If You Could Turn Back Time...

Id have not gutted out a back issue & had it addressed sooner, even though i couldnt afford to. Now i have 3 prolapsed discs & can hardly train. Nice one.

No need to turn back time since I just started at the beginning of my 20s. Plus I have T-cell to read, along with threads like this. :slight_smile:

[quote]debraD wrote:
Makavali wrote:
Or instead of wishing you could turn back time, you could all shut up and lift.

Or at the very least NOT put that damn song in my head!!

Now I have to go find “Brown girl in the Ring (tra-la-la la-la)” to get it out.

[/quote]

“If I could turn back time…”

1. Not take steroids at 16

2. Taking to long to realize I don’t need them

3. Not shutting up and trained

Drop the 400mg - 600mg of caffeine i was having each day for no reason but to get a kick from it.

[quote]Billy Joe wrote:

1. Not take steroids at 16

2. Taking to long to realize I don’t need them

3. Not shutting up and trained[/quote]

What steroids did you use, did you notice serious lasting consequences? Are you currently able to have a normal level of test naturally, and can you make gains without them?

I used deca at around 200mg per week. The only consequences of adding more testosterone to my body on top of being a fat boy with tons of natural test was a little gyno…

It’s not to hard gain these days because of my eating but I believe the gains come a little slower… who knows.

This is really great question.
I would from start, go up for intensity via AB split, push-pull coupled with DC styled rest-pause, and forced reps on 3-5 sets, utilizing post tetanic facilitiation, , training 3-4 times a week switching A from B training…
And I wouldnt mind at all about targeting specific portions of muscle, just training for sheer increase in strength on targeted lifts using training log.
It is some mixture of Staley’s approach, DC training, HIT (?!) and CW’s work.
After 10 years of training for the last year I have found that this is it and wont change no matter.