If You Could Recommend One Book?

hey guys, interested in your opinions and/or experiences here. If you could recommend only one book, either related to nutrition, bodybuilding, strength training or conditioning, what would it be??

The Vegetarian Myth.

Dinosaur Training

I wish I have had read this book years ago instead of stupid bodybuilding magazines wich fucked with my head when you are as stuborn as hell drug free prepare for a world of shit if you try copy those routines. get the book you will not be sorry.

www.brookskubik.com/

Ian King’s Book of Muscle is good.

Arnold: The Education of a Bodybuilder.

Really gives you a great insight about the mindset of one of the greatest.

Scrawny to Brawny offers pretty much everything one needs to know about Nutrition, definitely one of my favourites. I don’t like the training section as much, though

[quote]dre1986 wrote:
hey guys, interested in your opinions and/or experiences here. If you could recommend only one book, either related to nutrition, bodybuilding, strength training or conditioning, what would it be??[/quote]
Books/articles about training can be found all over the place, so I’d suggest something on a more broad, but still-related, topic.

Muscle, Smoke and Mirrors by Randy Roach.

Talks about the origins of bodybuilding as a sport and the beginning of the fitness industry, including a who’s who of key figures from the 1800s to the 1960s, and discusses basic training methods through the same time periods.

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:
Scrawny to Brawny offers pretty much everything one needs to know about Nutrition, definitely one of my favourites. I don’t like the training section as much, though[/quote]

what if he is a fatty? it wouldnt be a good recommendation, since i’m not scrawny anymore i just donated the book.

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]jake_j_m wrote:
Scrawny to Brawny offers pretty much everything one needs to know about Nutrition, definitely one of my favourites. I don’t like the training section as much, though[/quote]

what if he is a fatty? it wouldnt be a good recommendation, since i’m not scrawny anymore i just donated the book.[/quote]

Say what? The title isn’t really relevant it since its a great nutritional section in general. Sure “fattys” are smart enough to know that above maintenance = gaining, below = losing, rest of the principles apply as far as I can see.

The Anabolic Diet for nutrition and max ot for training

Any cook book with the macro’s written down along with the recipe. Timeless

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
Any cook book with the macro’s written down along with the recipe. Timeless[/quote]

Any specific one you would like to recommend? very interested in this.

Never Let Go by Dan John
Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel

Extreme Muscle Enhancement by Dr Carlon Colker. I have tons of books that I would recommend without hesitation, but this one really does cover all the bases as far as training, nutrition, even supps, and it does so in a pretty straight forward, no nonsense manner (plus it agrees with everything I’ve been saying for years now!)

S

[quote]kaisermetal wrote:

[quote]K-Man32 wrote:
Any cook book with the macro’s written down along with the recipe. Timeless[/quote]

Any specific one you would like to recommend? very interested in this.[/quote]
Any type of dieting book will have a recipes written down with the macros, example would be the South Beach Diet. I know “bodybuilders don’t do the south beach diet” but food is food and macros are macros. Just double up.

You could get a “bodybuilding” cookbook (google the term, a few will pop up) which would have macros too, but you would have to deal with the gimmicky writing style. lol

Either way, they are a great tool and they are so varied i can’t really suggest just one.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Extreme Muscle Enhancement by Dr Carlon Colker. I have tons of books that I would recommend without hesitation, but this one really does cover all the bases as far as training, nutrition, even supps, and it does so in a pretty straight forward, no nonsense manner (plus it agrees with everything I’ve been saying for years now!)

S[/quote]

sounds like what i’m looking for. Found a copy on amazon for £20 used, i’m gonna trust you here and give it go. thanks for the recommendation.

Tom Venuto’s Burn The Fat, Feed The Muscle

why not, the 4 hour body tim ferriss, just cuz its a big and covers a whole bunch of subjects
too many to list.

[quote]Cprimero wrote:
Never Let Go by Dan John
Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel[/quote]

I have to second Never Let Go by Dan John as well. I also really like The Complete Keys to Progress by John Mccallum.

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:

S[/quote]

Yes! I’ve got this on my toilet, read through it at least 5 times over so far.