IF or UD 2.0

Hi all! this is my first message, first sorry for my English but it is not my native language.
My question is, what would be the best option to try to cut 7-8%, intermittent fasting LeanGains (Martin Berkhan) carbohydrate and calorie cycling days of training and not training. Or the UD 2.0 of Lyle Mcdonald?
Thank you!

Speaking from personal experience, I would say UD2.0 would be the better choice, assuming you are already pretty low body fat (at least below 15%).

IF is more of a long term, “fill-in-the-blanks” type of diet, meaning, you have to figure out your own macros. Yes Martin Berkhan does make suggestions on macros, but UD2.0 is very specific in the amount and type of macro nutrients needed which is very helpful in efficient results.

I will say that the depletion workouts of UD do suck.

mb_lm, what is your current body fat?, guesstimate if you have to. I’m asking because one of the biggest mistakes people make with fat loss is to go ‘all out’ from the start. The only problem this has is that once fat loss stalls, what will you do next.

I haven’t tried any of the above personally but from what I have seen IF is a good tool if your around the 10% mark and need to loose those extra 5-10lb to get below 7-8%.

If your above 15% then either of the following will re-ignite fat loss and is not much of a change:

• Increase resistance training to 5 x week if not all ready. If your are then possibly superset a few exercises.
  • Add cardio HIIT or LISS ( whatever is your preference), increase it by 20% if not doing so already.
  • Check and double check your diet is correct. There are a 101 articles on this site about diet.

If you are already doing all of the above, then look at possibly introducing a new training plan as listed above.

Best of luck.

[quote]TrapsLatsnHat wrote:
mb_lm, what is your current body fat?, guesstimate if you have to. I’m asking because one of the biggest mistakes people make with fat loss is to go ‘all out’ from the start. The only problem this has is that once fat loss stalls, what will you do next.

I haven’t tried any of the above personally but from what I have seen IF is a good tool if your around the 10% mark and need to loose those extra 5-10lb to get below 7-8%.

If your above 15% then either of the following will re-ignite fat loss and is not much of a change:

• Increase resistance training to 5 x week if not all ready. If your are then possibly superset a few exercises.
  • Add cardio HIIT or LISS ( whatever is your preference), increase it by 20% if not doing so already.
  • Check and double check your diet is correct. There are a 101 articles on this site about diet.

If you are already doing all of the above, then look at possibly introducing a new training plan as listed above.

Best of luck.

[/quote]

I must be approximately 14/15% body fat. And as I have a good base of muscle mass I think it’s time to cut.
My biggest problem is gynecomastia, because although not very severe, is annoying because I have a little inflamed Nipple and fat distributed around the chest.
I read somewhere that the nipple is something that is cured by surgery alone, but at least the fat distributed around the chest can be removed? That is, his inflamed Nipple can have without chest fat? I hope you understand :slight_smile:
Thank you.