If This Isn't Inspiration

Great Story. Inspiring stuff.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
This story is too good to only have a few people read it.

Bump.[/quote]

Thank you for this, I had missed this thread before.

Thanks for the bump. Incredible.

Now that is a man. Inspiring.

Wow…that is so humbling

That is a great story, very inspirational.

The video link up top isn’t working - here’s another one.

All I can say is wow. No excuses left.

Good thread magblue.

Just discovered this story. Great stuff. ALMOST shed a tear, actually hay fever is pretty bad today…

Amazing

[quote]magblue wrote:

[From Sports Illustrated, By Rick Reily]

“It must be a buzzkill to be a 25-year-old stud getting passed by an old guy towing a grown man in a dinghy, don’t you think?”

[/quote]

I was one of the people that Dick Hoyt has passed while pulling his son in a half ironman. I was still in the water swimming when I heard them announced through the loud speaker that they had finished the swim and I could not have been happier about it! :smiley:

I was lucky enough to be able to shake both of their hands before the race. It is hard to describe the inspiration that this duet lights in one that has seen them in action.

I still tear up when I hear about them, like in this posting and in the video clip, they are an amazing pair.

I came across this posting while I was searching the key word marathon and wanted to ‘bump’ it with my thoughts with the hopes that others will read, learn and grow from these father and son pair.

Wow. That’s amazing. One of the best things I’ve read and seen in a while I’d say. I can’t believe that the dad if not in such great shape wouldve died 15 years ago as the doctor said also.

An incredible story. It gives a whole new meaning to the t-shirt, " World’s Greatest Dad".

deserves to be bumped again.

Yeah, but he doesn’t lift…ghey.

I suck

True T-Men

i cant find a video anywhere, does anyone have a link to a working video of this?

Happy Father’s Day Dad’s!

New link:

[quote]DOA215 wrote:
Happy Father’s Day Dad’s!

New link:

[/quote]

Awesome! Thanks for bringing this back from the archives. Happy Father’s Day everyone!!!

[quote]holifila wrote:
I don’t mind admitting that I teared up a bit. [/quote]

+1. On the last line.