If You Don't Get It You're Probably A Jerkoff

Well, it’s been about a month now. At first I’d wonder if the differences I’d been noticing where just in my head. Then other people started saying the same thing. The days turned to weeks and the weeks to months. Finally, as the end has become emminent the signs have become soo painfully clear. Tomorrow I will spend the last few hours with one of my best friends…my dog.

I got Rue dog and her brother about 7 years back. Her brother had epilepsy and after having several clusters of seizures it became real clear that there was no quality of life whatsoever, and what “appeared” to be a beautiful strong animal had to be put down. I slept on the floor with Rue for almost an entire summer just to keep her company after that. Now to see her cancer ridden body lay at my feet I can only pray she doesn’t wake up tommorrow.

BTW to make things even more interesting I just started PCT with 300mgs clomid yesterday and 100 today :frowning:

that has to be one of the saddest thing i’ve ever read.

I’m really sorry to hear that man, that sucks!

Wideguy, I’m so sorry to hear about Rue. I LOVE dogs and can’t imagine the pain you must be feeling right now.

stay strong brother, seeing your dawg with cancer is a horrible horrible sight, I had to put mine down for the very same reason, it was rough… stay strong dude.

Dogs truly are a mans best friend. Comfort her for her remaining days and spend as much time as possible with her. Remember the great memories she has given you.

Sorry for your tough situation.

I read these forums all the time but this is the first time I have chosen to post a reply. Anybody who is a dog person truly understands how you feel. As difficult as it seems, it is truly the most humane thing you can do for your canine companion. When faced with the same situation, I chose to stay with my rotty till the last heartbeat with my ear against his chest, a moment I will never forget. I have his daughter with me now and I adopted a belgian malinois from a rescue organization, the only thing that fills that void is the true appreciation I feel from those two for giving them a good life as well. May you have courage and peace of mind.

Zebo

I’m sorry to hear that Wideguy. Try to take comfort in the fact that you gave her a great life.

[quote]zebbo wrote:
I chose to stay with my rotty till the last heartbeat with my ear against his chest, a moment I will never forget.
Zebo[/quote]

intense…

Wideguy – I feel for ya man. Had to do that just this past summer. Tried various therapies, but in the end, nothing was improving the situation. The third animal I’ve had to put down in 5 year. Sucks. My daughter, at almost 4, still talks about him. She named her teddy bear after him too.

"The best friend man has in the world may turn against him and become his worst enemy. His son, or his daughter, that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and good name may become traitors to their faith. The money a man has he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it most. A man’s reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our head.

The one absolutely unselfish friend that man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him, the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous, is his dog. A man’s dog stands by him in prosperity and poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground when the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only to be near his master’s side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince.

When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wing, and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune dries his master forth, an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege that that of accompanying him against danger, to fight against his enemies. And when that last scene comes, and death takes his master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there, by the graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad, but open in alert watchfulness, faithful, and true, even in death."

SOrry Wideguy, I just lost a pet as well. I feal for you.

La’
Redsol1

eastierock:

Great contribution man… where did you get that from ? I honestly had a lump in my throat after reading that remembering the dogs I had in my childhood.

Wideguy:

Stay strong and my condolences.

I know that a pets time is generally too short, so I appreciate them every day.

I’m sorry to hear about your dog.

Stay strong and feel confident that while it may hurt you, it is ending their pain. Many people are way too selfish to understand.

I had to do the same thing with my 14 year old dog in October. I waited hoping I wouldn’t have to make that decision, but someone gave me a kind bit of advice…“better to be one day too early than one hour too late”?

Ended up with another pup last month. It wasn’t in my immediate planning, but had an opportunity to get a pup out of a breeder than I really respect. It was the best thing I could have done.

I know you are grieving, but how lucky we have been to have these wonderful creatures in our lives.

That’s terrible.

I know the bond you have with pets… i love my boxer soo much it hurts. Just the thought of something happening to her is almost enough to bring me to tears.

Everytime a dog dies I swear i’ll never get another one because it hurts too much. But 3 months later or I’ll get a new one, they’re my buddies and I like having them around.

You have my condolences big fella. I know how you feel. Unfortunately it’s part of life. I hope you get through it okay.

I’ve had a dog now for two years…he’s a scrappy Cavalier King Charles spaniel who was a rescue, as his previous owner abused him badly. This went on to the point of allowing the dog to become REALLY sick with a tailbone-infection induced blood disease (because the owner didn’t want to cut the tail off and ruin the dog’s ‘breed standard’ show potential). Fucker… Now the little guy’s with me, his tail looks like a stubby cocktail hotdog and he’s my shadow…where I go, there he is. When I first got him, we bonded INSTANTLY. After getting him home and he had an ‘accident’ on the living room rug, my brother yelled at him. I grabbed my brother’s shirt, shoved him against the wall and told him “with what this little dude’s been thru, he can shit on my pillow and I won’t care.” I feel your pain, bud…honest to Christ, I do.

MicroSlash

Wideguy

Any update on your dog? How are you holding up?

Zebo