If You Were Going to Rob a House...

i would go to an open house to get a layout of the house, where valuables may be kept - where the bedrooms are etc. information about the windows and locks - some may be broken or easier to enter than others and iformation about whether or not they have an alarm system would be availbale also. it would make it possible to form an easier escape route also.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Artem wrote:
I’m an expert diamond robber and this one always gets my best men:

Set up a pulley, counterweighted by an Acne brand anvil, triggered by the door opening. Once the thief steps in, they will be hung upside down by one leg, helplessly.

The anvil falling will open a sliding door and let a marble roll down a zig zagging ramp, which will eventually land on the activation slide on a container of liquid nitrogen, strategically placed facing the door and tilted up ever so slightly.

MEANWHILE, the anvil has been swinging away from its dropping point because it was dropped on an angle and not straight down and dropped from above the door.

Mere milliseconds after the culprit is hoisted and frozen by liquid nitrogen, he will be smashed to shards by the force of the anvil.

holy shit
[/quote]

Best part is: no evidence
Just sweep up your floor and take a minute to re-set the trap.

Or you could just skip the nitrogen and have an anvil hit them, then sell their organs. I had a buddy purposely move into a bad neighborhood and have his frail grandmother draped in jewelry hang out inside in front of a large window.

He had this trap set up and would just collect on organs. He’d sell the house and move to another crappy town every 5 or 6 drops.

You’d be surprised at how much of the human body can be harvested. He made bank.
The livers were usually shot though.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Interesting and informative thread, would definitely read again.

Interesting and informative thread, would definitely read again.[/quote]

I would be curious to know just what percentage of your ten thousand three hundred and thirty nine posts are reposts, hot stuff.

[quote]Artem wrote:
That One Guy wrote:
Artem wrote:
I’m an expert diamond robber and this one always gets my best men:

Set up a pulley, counterweighted by an Acne brand anvil, triggered by the door opening. Once the thief steps in, they will be hung upside down by one leg, helplessly.

The anvil falling will open a sliding door and let a marble roll down a zig zagging ramp, which will eventually land on the activation slide on a container of liquid nitrogen, strategically placed facing the door and tilted up ever so slightly.

MEANWHILE, the anvil has been swinging away from its dropping point because it was dropped on an angle and not straight down and dropped from above the door.

Mere milliseconds after the culprit is hoisted and frozen by liquid nitrogen, he will be smashed to shards by the force of the anvil.

holy shit

Best part is: no evidence
Just sweep up your floor and take a minute to re-set the trap.

Or you could just skip the nitrogen and have an anvil hit them, then sell their organs. I had a buddy purposely move into a bad neighborhood and have his frail grandmother draped in jewelry hang out inside in front of a large window.

He had this trap set up and would just collect on organs. He’d sell the house and move to another crappy town every 5 or 6 drops.

You’d be surprised at how much of the human body can be harvested. He made bank.
The livers were usually shot though.[/quote]

Just dont come home drunk

[quote]sluicy wrote:
Makavali wrote:

I would be curious to know just what percentage of your ten thousand three hundred and thirty nine posts are reposts, hot stuff. [/quote]

I like to do things multiple times.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
When no one is home.[/quote]

Rookie…

I would do it when everybody is home, they won’t expect that!

EDIT:

Note to self: Read thread before posting

I’d get a job and earn much more from actually working in a real job than robbing people to sell $1000 items stolen for twenty bucks just to buy some HOT-ROX Extreme!!!

[quote]asusvenus wrote:
RSGZ wrote:
When no one is home.

Rookie…

I would do it when everybody is home, they won’t expect that!

EDIT:

Note to self: Read thread before posting[/quote]

Clearly you’re new at this.

Why encounter conflict when it can be avoided all together?

I just figured something out. If you take Makavali’s post count and divide by 3, you get his true post count! I’m a damn genius.

I can’t say I’m suprised live has a serious answer for this.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I just figured something out. If you take Makavali’s post count and divide by 3, you get his true post count! I’m a damn genius.[/quote]

Nah, he was on 7-8k before that post thing started happening.

I wonder if I had been wearing a dress and wig if you would’ve gotten the joke.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I wonder if I had been wearing a dress and wig if you would’ve gotten the joke.[/quote]

Doh. I get it now.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
asusvenus wrote:

Clearly you’re new at this.

Why encounter conflict when it can be avoided all together?[/quote]

Tsk, real men like conflics! Gone eating babyseals

(Please don’t evaluate my manlyness by looking at my picture)

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
polo77j wrote:
I wonder if I had been wearing a dress and wig if you would’ve gotten the joke.

Doh. I get it now.[/quote]

knew you would if I referenced wacky British humor

My house was broken into a few months ago, about 3 weeks after we moved in. My wife and I were gone for about 2 hours. I sat down to watch the hockey game and said “where’s the tv?”. tv, computer, ipod, money… all gone. Probably the worst feeling I ever had.

Stuff worked out… insurance covered everything. New door/locks, newer/nicer computer, newer/nicer tv. And the situation gave me an excuse to buy a bunch of large heavy items (crowbars, baseball bats, etc) which are now strategically placed around my house, as well as the American Bulldog that I’ve always wanted.

The situation still sucked though.

[quote]polo77j wrote:
I just figured something out. If you take Makavali’s post count and divide by 3, you get his true post count! I’m a damn genius.[/quote]

Are you making fun of me?

[quote]xkungpowx wrote:
My house was broken into a few months ago, about 3 weeks after we moved in. My wife and I were gone for about 2 hours. I sat down to watch the hockey game and said “where’s the tv?”. tv, computer, ipod, money… all gone. Probably the worst feeling I ever had.

Stuff worked out… insurance covered everything. New door/locks, newer/nicer computer, newer/nicer tv. And the situation gave me an excuse to buy a bunch of large heavy items (crowbars, baseball bats, etc) which are now strategically placed around my house, as well as the American Bulldog that I’ve always wanted.

The situation still sucked though.[/quote]

So what your saying is that robbing houses actually helps them?
Sure, you may feel bad, but just like giving birh to a child, something nice comes out of it.

[quote]sluicy wrote:
polo77j wrote:
I just figured something out. If you take Makavali’s post count and divide by 3, you get his true post count! I’m a damn genius.

Are you making fun of me?[/quote]

Nope. I don’t even know what I’d be making fun of you about.

Here is the nastiest robbery story that happens to people.

Normally its in broad daylight. And its a door to door sales guy posing as an alarm guy that scopes your place out. People are stupid and let the guy into there home.

Next you get robbed for light stuff. Jewels entertainment stuff. Liquor etc. Makes it look like petty street crime.

3 months later after the insurance has replaced the stuff the scouts steal. They show up with a fake moving truck and crew. And they steal everything in your home. I mean everything. Then even take the frames from your pics you have on the wall.

This is a highly organized theft but it does happen. Just an FYI for those people that let door to door sales people in there homes.