If you Hate Cops, this Story won't Change your Opinion

maybe its because about 90% of cops do fucked up shit that screws peoples lives up at least once in their carrer.

but by all means inlighten us garage! inlighten us!

[quote]decapsk8 wrote:
maybe its because about 90% of cops do fucked up shit that screws peoples lives up at least once in their carrer.

but by all means inlighten us garage! inlighten us! [/quote]

Well I don’t how it is in your neck of the woods (Texas?), but here in Oregon the cops act like cops should. There are always going to be bad apples in any profession, and I’m sure Dallas PD would have fired the turd in this case had he not resigned.

[quote]Garage Warrior wrote:
Wow, stories like this sure bring the haters out of the woodwork. Too bad the media doesn’t like to report on all the good, courageous, and helpful things cops do in their communities everyday. [/quote]

like all the money they bring into the community by giving out the traffic tickets.

to be honest here,EVERY officer I have ever spoken to have told me,in a situation where it was potentially dangerous they would rather wait till the situation is over before rolling on scene.

this is not courageous this is chicken shit,police today are nothing more than a revenue machine.
lets call it what it is shall we,cops do nothing more than write up reports.
glorified tattle tales.
there is not one cop today that will throw his life on the line. every single officer today dies due to accident,either they are in a bad place at a bad time and they are attacked because yes, people hate cops or they are in an auto accident.
not one jumped in front of a bullet,however this is what they will tell you, they all will lie through their teeth and say they are fighting crime courageous and all that.

I am all for looking out for number 1,but don’t lie about it,and act like you are looking out for the rest of the world.
What the fuck ever

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
glorified tattle tales.
[/quote]

ha ha ha ha ha!

One of my brother’s friends got pulled over by a couple police officers outside Csu Chico.

She rolled down her windows as they walked up on both sides of her car. They immediately drew their guns, pointed them at her, and screamed at her to get out.

Once she was out of the car they continued to scream, cuss, and point their guns at her.

She was so scared that she was crying and shaking uncontrollably, barely able to stand, yelling “PLEASE DON’T SHOOT ME!”. She even vommitted a few times.

Apparently they believed that she had hollowed out the bible that was in her passenger’s seat, and had placed a firearm in it.

After they figured out that this 5 foot nothing, white, Christian girl did not hollow out her bible to conceal a firearm, they let her go.

At least they didn’t rape and kill her

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:
Another example of abuse of power.

which is why kids should not be cops…

just because you are of legal age does not mean you have the maturity to be in a position of power.

and i see it all the time in the news.
[/quote]

Young people hardly have a monopoly on abuses of power. There are people who have made careers out of it. There’s no easy way to determine who should be put in authority.

I agree with what seems to be the general consensus, though - whatever criteria we are using isn’t working, and there are a lot of dicks with badges out there.

It shouldn’t surprise you when you encounter a helpful cop, but that’s the case most places.

[quote]Waggahay wrote:
MaddyD wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

just because you are of legal age does not mean you have the maturity to be in a position of power.

Young people hardly have a monopoly on abuses of power. There are people who have made careers out of it. There’s no easy way to determine who should be put in authority.

I agree with what seems to be the general consensus, though - whatever criteria we are using isn’t working, and there are a lot of dicks with badges out there.

It shouldn’t surprise you when you encounter a helpful cop, but that’s the case most places.[/quote]
I agree, I am not saying that all young cops are bad, nor am I saying that a youngster(21 and up) should not be a cop.

what I am saying though is that most of the bad cops I have seen and heard about are all youngish, and after speaking to me they almost let slip that they were in iraq,(like that is meant to intimidate me)
so I am gathering that most of the bad ones are kids that are not mature enough to carry a badge.

I have a friend right now her boyfriend is training to be an MP in the army.
he has not even left bootcamp yet infact I think hes still there.
and she is is talking about leaving him when he gets home because every conversation he has is talking about smashing someone,and he cant wait because when he is an MP he can do anything he want and they always side with him.

granted this kid is a douche bag and not everyone is like that but how he is thinking is how some of these “bad apples” (nice cop out BTW) also think.
it is really sickening.

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
Waggahay wrote:
MaddyD wrote:
I agree, I am not saying that all young cops are bad, nor am I saying that a youngster(21 and up) should not be a cop.

what I am saying though is that most of the bad cops I have seen and heard about are all youngish, and after speaking to me they almost let slip that they were in iraq,(like that is meant to intimidate me)
so I am gathering that most of the bad ones are kids that are not mature enough to carry a badge.

and she is is talking about leaving him when he gets home because every conversation he has is talking about smashing someone,and he cant wait because when he is an MP he can do anything he want and they always side with him.

granted this kid is a douche bag and not everyone is like that but how he is thinking is how some of these “bad apples” (nice cop out BTW) also think.
it is really sickening.
[/quote]

Fair enough.

And an interesting sidenote - I wonder how many former MPs or soldiers make good cops?
Coming from such a structured background, I suspect that they’d probably be less likely to be helpful and understanding?

Anyone have any insights on that? I’d like to hear 'em.

[quote]Waggahay wrote:
MaddyD wrote:
Waggahay wrote:
MaddyD wrote:

it is really sickening.

Fair enough.

And an interesting sidenote - I wonder how many former MPs or soldiers make good cops?
Coming from such a structured background, I suspect that they’d probably be less likely to be helpful and understanding?

Anyone have any insights on that? I’d like to hear 'em.
[/quote]

or maybe the rookies want to show that they have something to prove?
and by rookie I mean maybe 5 years or so in.
I am not sure thats a good question though

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
Waggahay wrote:
MaddyD wrote:
Iron Dwarf wrote:

It shouldn’t surprise you when you encounter a helpful cop, but that’s the case most places.

it is really sickening.
[/quote]

Even back in the 70’s they said if you like to fight become a M.P.

http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/04/04/20090404ODD-pillowfight04-ON.html

I thought this amusing, but why people are thinking COPS step over the line

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
there is not one cop today that will throw his life on the line.
[/quote]

Don’t you think you might be exaggerating just a little bit there?

mike

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
Garage Warrior wrote:
Wow, stories like this sure bring the haters out of the woodwork. Too bad the media doesn’t like to report on all the good, courageous, and helpful things cops do in their communities everyday.

like all the money they bring into the community by giving out the traffic tickets.

to be honest here,EVERY officer I have ever spoken to have told me,in a situation where it was potentially dangerous they would rather wait till the situation is over before rolling on scene.

this is not courageous this is chicken shit,police today are nothing more than a revenue machine.
lets call it what it is shall we,cops do nothing more than write up reports.
glorified tattle tales.
there is not one cop today that will throw his life on the line. every single officer today dies due to accident,either they are in a bad place at a bad time and they are attacked because yes, people hate cops or they are in an auto accident.
not one jumped in front of a bullet,however this is what they will tell you, they all will lie through their teeth and say they are fighting crime courageous and all that.

I am all for looking out for number 1,but don’t lie about it,and act like you are looking out for the rest of the world.
What the fuck ever
[/quote]

Oakland, Pittsburgh? Have you read something besides T-Nation in the past two weeks. Your too hard for the news, I know.

To be fair, I’m sure many an innocent pillowfight in Detroit has turned into a multiple homacide. Probably happens by-weekly.

They put their lives on the line every time they pull someone over, answer a call, etc.

From the story:

[quote]
Kelly, who was on his way home after completing his overnight shift when he heard the call for help, rushed to the scene and was killed trying to help Sciullo and Mayhle, Harper said.[/quote]

If what you claim were true, then Kelly would have simply gone home and went to bed.

There is a big difference between Military Police and Municipal/ City/ State/ Police Services, from the way they police and enforce the laws… to the type of laws they enforce.

And to answer your question and suspicion with regards to those officers coming from a military background being less “helpful” and “understanding”, in most cases you are wrong. But again, it depends on the individual.

99.9% of the police officers out there today are doing there best to make the streets and cities safer for you, your family, themselves and their own families.

After reading the posts thus far, most persons are begrudging the officers from actions during traffic stops, getting tickets and perceive themselves as being treated unfairly. I am not doubting there are some officers out there who do not act in a professonal manner… but I can also tell you that other officers who observe this behaviour either sort that officer out themselves, with their peers or report them to their supervisor(s).

As for traffic enforcement, this is one one the most base forms of law enforcement… and until you scrape body parts and various internal organs off of a roadway at 3 am by flashlight, and then attend the next of kins/ familys address to wake them up and adsvise them that their little (insert name here) or mother or father are never coming home due to an act of stupidity on their or someone else’s part… you should keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

And as for those of you that believe that officers are not getting hurt/ maimed and killed by the acts of violence by the very people they are SWORN… that’s right… they took an OATH… to protect and serve, you must be huffin’ glue.
I have had numerous friends and colleagues seriously hurt and killed in violent confrontations… and of course, accidents. And 90% of the accident victims? You guessed it, they were responding to a “hot-shot”, or a priority call where someone’s safety was threatened

And even though people like Decaps8 are truly ignorant, you can bet your ass an officer would dive into a swollen river, run into a burning building or take a bullet to save his stupid misinformed ass. And they would do it for his mom, dad, sister, brother and so and so on… hell, I think he is an idiot, but even if I knew it was him in a potentially life threatening situation I would put my ass on the line for him. Why?

Because I took an oath… and to me, a man’s word still means something. My Grandfather told me this a long time ago when I was a kid… “There are two things in life nobody can ever take from you… and only you can give them away. They are your word… and your honour. Once you lose them, you can never get them back.” And I have passed the same words onto my sons, and it still rings true.

This thread was started about the actions and the behaviour of one particular officer, and he was wrong and unprofessional… and he shall pay the price… which in my opinion he should lose his job. And, if he was on my shift, I would probably meet him in the parking lot after work to sort it out. And I would hazard to guess there would be a lineup of other officers from his station/ shift to have a little “talk” with him as well.

Honesty. Integrity. Fairness. Friendly. Respect. Reliability. Teamwork. Positive Attitude. Ethical.
These are the core values.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
The thing that really surprised me was that the department didn’t make excuses for him…and issued an apology…I was shocked.

You and me and a half a zillion other folks can safely assume that without the public dissemination of the video the department would have probably handled this a little differently, shall we say?[/quote]

I’m thinking if it happened to an average Joe Blow, the video wouldn’t have been disseminated.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:
The thing that really surprised me was that the department didn’t make excuses for him…and issued an apology…I was shocked.

You and me and a half a zillion other folks can safely assume that without the public dissemination of the video the department would have probably handled this a little differently, shall we say?

I’m thinking if it happened to an average Joe Blow, the video wouldn’t have been disseminated.
[/quote]

I am betting it happens to Joe Blow all the time

[quote]pittbulll wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
pushharder wrote:
Big_Boss wrote:

You and me and a half a zillion other folks can safely assume that without the public dissemination of the video the department would have probably handled this a little differently, shall we say?

I am betting it happens to Joe Blow all the time

[/quote]
Yeah!!! There is no way I can put on my hazard lights(because they elevate my ride to VIP status), run multiple red lights, and lead the police on a car chase without going to jail. And then they apologize to me(hazards anyone) because I did nothing to mitigate the po po’s perception of the situation(AGAIN MY HAZARDS WERE ON!!!) See what happens when hit the VIP’s and you ain’t no NFL player(see pic.)

My home town, could this have been handled differently ? I think so.