creatinezzz for years, i don’t even cycle off of it…ever!!! i just put a bit of hemorrhoid creme on the gyno nipples when they flare up from the monoH blasts. (disregard this last paragraph - it’s not constructive)

water and sodium myths fuck many people up, as do the false idols - fat burners and diuretics.

Here are a few pics to give you and idea of what I ended up looking like on stage at the NZIFBB Nationals.

Unfortunately I didn’t place but I came in 100% better than I did last year so happy with the improvements!

I didn’t end up doing anything with creatine so just did the whole water depletion thing.

Front

Comparison

Back Comparison

Congrats, Jordan.
I hope I could even look like that one day.

Mat’

Congratulations man! How did the water depletion work out? Did you feel or see a difference, better or worse?

ok…nice. i must not have read correctly - reading comprehension is a short coming of mine. good aesthetics for physique, glad you were happy w/ the package you brought!

water manipulation, sodium stuff, it can really mess w/ folks - if you’ve done the work and are lean enough, it’s a matter of carbing up w/ whatever is in gastric accord w/ your GI. E.g. - don’t get crazy, stick w/ what works, and don’t cut water too soon, personally to me–cutting sodium is pretty silly, i think a better ideology is figuring out the correct balance of water to salt to get you looking as you desire.

glad you did well…i rarely post on here but enjoy reading and seeing everyone’s prep work.

[quote]yodaddy wrote:
Congratulations man! How did the water depletion work out? Did you feel or see a difference, better or worse?[/quote]

Hey man, im not to sure if its because im natural or it just doesn’t work for me but when I depleted water I just felt flat (Or just smaller)… I had comments from a lot of people at the comp saying that I looked way better than last year and also came in a lot fuller but I guess we are our own worst critic…

I do believe that I looked a lot better than last year but still many things to refine in the prep stages