If You Had to Choose...

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
Steak[/quote]

should NEVER be considered a cheat food…

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Steak

should NEVER be considered a cheat food…[/quote]

I could not possibly agree more.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
sasquatch wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
Steak

should NEVER be considered a cheat food…

I could not possibly agree more.[/quote]

I could.

Oh and put some damn cheese on that steak!

Losing Fat AND Gaining Muscle at the same time is a pipedream. Drop that idea immediately. Supplements can only do so much, and this probably isnt one of those things. Unless you are a tottaalllll nooooobbb or have a tremendous calorie turn over I would say its impossible.

Chase 2 rabbits and catch neither.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Believe it or not, I would have to say HOT-ROX Extreme. With the addition of Carbolin 19 and the protein synthesis effect of A7-E and Scaremax it is very anabolic not even mentioning the fat slicing effect which is it’s main purpose.

Also, have to mention Alpha Male for the test boosting action and Carbolin 19 as well.

D [/quote]

HOT-ROX Extreme does not contain Sclaremax. The Carbolin 19 is used instead. But it’s still in the Maximum Strength HOT-ROX .

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
Losing Fat AND Gaining Muscle at the same time is a pipedream. Drop that idea immediately. Supplements can only do so much, and this probably isnt one of those things. Unless you are a tottaalllll nooooobbb or have a tremendous calorie turn over I would say its impossible.

Chase 2 rabbits and catch neither.[/quote]

Yeah… I’m pretty much hovering between 193 and 195… So I’m not gaining what I need to be in order to reach 210. But I wouldn’t say it’s a pipedream. I’m certainly losing fat, I can see the difference, and I’m maintaining weight, so I know I’m gaining lean mass, but I also know that eventally these gains will stop and I’ll see my overall bodyweight drop along with my BF%.

I wouldn’t say I’m a total noob, but compared to many on this site, I may be. But with regard to my gains, I’m positive my noob gains have already been attained and it’s down to the nitty-gritty now.

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:

Chase 2 rabbits and catch neither.[/quote]

if you gain lean mass while gaining very little or no fat your BF% goes down.

HHMMMM…HOT-ROX Extreme would allow you to eat more without gain too much fat or even lose fat. While the extra calories will help you put on muscle at a quicker pace…Alpha Male on the other hand can help you gain muscle quicker while putting on little to no extra body fat with a bump up in caloric intake also…so I geuss the answer would be to do a cycle consisting of two months of Alpha Male, then switch to HOT-ROX Extreme for two months. Try it, it’ll help keep your system “on it’s toes”

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Lonnie123 wrote:

Chase 2 rabbits and catch neither.

if you gain lean mass while gaining very little or no fat your BF% goes down.[/quote]

True, But if you gain large amounts of muscle and lose large amounts of fat at the same time your body fat also goes down. Too bad that doesnt happen very often.

I agree that you can gain some lean mass while minimizing fat gains, but to tell people that you can gain muscle mass and have a reduction in body fat percentage at the same time, while true in very rare cases, is largely misleading.

This poster is looking to do just that, and it just isnt very likely to happen. Thats why there is such a thing as cutting… EVERY one does that after they have added the mass. No one starts at 150lbs and 15% BF and ends up 215 and 8% BF without dieting. If they do they definitely should not be giving out advice…because they have no idea what the rest of the world goes through.

Mainly what I’m attempting to do is what Christian Thibaudeau wrote in this article: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956

I’m not competing, nor do I plan to. I don’t want to bulk/cut because when you do that, the majority of the time you’re not looking your best, and my main reason for training, besides health benefits, is aesthetics.

So… we’ll see what happens. It may take longer, but after reading that article, this is what I believe I want.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

[quote]Gorgeous wrote:
Mainly what I’m attempting to do is what Christian Thibaudeau wrote in this article: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1268956

I’m not competing, nor do I plan to. I don’t want to bulk/cut because when you do that, the majority of the time you’re not looking your best, and my main reason for training, besides health benefits, is aesthetics.

So… we’ll see what happens. It may take longer, but after reading that article, this is what I believe I want.

Thanks everyone for all your help.[/quote]

Wow. I have never seen one article do so much damage before in my life.

Yeah, let us know years from now when you finally reach that weight you could have been at in months by simply NOT doing things the way you are.

If you were sedentary, that means you just fucked over any newbies gains you could have squeezed out to their ultimate end. Congrats.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Gorgeous wrote:

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Wow. I have never seen one article do so much damage before in my life.

Yeah, let us know years from now when you finally reach that weight you could have been at in months by simply NOT doing things the way you are.

If you were sedentary, that means you just fucked over any newbies gains you could have squeezed out to their ultimate end. Congrats.[/quote]

Even with regards to that article, you still are gaining weight, both fat and muscle for a long period of time. Like I said before, gaining fat and losing muscle is fantasy for most people, even those on supplements.

Go ahead and follow that article, but do it intelligently. Follow the recommended calories and see if you actually gain the weight(2 to 3 pounds a month) and if not, eat more.

Dieting is MUUCCCHHHHH easier than putting on muscle. Think about that when you deciding what to do. It is very easy to shed the fat off your body once a certain level of discipline is reached.