T Nation

If You Get Engaged with a Gun Instead of a Ring

do the same rules apply about giving it back if you break up with them?

Yes.

Did you get engaged?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Did you get engaged?[/quote]

Past tense.

Who gave who the gun?

Who proposed?

What kind of a gun?

I’m actually confused. I told hiim thats how i wanted to be proposed to and thats how i would view a gift of that magnitude from the guy i was in a relationship with. Long story short he went out and bought me a Kimber 1911 Custom TLE. So is that a gift or a proposal?

[quote]theBeth wrote:
I’m actually confused. I told hiim thats how i wanted to be proposed to and thats how i would view a gift of that magnitude from the guy i was in a relationship with. Long story short he went out and bought me a Kimber 1911 Custom TLE. So is that a gift or a proposal?[/quote]

You dont even know if you are engaged, do you?

Well it doesn’t matter now, but if he knew thats how i viewed such a gift, why else would he do that?

[quote]theBeth wrote:
Well it doesn’t matter now, but if he knew thats how i viewed such a gift, why else would he do that?[/quote]

You know whats super awesome about them dar dudes?

You can just ask them.

Like in, “Did you do that to propose to me?”.

[quote]theBeth wrote:
Well it doesn’t matter now, but if he knew thats how i viewed such a gift, why else would he do that?[/quote]

Plus, this is insinuating that a man would think anything when doing that.

Usually, that is not true.

You think that he thinks like a woman.

He does not.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

You can just ask them.

[/quote]

mmmm yes. that. i tried asking. never got a straight up answer. it was like that for everything i asked having to do with love, being in love, marriage future etc

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

You can just ask them.

[/quote]

mmmm yes. that. i tried asking. never got a straight up answer. it was like that for everything i asked having to do with love, being in love, marriage future etc [/quote]

Oi…

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

He does not. [/quote]

Why the fuck else would a guy make that kind of investment?
He was already getting it for free.

[quote]theBeth wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]theBeth wrote:

He does not. [/quote]

Why the fuck else would a guy make that kind of investment?
He was already getting it for free. [/quote]

True…

Then, only semi-oi?

Probably not playing you, but does not know what he wants either, except not wanting to lose you.

[quote]orion wrote:
Probably not playing you, but does not know what he wants either, except not wanting to lose you.

[/quote]

Yep.

That’s a nice gun. He def wants to keep you around.

[quote]Dr. Pangloss wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[/quote]

Yep.

[/quote]

x2. I could absolutely see how how a guy who was into you but unsure of what he wants could see this whole gun thing as an ideal way to sort of propose without proposing, so to speak. This would explain why he went all rubbery when you pressed him for a real explanation.

Suppose it’s moot now.

I’ve found myself in snafu

It’s a promise gun!