IFBB Contest Prep - Jordan Metcalfe

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:
very nice pic… could we see the unfiltered version also?[/quote]

Funny you don’t ever ask Zraw this question.

[quote]red04 wrote:

Funny you don’t ever ask Zraw this question.[/quote]
Why is that funny?

Lookin good OP.

Hey guys,

My 9 week video update :slight_smile: more will be coming soon!

Let me know what you think about the supplements im using etc also if there is anything else you guys think i should be using! (Expecially in a prep, anything that has worked really well for you guys?)

Mr walkaway i will see what i can do lol.

[quote]red04 wrote:

Physique guys have it tough.

Also, if you are going to post an 11 minute video talking about your supplements, its okay to do it with a shirt on.

Again, physique guys have it rough.

[quote]red04 wrote:

are his filtered too? i hadn’t noticed

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

Also, if you are going to post an 11 minute video talking about your supplements, its okay to do it with a shirt on.

Again, physique guys have rough.[/quote]

Haha yeah man fair call on the shirt…

Hey guys,

Here is my latest video.

Knock 'em dead, Jordz.

[quote]The Iron Gumby wrote:
Knock 'em dead, Jordz.[/quote]

Thanks for the support brother!

UoA gym son.

Or is it, can’t really tell.

North Shore?

Haha Massey Uni gym, up in Albany :slight_smile:

Straight up, I know a couple of mates who study there.

Anyway looking good man. Keep up the good work and stay dialled in. I can totally relate to your latest video. I used to get that “why you doing this” line from my buddies and family. It gets better though. I lost like 15 pounds last year because I was devoting most of my time to uni, my mom just straight up put me on blast when she saw how much weight I lost and told me I needed to get my ass back in the gym LOL. I was like “wtf, weren’t you the one telling me I was getting too big two years ago?”

It’s funny people appreciate the hard work you put in more when you go backwards than when you progress forward.

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

Again, physique guys have it rough.[/quote]

lol

Would it have been acceptable if he was doing a bobybuilding comp and he was topless?

Koing

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

lol

Would it have been acceptable if he was doing a bobybuilding comp and he was topless?

Koing[/quote]

Not at all. Bodybuilding, powerlifting etc all suffer from a “hey look at me” mentality. Now, given there is always going to be a large amount of that because of the nature of the sport, it is easy to look like a douche bag e.g. making a video talking about your supplements while intentionally being shirtless, even a tank top would have been a bit better. If he is posing then okay fine, but it comes off poorly otherwise.

The reason why I say Physique guys have it tough is that it is pretty new and they are still kind of figuring out what the hell it is and what the judges are actually looking for. Also, the ‘posing/modelling’ has the same strange effect, like what the hell? Now, flexing in speedos is weird also, but the focus on the hair, teeth, abs etc makes Physique a strange division viewed from a bodybuilding perpective. I understand the intention of the division and it seems to have quickly grown, but it’s ranks seem to be full of Jersey Shore types.

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[quote]Koing wrote:

[quote]Myosin wrote:

[quote]red04 wrote:

lol

Koing[/quote]

Not at all. Bodybuilding, powerlifting etc all suffer from a “hey look at me” mentality. Now, given there is always going to be a large amount of that because of the nature of the sport, it is easy to look like a douche bag e.g. making a video talking about your supplements while intentionally being shirtless, even a tank top would have been a bit better. If he is posing then okay fine, but it comes off poorly otherwise.

The reason why I say Physique guys have it tough is that it is pretty new and they are still kind of figuring out what the hell it is and what the judges are actually looking for. Also, the ‘posing/modelling’ has the same strange effect, like what the hell? Now, flexing in speedos is weird also, but the focus on the hair, teeth, abs etc makes Physique a strange division viewed from a bodybuilding perpective. I understand the intention of the division and it seems to have quickly grown, but it’s ranks seem to be full of Jersey Shore types.[/quote]

Im not quite sure if i understand you… yeah people judge the sport etc but every sport out there gets some judgement and criticism… we just gota keep doing what we are doing and enjoying ourselves cuz thats what its all about at the end of the day.

Yeah ok i could have warn a t-shit but who really cares? Now not only do people get judged by outsiders that dont understand the sport, people like you (who is actually in the sport) are hating as well… im not sure about everyone else thats checking out this thread but im all about motivating people to achieve their goals and also being motivated my self through other people’s experiences, achievements and stories.

And in relation to your comments about the physique class… yes its a new thing, yes the lines of what judges are looking for are slightly blurred but hey! I, and the people in this class are doing something with our lifes and we enjoy it, im not sat at home watching tv and eating fast food, im not out causing trouble and im sure as hell not doing something that is hurting other people so why judge? i have respect for anyone out there that actually gets off their ass and does something with their life. Im sick of people like you judging and placing criticism on people that are having fun/doing something they are passionate about.

So please, if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all.

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
Straight up, I know a couple of mates who study there.

Anyway looking good man. Keep up the good work and stay dialled in. I can totally relate to your latest video. I used to get that “why you doing this” line from my buddies and family. It gets better though. I lost like 15 pounds last year because I was devoting most of my time to uni, my mom just straight up put me on blast when she saw how much weight I lost and told me I needed to get my ass back in the gym LOL. I was like “wtf, weren’t you the one telling me I was getting too big two years ago?”

It’s funny people appreciate the hard work you put in more when you go backwards than when you progress forward.

[/quote]

Cheers bro :slight_smile: yeah i know a lot of people in the same position… just sucks when you see someone you know that has great potential giving up on their dreams because of some retards with a judgmental attitude…

haha totally agree with you! i guess they understand how much effort you were putting in before… then they start to develop a certain respect for the whole thing :slight_smile:

[quote]Jordz wrote:

Im not quite sure if i understand you… yeah people judge the sport etc but every sport out there gets some judgement and criticism… we just gota keep doing what we are doing and enjoying ourselves cuz thats what its all about at the end of the day.

Yeah ok i could have warn a t-shit but who really cares? Now not only do people get judged by outsiders that dont understand the sport, people like you (who is actually in the sport) are hating as well… im not sure about everyone else thats checking out this thread but im all about motivating people to achieve their goals and also being motivated my self through other people’s experiences, achievements and stories.

And in relation to your comments about the physique class… yes its a new thing, yes the lines of what judges are looking for are slightly blurred but hey! I, and the people in this class are doing something with our lifes and we enjoy it, im not sat at home watching tv and eating fast food, im not out causing trouble and im sure as hell not doing something that is hurting other people so why judge? i have respect for anyone out there that actually gets off their ass and does something with their life. Im sick of people like you judging and placing criticism on people that are having fun/doing something they are passionate about.

So please, if you have nothing nice to say dont say anything at all.
[/quote]

You say you may not understand me, let me explain further. My post is not a knock on you personally or your physique…by all accounts you seem like a cool guy. It is just sometimes we inside this weird sport can lose perspective and get wrapped up in your own little world. Its not a team sport, in fact it is a very self-centered activity. When I was younger I also got caught up in the whole thing but now realize motivating people by saying hey look at me may not be the best course of action and in reality it really is self-serving, not as altruistic as you are stating.

As far as the Physique class, I understand your position. I can imagine its certainly not the first time you have defended it’s existence vs bodybuilding etc. It has expanded the tent on the number of competitors at shows on all levels and is much more inclusive than bodybuilding. My views on the class is not an examination of Jordan Metcalfe, just an observation from another set of eyes.

Good luck!