If You Put a Skinny Powerlifter on a BB Split?

[quote]GTFOmyPowerRack wrote:

No Im not man. Im just asking if we take the skinny strong dude and put him on a BB split, higher rep range, ,etc. Would he explode more than a guy the same size as him, but weaker?
[/quote]

Probably not “hypothetically speaking”. The ideal bodybuilder would be one who grew without having to use super extreme weights to get big.

[quote]infinite_shore wrote:
Thinking about it, I don’t think I missed the point but can’t be arsed to explain.[/quote]

I think you missed it by a miles. There were no question about squatting for biceps grow, your post was irrelevant to the thread. Thanks anyway for trying to contribute, I appreciate the effort.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

No Im not man. Im just asking if we take the skinny strong dude and put him on a BB split, higher rep range, ,etc. Would he explode more than a guy the same size as him, but weaker?
[/quote]

Probably not “hypothetically speaking”. The ideal bodybuilder would be one who grew without having to use super extreme weights to get big.[/quote]

This makes sense. If you can grow without having to use heavy weights you should be able to recover faster and therefore train more frequently. You also have less chance of losing training time due to injury.

YES a relatively smaller powerlifter would get pretty big faster than most doing hypertrophy training imo

[quote]@JC_Tree_Trunks wrote:
So squatting 350+ and deadlifting over 400 is strong? The problem isnt size vs strength, rather its people think they are putting up strong numbers when they arent.

People always think “man i can bench 225 but the size just isnt there”. Yeah, its because you gotta bench 325 before you see a full chest[/quote]

Is that an attempt at sounding hardcore?

I’m pretty sure working on proper technique and manipulating rests periods would win out every time rather than simply striving to jerk the most weight in the air using as much momentum as possible. When people start seeing the weight as the end and not the means to it, you can start getting small guys with big totals. Nothing wrong with that, just different goals.

[quote]RomanianRock wrote:
YES a relatively smaller powerlifter would get pretty big faster than most doing hypertrophy training imo[/quote]

Gee, good to know genetics rely on your opinion.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

[/quote]

Probably not “hypothetically speaking”. The ideal bodybuilder would be one who grew without having to use super extreme weights to get big.[/quote]

This makes sense. If you can grow without having to use heavy weights you should be able to recover faster and therefore train more frequently. You also have less chance of losing training time due to injury.
[/quote]

Exactly. If you can build 20" arms without curling heavier than a 70lbs dumbbell, you win at the “life time reduction of risk of injury award”

I don’t see anyone like this at all…but you always here about these magical people who are supposedly HUGE but can only curl 35lbs dumbbells.

YES a relatively smaller powerlifter would get pretty big faster than most doing hypertrophy training imo[/quote]

That what I think too. Lets say a dude is squat 495. Good chance after 3 month of BB style he could reps 405 easy, thus working in a hypertrophy rep range with a heavy ass weigth= big fukin muscle…

That what I think too. Lets say a dude is squat 495. Good chance after 3 month of BB style he could reps 405 easy, thus working in a hypertrophy rep range with a heavy ass weigth= big fukin muscle…[/quote]

? It isn’t that simple. The guys with the best genetics are the ones who are HUGE as powerlifters…not the ones who stay small with huge weights.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly. If you can build 20" arms without curling heavier than a 70lbs dumbbell, you win at the “life time reduction of risk of injury award”

I don’t see anyone like this at all…but you always here about these magical people who are supposedly HUGE but can only curl 35lbs dumbbells.[/quote]

Bro, a friend of mine gonna compete for Mr Quebec this year, 18.5 inch arms ripped to bones(20 inch offseason), 20 year old REALLY good physique, trained by IFBB pro Larry vinette, and the dude squat 250lb for barely 8 reps, pulling 300 for 2 reps. Yes, he use A LOT of chemical assistance(maybe it could change things), but its not rare too see guy like this. But a lot of these case are with dude assisted.

That what I think too. Lets say a dude is squat 495. Good chance after 3 month of BB style he could reps 405 easy, thus working in a hypertrophy rep range with a heavy ass weigth= big fukin muscle…[/quote]

? It isn’t that simple. The guys with the best genetics are the ones who are HUGE as powerlifters…not the ones who stay small with huge weights.[/quote]

Make sense.

Gee, good to know genetics rely on your opinion.[/quote]

??

sorry didnt read all the posts lol

??

[/quote]

It meant that the reason certain people are huge is NOT because of simply how they look. If you do a shit load of work but your body refrains from looking like it, you do NOT have good bodybuilding genetics.

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don’t see anyone like this at all…but you always here about these magical people who are supposedly HUGE but can only curl 35lbs dumbbells.[/quote]

Bro, a friend of mine gonna compete for Mr Quebec this year, 18.5 inch arms ripped to bones(20 inch offseason), 20 year old REALLY good physique, trained by IFBB pro Larry vinette, and the dude squat 250lb for barely 8 reps, pulling 300 for 2 reps. Yes, he use A LOT of chemical assistance(maybe it could change things), but its not rare too see guy like this. But a lot of these case are with dude assisted.[/quote]

There is a big difference between using a weight for a purpose…and using a weight because that is all you can lift.

I can get a great workout with a 60lbs dumbbells for biceps. That doesn’t mean that is all I can curl if you see me do it.

??

[/quote]

It meant that the reason certain people are huge is NOT because of simply how they look. If you do a shit load of work but your body refrains from looking like it, you do NOT have good bodybuilding genetics.[/quote]

true. thats why i choose powerlifting…my lifts are 485/315/465@198 but still know people who look 2x bigger/cut and dont lift shit

[quote]cwill1973 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

Bro, a friend of mine gonna compete for Mr Quebec this year, 18.5 inch arms ripped to bones(20 inch offseason), 20 year old REALLY good physique, trained by IFBB pro Larry vinette, and the dude squat 250lb for barely 8 reps, pulling 300 for 2 reps. Yes, he use A LOT of chemical assistance(maybe it could change things), but its not rare too see guy like this. But a lot of these case are with dude assisted.[/quote]

There is a big difference between using a weight for a purpose…and using a weight because that is all you can lift.

I can get a great workout with a 60lbs dumbbells for biceps. That doesn’t mean that is all I can curl if you see me do it.[/quote]

Of course, but he is struggling to lift those weigth, I know, I train with him… Do you think guy who use sterdroid can build muscle without getting much stronger?

And do you think a guy who plateau in is bodybuilding developpement, go on a strength training program for a couple of month to get his lift a lot higher, and go back to bodybuilding style of training could benefit?

[quote]@JC_Tree_Trunks wrote:
So squatting 350+ and deadlifting over 400 is strong? The problem isnt size vs strength, rather its people think they are putting up strong numbers when they arent.

People always think “man i can bench 225 but the size just isnt there”. Yeah, its because you gotta bench 325 before you see a full chest[/quote]

not that I have the most impressive chest, but I’ve never benched 325. Benching 325 is irrelevant.

Of course, but he is struggling to lift those weigth, I know, I train with him… Do you think guy who use sterdroid can build muscle without getting much stronger?

And do you think a guy who plateau in is bodybuilding developpement, go on a strength training program for a couple of month to get his lift a lot higher, and go back to bodybuilding style of training could benefit?
[/quote]

Dude, you are just making up a bunch of what if-s. This is the primary downfall of new trainers.

Focus more on what actually happens most.

[/quote]

Dude, you are just making up a bunch of what if-s. This is the primary downfall of new trainers.

Focus more on what actually happens most.[/quote]

I actually ask cause Im in this situation. Been lifting for a solid 4 years hard and seems like a I got them shitty genetics. Poundage doesn’t go up and bulk turn into fat gain without much strength gain. Ive been on a bodypart split for a while and taught maybe a strength program with higher frequency could benefits in the long run when I return to bodybuilding split.