T Nation

If You Know Anyone in Mumbai

Better call to see if they’re all right:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7751160.stm

This jihad is no doubt a retaliation for India’s support of Israel. Or something.

[quote]PRCalDude wrote:
This jihad is no doubt a retaliation for India’s support of Israel. Or something. [/quote]

Or just cause they fucking well can.Savages.

I know there is a good outsourcing joke in here somewhere…

I hope the perps have good laywers and are aware of their rights. If we get a hold of the sons of bitches will give them a trial in our courts they’ll never forget! Who’s with me?! Trial by jury!

[quote]Sloth wrote:
I hope the perps have good laywers and are aware of their rights. If we get a hold of the sons of bitches will give them a trial in our courts they’ll never forget! Who’s with me?! Trial by jury![/quote]

I’m all for getting them the lawyers representing the poor GITMO detainees. I’m with you!

Thank God they have such strict anti-gun laws in India. [sarcasm]

When discussing recent legislation…

“This changed towards the mid to late 1980s, when the Government, citing domestic insurgency as the reason, put a complete stop to all small arms imports. The fact that there is no documented evidence of any terrorists ever having used licensed weapons to commit an act of terror on Indian soil seems to be of no consequence to our Government. The prices of (legal & licensed) imported weapons have been on an upward spiral ever since - beating the share market and gold in terms of pure return on investment. Even the shoddy domestically produced guns suddenly seem to have found a market. Also since the Government now had a near monopoly on (even half-way decent) arms & ammunition for the civilian market, they started turning the screws by pricing their crude public sector products (ammunition, rifles, shotguns & small quantities of handguns) at ridiculously high rates - products that frankly, given a choice no one would ever purchase.”

Perhaps India was chosen because of Muslim animosity regarding Kasmir and the lack of an armed local populace (and an abundance of Westerners to target).

He’s got a bunch of great quotes…

“No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion.” --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty.” – Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler’s Table Talks 1941-1944)

“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.” – Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238)

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” – George Orwell, the author of Animal Farm and 1984, himself a socialist

“Gun control? It’s the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I’m a bad guy, I’m always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You’ll pull the trigger with a lock on, and I’ll pull the trigger. We’ll see who wins.” – Sammy “The Bull” Gravano, Mafia hit man

“The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside…Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them…” – Thomas Paine, Thoughts on Defensive War in 1775

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” – The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times) speaking at the “Educating Heart Summit” in Portland, Oregon, when asked by a girl how to react when a shooter takes aim at a classmate

[quote]pwilliams wrote:
He’s got a bunch of great quotes…

“No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave. He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion.” --James Burgh (Political Disquisitions: Or, an Enquiry into Public Errors, Defects, and Abuses) [London, 1774-1775]

“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed the subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty.” – Adolf Hitler (H.R. Trevor-Roper, Hitler’s Table Talks 1941-1944)

“Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.” – Mahatma Gandhi (An Autobiography OR The story of my experiments with truth, by M.K. Gandhi, p.238)

“A system of licensing and registration is the perfect device to deny gun ownership to the bourgeoisie.” – Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer’s cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” – George Orwell, the author of Animal Farm and 1984, himself a socialist

“Gun control? It’s the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I’m a bad guy, I’m always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You’ll pull the trigger with a lock on, and I’ll pull the trigger. We’ll see who wins.” – Sammy “The Bull” Gravano, Mafia hit man

“The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand, arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and the plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside…Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them…” – Thomas Paine, Thoughts on Defensive War in 1775

“If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” – The Dalai Lama, (May 15, 2001, The Seattle Times) speaking at the “Educating Heart Summit” in Portland, Oregon, when asked by a girl how to react when a shooter takes aim at a classmate[/quote]

Guns are widely available in India, its just that a lot of us Indians are fairly peace loving or oblivious to terrorism.

Plus we have a huge fucking military(i think ranked the 3rd biggest). So we don’t really need every civilian to be armed.
Also there are a lot of dumb motherfuckers who would make a mess if they had a gun(there are a few crazy people here).

Personally i think we need much more training/professional management in our military and police(the latter is extremely corrupt), corruption is also probably the number one challenge India faces right now(you have fucking high ranking officers involved in illegal arms trading).

My two cents.

[quote]Shire wrote:

…My two cents.[/quote]

Thanks for the input. I believe your statements make an even better case for more civilian firearm availability.

I hope you and yours are and stay safe.

pw