IFBB Nationals Prep - Jordan Metcalfe

Hey Everyone!

Its that time again, Prep has started (7 weeks out) and this time its for the IFBB Nationals! Pro card is up for grabs and I cant wait to get on that stage :slight_smile:

Like normal im going to be taking you through my prep and post updates of how im going :slight_smile:

I will be competing in the Men’s Physique 170-180cm (B) open category :slight_smile:

This is a pic of my current condition, the focus over this off-season has been shoulders, arms, upper chest and calfs (As well as bringing everything else up evenly)

Hey guys this is my condition 7 weeks out!

[quote]Jordz wrote:

[/quote]

I feel gay after having watched that

LOL! Same here.

Back shot 6 weeks out

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

[quote]Jordz wrote:

[/quote]

I feel gay after having watched that[/quote]

Not good? lol

did you guys get boners or something?

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
did you guys get boners or something?[/quote]

it was the whole watching a half-naked boy posing to techno pop music that made me feel gay lol

and yes, I got a boner

it was the whole watching a half-naked boy posing to techno pop music that made me feel gay lol

and yes, I got a boner[/quote]

hahah

and yes, I got a boner[/quote]

haha

Drying out a little bit after reducing my sodium, Trying to control it around this 4week out mark because it seems to impact my body quite a bit

Jorz- I see you’re in New Zealand. Do you have the NPC or similar amateur federation there? I ask because in the US and I believe Europe as well, when you tell people that you’re training for an “IFBB” show, it conveys that you have already turned Pro and are competing with the best of the best.

S

Delts showing some nice striations!

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Jorz- I see you’re in New Zealand. Do you have the NPC or similar amateur federation there? I ask because in the US and I believe Europe as well, when you tell people that you’re training for an “IFBB” show, it conveys that you have already turned Pro and are competing with the best of the best.

S[/quote]

Hey mate, Yes my bad its called the NZ IFBB (NZ for New Zealand)
Sorry for that

My nutritionist mentioned a creatine and distilled water mix in that final week to try keep fullness, anyone heard of or tried this themselves?

I have seen some pictures of guys that have tried it and they look epic but just wondering every1’s thoughts?

just out of interest, why do you compete in IFBB ?

maybe its different ‘across the ditch’ in NZ but like Stu mentioned for the US, here in Australia IFBB is the domain of the biggest most ‘enhanced’ beasts

Do you not have natural federations over there 
?

or are you ‘enhanced’ ?

Hello !

what changes did you make for your delts ? What is your shoulder routine, if you don’t mind.
Nice improvement !

Mat’

If you haven’t been using creatine throughout your prep, I wouldn’t add it in during the last week. There’s a good chance you’d experience some initial water retention. Same for if you’ve been using it; don’t take it out the last week. And what do they mean by “keep fullness”? That seems to imply that you would otherwise lose fullness during peak week, when you should actually fill out

[quote]Ghost_Panther wrote:
just out of interest, why do you compete in IFBB ?

maybe its different ‘across the ditch’ in NZ but like Stu mentioned for the US, here in Australia IFBB is the domain of the biggest most ‘enhanced’ beasts

Do you not have natural federations over there 
?

or are you ‘enhanced’ ? [/quote]

Hey mate,

Yes that’s true the IFBB isn’t tested etc however I have had a dream of becoming a IFBB Pro and going to the Olympia for many many years now so im sticking with it.

As you can probably tell im not “enhanced” so im going to be focusing more on overall condition and balance rather than mass. Also im not doing bodybuilding so that helps, there is quite a bit of juice in mens physique but I think its possible to come out on top if you nail conditioning, posing etc

[quote]mat_angus wrote:
Hello !

what changes did you make for your delts ? What is your shoulder routine, if you don’t mind.
Nice improvement !

Mat’
[/quote]

Hey man, all I did was started training delts twice per week, once just shoulders and another time on back day. I also focused a lot on the medial and rear delt, this meant I started many workouts with different variations of side lateral movements or rear delt movements (rather than a big press)

It seems to have helped quite a bit as my measurements around the shoulders have gone up quite a bit.

Yeah bro I have a really good shoulder workout of mine on my youtube channel :slight_smile: just search Jordan Metcalfe and it should come up.