T Nation

If You Could Appoint the President

If you had the power to appoint the next president out of the entire pool of politicians in this country who would you pick and why?

I’m not even sure who I would pick so I’ll think it over and chime in at some point tonight. (Yes major cop out)

Henry Paulson.

[quote]skaz05 wrote:
Henry Paulson.[/quote]

I sense you are being facetious.

Harrison Ford.

“Get off my plane!” Need I say more?

Makkun

This is a great question and I’m not sure offhand. It would matter how the other 2 branches looked though.

Chuck Hagel

Me.

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
skaz05 wrote:
Henry Paulson.

I sense you are being facetious.[/quote]

Maybe, but think about it, Henry Paulson is in the very center of a storm of flaming shit, and he is handling the situation remarkably well. To actually have come up with a solution, as subjective as it is, to this financial armageddon so quickly, AND keep his cool is truly commendable. At least by my standards.

I start to think how Obama, or McCain would be handling this situation if they were in Paulson’s shoes. Not a pretty outlook. Could Obama have come up with ANY kind of solution to this mess in time? How about McCain? Nope.

But if Henry Paulson doens’t do it for you, how about…MICHAEL PHELPS! YEAH!

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Me. [/quote]

We have the definitive candidate. /thread

:wink:
Makkun

[quote]AssOnGrass wrote:
If you had the power to appoint the next president out of the entire pool of politicians in this country who would you pick and why?

I’m not even sure who I would pick so I’ll think it over and chime in at some point tonight. (Yes major cop out)[/quote]

Rainjack. He’s not a politician, which makes him a good choice! Seriously. Thunderbolt for VP.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Me. [/quote]

I’d vote for you but I did say current politician. Unless there is something we don’t know…

Could you imagine those press conferences? LOL!!!

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Could you imagine those press conferences? LOL!!!

Look you @#@^%%^ liberal pieca h1T. If I have to explain this first grade %#%# point to you one more %&@# time I’m gonna pound the %^&(@ h1t outta youon national #^&#* TV with my presidential podium and stick that %$&#@ microphone up you @$$!!! =][/quote]

My State of The Union addresses would be a ratings bonanza for the TV networks. Hell - even The Weather Channel would be covering them.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Tiribulus wrote:
Could you imagine those press conferences? LOL!!!

Look you @#@^%%^ liberal pieca h1T. If I have to explain this first grade %#%# point to you one more %&@# time I’m gonna pound the %^&(@ h1t outta youon national #^&#* TV with my presidential podium and stick that %$&#@ microphone up you @$$!!! =]

My State of The Union addresses would be a ratings bonanza for the TV networks. Hell - even The Weather Channel would be covering them.

[/quote]

Dman it RJ! I was going to say “Me”, now I’ll look like a copy cat…Can I be the VP? You need a hot looker on the ticket.

Have to think on this one. But neither of the people running.

Ted Nugent.

Noone is jumping out at me. So for now, Bob Dornan. Just for the sheer entertainment value of a Bob Dornan Presidency.

Charles Murray. Not politician but a great libertarian and probably someone the general public could stomach. Not quite as unbending as Rothbard or the great Austrians. Insanely bright guy.

Definately worth a read if you haven’t. I would start with What it means to be a Libertarian, and In our hands. Both very easy read.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Noone is jumping out at me. So for now, Bob Dornan. Just for the sheer entertainment value of a Bob Dornan Presidency.[/quote]

If you want entertainment, how about Ron Paul? That would be something to behold. I don’t think I would be able to watch anything but the news channels. Congress would find some way to impeach him.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Could you imagine those press conferences? LOL!!!

Look you @#@^%%^ liberal pieca h1T. If I have to explain this first grade %#%# point to you one more %&@# time I’m gonna pound the %^&(@ h1t outta youon national #^&#* TV with my presidential podium and stick that %$&#@ microphone up you @$$!!! =][/quote]

To actually have someone who speaks straight from the hip…I’d take a bullet for him.