If you had all the time in the world..

If you had all the time in the world, all the disposable time to work out…how would you do it? Still going 3-4 times/week? 2 times a day? Train each lift every other hour?

More is not always better, so I don’t think I’d change much. I used to have more time and would train 6 days a week for close to two hours. I make better progress 4 days a week for about an hour per session. All that time would be handy though for some short-term twice a day training when on a MAG-10 cycle.

Sprawl… get a job you lousy bum!

I’d still weight train 3-4 days a week, but it would allow me more time to do other activities more often like kbell work, mountain biking, in-line skating, volleyball and swimming. That would be ideal.

After my layoff last spring (from a tech company), I still worked out 3-4 days a week and also trained a former workmate as well. I don’t believe in twice a day workouts - EGADS! Just cuz, you have all the time in the world doesn’t mean you should overtrain, too.

I’d do a tiny little bit every hour. I’d make sure I didn’t use weights heavier than 75-80% though because I wouldn’t want to overtrain.

If I had no time obligations, I would still lift 3-4 (maybe 5) days a week, but I’d devote a little extra time to food prep. I’d use the rest of the additional time to better myself in other areas, like increasing my general knowledge base and learning new skills. No need to sleep in the weight room. There’s just too many opportunities to take advantage of.

I would continue to use HST unless I was training for PLing.

BS

Keep it to 3-4 times a week and do other things. I would get back in the fight game, or go fishing.

Demo dick has got the right idea. Use the extra time to grow as a human being. Read more, take an art class, catch up on some movies you want to see or spend more time with friends and family. If I had more time I would probably work out less as I would travel more and skip entire workout weeks. I would also spend more time hiking trails with my dogs and getting out doors in general. I would also like the extra time for food prep. If you can’t achieve your weight room goals in 4 hours a week, it’s doubtful you would be able to do it with more. It’s the old adage of quality over quantity.

To FREEBIE- I got a job, im a model=) Hence my only obligations is to keep my body and face in good shape=P Right now im working out 2 days on, 1 day off, cardio after every workout( which is a low/upper body split).

I like Nate’s comments on cross-training, but I gotta say, my best workouts are 2/day, 1 muscle group per workout. Splitting chest/tri into morning and evening (or chest/back… whatever). Everything I’ve read says this is optimal but just not always practical. You have 2 post workout windows for nutrition, you can hit the single muscle group harder, your individual workout session is shorter, and if you do a little cardio afterwards you have post-workout 2 opportunities to burn off some extra fat. There’s no doubt this works better for me and since stupid Verizon laid me off I’ve got the time for it.

I’d follow 2 workouts a day(for 1 bodypart) for 2 weeks,then take 2 or 3 weeks of 1 a day training.Train the same body part,and keep close watch on how much volume and intensity you can handle.Your workouts should be very short,(less than 45 minutes).Poliquin outlined a number of different protocols you could follow.Honestly Patricia,this doesn’t mean the 2 hrs workout’s/2 times a day as outlined by Flex.Also,remember,2 workouts,means 2 post-workout drinks!

don’t do cardio after your work out that will tax u of muscle gains, get food into u and rest god damn it!.

In periods when I´m out of work my training goes so much easier so I would love to have the money to stop working totaly but I think I would go back to school to read to keep my head still function. Some english studies wouldn´t hurt :slight_smile: but the main part would be a lot of courses that would help my training.
To have the money to hire a good coach wouldn´t hurt either.