If You Can't Walk It Out, You Can't Squat It

No anybody cannot squat a grand, I don’t think you know what the hell it feels like to feel some weight.
I say what I can do, I don’t say anybody can do it. Wake up ok.

BB

[quote]Big Bencher wrote:
if I have too
BB[/quote]

I didn’t ask if you could I asked if you did in comp. Sounds like you don’t because you have a better option.

If you have a mono, why walk it out?

Steel Nation, I know you have been around for a long time, and I respect what you have done. I am not here to boast and I am not here to mock any lifter, I was talking about the squat and I think Hoss is the Hoss.
If you can’t walk it out I don’t want to hear about it.

BB

I have done more comps than you have lived Double Duce I started lifting in 92. If you want to check out my totals I will give you a link.

As I have said, I can after a couple of weeks of training and the proper gear do over 600+, in a mono. I know what I can do. Come on I have walked out 600+ for fun. It isn’t that hard and I have offered to do a meet in my area. I am either stupid or I know what I can do. I can unrack a 400+ bench single ply on a whim.

BB

PS I weigh 165

[quote]Wild_Iron_Gym wrote:
I think it’s a difference between beginner/intermediate strength levels and advanced strength levels. For beginner/intermediate lifters the squat is the harder part. For advanced lifters, the walk out is the hardest part because it’s a few multiples of your BW. The more over your BW you’re walking out the harder it is to control it. Once you get that weight moving to walk it out, it wants to keep moving.

Same squat but two different angles.

I saw that squat live. The walkout was one of the scariest things I’ve seen at a meet. He killed the squat part of it.

Also, most rule books allow the lifter to get assistance out of the rack and back into the rack. After you get the rack command, you only have to attempt to re-rack it. If you lean forward, the spotters help you in anyway. [/quote]

Wow, from the second video you could see he was real close to having his knee buckle on the walkout. That would have been a disaster.

Have you ever walked out 700+ pounds its not fun, One of my trainers blew out his acl walking out 675 it just not fucking worth it I have felt over 800 on my back and I would NEVER try to walk that out backwards ever. It just a safety issue it has little to nothing to do with your actual strength.

I have done more comps than you have lived Double Duce I started lifting in 92. If you want to check out my totals I will give you a link.

As I have said, I can after a couple of weeks of training and the proper gear do over 600+, in a mono. I know what I can do. Come on I have walked out 600+ for fun. It isn’t that hard and I have offered to do a meet in my area. I am either stupid or I know what I can do. I can unrack a 400+ bench single ply on a whim.

BB[/quote]

Why all this deflection? I never made any comment about your lifting or experience. Iâ??m not asking about your totals. Iâ??m asking why you take a bench hand off in competition and why you think that is so different than squatting out of a mono?

And Iâ??ve unracked well over 400 Raw, and walked out 600 from a squat rack, but that isnâ??t the point.

Yeah your right, I’m sorry. I have seen tons of posts that you have made. You are one of the most helpful lifters on this site that I have seen. I misunderstood.

I’m not about a pissing contest bro. I should answer appropriatly. I can take a weight far heavier than I can if I walk it out. I lift IPF but I recognize rhe weight that the lifters handle to lift in a Mono. My bench is single ply and I can take it out of a rack. You have to hold it and press it. I would welcome multiply even at my advanced age. I still say if you can walk it out you can squat it.

BB

Give me 2 weeks with a suit and I can do 600+ without a walkout and I will put up money in the niagara falls Buffalo area. I weigh 165 and I am 52yrs old. Give me a meet.

BB[/quote]

How much do you squat now?

I still say if you can walk it out you can squat it.

BB[/quote]

I apologise if I’m being dumb, but I thought the argument you were making was that if you can’t walk it out, you can’t squat it. The implication being that you do not deem squats performed out of a monolift to be legit squats?

Not trying to be an arsehole, or to put words into your mouth - I just don’t really get your point.

I can walk out 800lbs, but there is no way in hell I could squat it.

What is the lift? The lift is the actual squat. Not the unracking or racking of the squat.

I like seeing big things lifted. If it’s a dunked squat out of a mono, then that’s cool with me. If it’s dunked out after walking it out, that’s awesome. But DON’T discredit tons of great lifts that have been done out of a mono-lift.

And if you’ve lifted as long as you say you have then you should weigh more than 165.

Monopoly

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

What is the lift? The lift is the actual squat. Not the unracking or racking of the squat.

I like seeing big things lifted. If it’s a dunked squat out of a mono, then that’s cool with me. If it’s dunked out after walking it out, that’s awesome. But DON’T discredit tons of great lifts that have been done out of a mono-lift.

And if you’ve lifted as long as you say you have then you should weigh more than 165.

Monopoly[/quote]

Depends on height.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

Monopoly[/quote]

Depends on height.[/quote]

It also depends on goals. Being the best powerlifter you can be may mean dropping weight to some.

another scary walkout.

You’re not squatting unless you’re wearing roller blades.

End of fucking story.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

[quote]Monopoly19 wrote:

Monopoly[/quote]

Depends on height.[/quote]

At 5’2" I think 165 is plenty heavy.

BB have you finished whacking the hornets nest with a stick?

As I mentioned earlier, I think this statement really applies to geared lifters that are required to walk their squat out of a rack. The way you’ve said it before was more like “If you can walk it out, you can squat it”. That statement has pushed me to make it true…for me at any rate.

Give me 2 weeks with a suit and I can do 600+ without a walkout and I will put up money in the niagara falls Buffalo area. I weigh 165 and I am 52yrs old. Give me a meet.

BB[/quote]

you say 52. your profile says 47.

you have no pictures.

you have no videos.

Lets see some proof of, well, anything.

Scariest walk out ever…Lee Moran’s attempt at 1000 lbs. Anybody who has seen the movie power unlimited knows what i’m talking about.

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:

BB[/quote]

you say 52. your profile says 47.

you have no pictures.

you have no videos.

Lets see some proof of, well, anything. [/quote]

hahahahahahaha
sorry Dixie, he is real.