T Nation

If Only One Supplement, Which One?

Hello,

I would only like to buy one supplement to help me with my goal of getting stronger. I already have a protien powder, but I just ran out of creatine. Should I go ahead and buy more creatine, or is there something else I should get if I can only get one thing?

Thanks,
CP

Go get some BCAAs and creatine

I’d probably go with Surge Workout Fuel based on the powerful effects it’s had on my workouts.

more protein!

Why one? Is it your budget?

I guess I’ll try to cover all of your bases.

If you’re on a budget: ZMA.
If you’re not on a budget: Surge Recovery.
If you liked the Creatine: Creatine.

If you’re adding an additional item to the Creatine, I’d recommend either of those.

I’ve seen/experienced exceptional results with these products alone.

Yes because of budget.

Surge recovery. If you already have whey though then Surge may not be the best option.

I’m a big fan of Leucine, Creatine, and BCAAs, and Flameout, although three of those you can take care of with proper diet.

How’s your base diet? You may not need anything. A guy in the gym asked me this recently and said he only eats like 50 grams of protein a day. I told him to spend that cash on food. Assuming you’re eating right. I’d say a shake after training can be your “one supp”

Surge Workout Fuel.

It’s the last supplement I’d give up at this point.

If you haven’t tried it, you should.

I’ve always been a fan of Surge Recovery, and continue to be, but this stuff makes a bigger difference.

Vitamin D3 and Fish Oil all the way.

Can be had for really cheap.

Flameout

Flameout as well

Creatine, Leucine and ZMA are so cheap.

For me personally I cannot be without Flameout.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I guess I have to ask the same kinda ?? but I’m not saying I only can have one.

I want to know what would be the best set up for a new lifter that wants to grow and get stronger.I have read alot of info out there about supplements the more I read the more confused I get. Can anyone help me?

WHAT GROUP OF SUPPLEMENTS will work!

Berardi recommends as a minimum: (from his grappler nutrition book)

1. A protein blend such as Metabolic Drive
  2. A recovery drink such as Surge recover
  3. Creatine
  4. Greens type drink, go with Superfood
  5. fish oil, go with Flameout

I believe these are a must for any athelete altough 1 3 4 can be ommitted if you are getting enough from your diet which is very difficult to do for most. Noobs please remember they are supplements and not replace a good diet.

OP asked for 1 based on budget. OP what is your budget?

Vitamin D is one of the cheapest there is, checkout the vitamin D thread http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/vitamin_d_1

Just to repeat Creatine, Leucine and ZMA are ridiculously cheap.

Thanks for your info I need all the info I can get. I mess up big had an egg sandwich 2 cups of coffee and thats it forgot to eat all day then like a bone head went into the gym started doing my leg work and felt week no no no energy and was like what the flip is going on I could not finish the workout then I was taking a shower afterward and thought to my self dude you did not eat all day grrr…