If You're In the IT Field, Please Check this Posting

I know there are a bunch of smarty pants on this forum so I was wondering if those of you in the IT field (any branch) could help me out. I am doing a research paper for my Business Communications class on the IT field, current and future, and need a primary source. It is supposed to be an interview or a survey. I have decided, so far, on a survey. When I make up a brief survey, would any of you mind filling it out and sending it back to me. I would greatly appreciate it. It will be 8 or 10 questions and only take a few minutes of your time. And, for the record, I’m going into Cisco Networking. This can be done via PM or email, which ever you are more comfortable with. Hell, I’ll call you if you don’t want to type. Thanks in advance.

PM me.
Happy to help if I can.

my husband is a network architect for Cisco - I’ll pass along the questions if you send me a copy.

I’m a IT student as well, focus is programming. I do work in tech support currently, so I may qualify for your survey.

I’m not it the IT field but I swear at Bill Gates quite often and want to kill puppies out of shear revenge when Word decides to do what it wants and not what I want when I have a deadline and a 100 page document to get out the door. I’d be happy to fake up some data for you.

I’m not it the IT field but I swear at Bill Gates quite often and want to kill puppies out of shear revenge when Word decides to do what it wants and not what I want when I have a deadline and a 100 page document to get out the door. I’d be happy to fake up some data for you.

Edit: And I also want to kill the a-hole responsible for double posts.

Send it on…

I’d like to help. PM me.

I might be able to help too. Send a PM.

[quote]jjackkrash wrote:

Edit: And I also want to kill the a-hole responsible for double posts.[/quote]

what Jack says, x2 squared

I am doing my masters in Information and Security Assurance, shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do.

[quote]biggjames wrote:
I am doing my masters in Information and Security Assurance, shoot me a PM and I will see what I can do.[/quote]

I can’t seem to PM you. If you want to send me your email via pm, I can send you the survey, you can fill it out, and email it back. It’s in a docx file.

I shot a PM to everyone requesting email address, via pm of course. Any other takers? I have about 2 weeks to do this survey. I start writing my paper this weekend. I always write first, then incorporate my research later. Sounds odd, I know, but it works for me. It does drive my BCOM professor nuts that I don’t write papers how she would like me to write them. At least I get them done, though.

Bring it on Rugmuncher!

DBA/GIS/Development/Archtitecture 18 years exp.

Side note: Today, I just threw out my piece of shit Netgear 3300 wireless router and bought a Cisco LinkSys E3000. :wink:

Rug…question.

The very last question on the survey…just for clarification, are you referring to the field as a whole? Or mine, at my place of employment?

If you send me a PM, I’ll help you out.

I am a Network Architect (CCIE) with IBM. Send me a PM and I will help out.

I’m using a computer right now, does that count? Actually am in the field but looks like there’s others more qualified for your specific need.

[quote]LittleStrick wrote:
Rug…question.

The very last question on the survey…just for clarification, are you referring to the field as a whole? Or mine, at my place of employment?[/quote]

You answered it nicely. Either way is useful. I’m using what everyone wrote along with some articles I found to form a consensus as to where the field in general is heading, throwing in some specifics along the way.

I’m a BA at a software company (the guy who does requirements). I just PMed my email to you.