T Nation

If You Could Only Do One Exercise

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]Bauber wrote:
Deadlifts, hands down.[/quote]

well obviously, probably hard to DL with your hands up. [/quote]

Not if you are a huge mother fucker.

Hands down, I would use the shake weight. The possibilities are endless.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
Hands down, I would use the shake weight. The possibilities are endless.[/quote]

Hate to one-up you, but you can’t argue with the incredible effects seen with the Bowflex Treadclimber. From their website:

"Just WALK� and get a better workout in half the time with a TreadClimber® cardio machine:

• Burn up to 40% more calories than a stair climber
  • Get an intense cardio walking workout that’s easy on your joints
  • Burn up to three and a half times the calories of a treadmill at the same speed"

Pull ups I suppose.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
Hands down, I would use the shake weight. The possibilities are endless.[/quote]

Bahahahahahah. Annnnnd we have a winner.

Bench press.
Chestpump is important.

[quote]Angus1 wrote:
The deadlifters have moved in but still no sign of the squatters.

The one thing they have in common is a good set of glutes.
Not sure that would be my priority but the squatters will also have nice quads to go with it so there’s always that. The deadlifters get hamstrings and erector spinae to go with it.
Hmmnnn …[/quote]

Deadlifters get traps and forearms too, right? I credit deadlifting with virtually all my trap development (never do shrugs).

If we are discounting combo moves like clean and press I’d say deadlift as well.

Amit Sapir’s Olympic Deadlift with a trap bar.

[quote]dt79 wrote:

[quote]Angus1 wrote:
I do agree with the guy who conjugates with lions though. [/quote]

You are wise. Many of us here do. The rest are all sheep.

LOL that thread is hilarious

[quote]furo wrote:
I’d personally do 40kg kettlebell swings. I suspect I’m alone in this choice, I just feel that they do a great job of building posterior chain power and improving endurance and, most importantly, they never leave me feeling broken down. [/quote]

That’s actually not a bad idea as long as you can go up in weight. Works the posterior chain, helps develop power, and trains endurance as well.

can I change mine to pull ups?

I have a close second with safety squat bar squats with chains. Definitely a “make everything stronger” sort of movement.

[quote]erik_carlson wrote:
Hate to one-up you, but you can’t argue with the incredible effects seen with the Bowflex Treadclimber. From their website:

"Just WALKâ?¢ and get a better workout in half the time with a TreadClimber�® cardio machine:

• Burn up to 40% more calories than a stair climber
  • Get an intense cardio walking workout that’s easy on your joints
  • Burn up to three and a half times the calories of a treadmill at the same speed"

[/quote]

Holy cow, I might need to forgo my frequent squattin’ now… can’t argue with those bullet points.

Abs and calves!!!

actually re reading this thread, it’s becoming impossible to decide between :

• snatch
  • (ring) muscle ups
  • (trap bar) dead
  • kettlebell swing
  • high rep skwats variations (maybe more front squats tho)
  • farmer walks, waiter carries

• sleds ? prowlers ?

Bench Press mostly because I am lazy and you’re already lying down thereby allowing a solid transition to sleep.

oh wait, no, I’ve decided. Incline bench. Final answer.

Bent Press

Bear crawl probably fits the bill better than most. This is an interesting thought experiment for sure.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.