If Money Was No Object: Your Training Dreamline

Tim Ferriss has a useful concept called a dreamline, where you describe how you would live if you were a billionaire and didn’t have to work ever again in your life. The idea is to then try to reverse-engineer this vision using 80/20 principles. I can recommend The 4 Hour Workweek if you want to know more: The 4-Hour Workweek - Wikipedia

Anyway, what is your training dreamline?

Some points:

• No need for work/school so you can spend all day training, eating, recovering
  • You can hire lots of people, ie doctors, physios, coaches, chefs, etc
  • All the food/supplements/roids you want
  • Whatever equipment you want, not just for training but also stuff like Bod Pod and neurofeedback machines

I hope to get some news ideas for my own dreamline from this thread :slight_smile:

Cardio bunnies in spandex.

All I’d buy is a large space and fill it with HS machines and an awesome sound system.

I read the 4hr workweek too.

The book has a bunch of great ideas; but there are all sorts of prerequisites that they don’t tell you you need to really “follow” the book. It’s sold mainly for 20-somethings but they don’t think that all of us have tons of free time and a bunch of money just sitting around for a startup business.

Same goes for Tim Ferriss’ buddy who wrote “I will teach you to be rich” Great advice (bought that book too) but I’m only able to do a small portion of his template b/c I still have tons of debt.

Ideally I would train 3-4 times a week, get massages, chiro and ART once a week as well. Have tons of food precooked for me and free supplements galore. In my “free time” I would like to travel or train people.

But I sit at a desk 40hrs a week, train 3 times a week and have to cook/pay for all my own shit.

yay life!

i would just have a bomb ass cook

and ball outrageous doing rediculous things with money just cause i could.

i would eat bald eagle eggs

i would spinners on a lamborghini

i would wake up in the middle of the night and fly on my private jet to various countries

and fight robots.

Won’t get any ideas from me. I’ll just spend the money at T-Nation author Nick Tuminello’s gym and let he and his trainers do my thinking for me. Add a stead supply of the Biotest proteins, Superfood and Flameout and I’ll be all set.

I just spent a while reading Tim Ferris’s Blog, specifically the STOIC 101 blog. That is some really really good shit. I saved that to my favorites and will be reading it very thouroughly several times a year.

To the other point. I would buy a house out in the country, Have a big ass heated garage (woodstove) and have a really sweet home gym, freewights, dumbells, and probably a couple machines. Strongman gear, rocks, logs etc… a boxing/MMA section with mats and bags and shit. A cardio station with tradmills, stairclimbers, rowing machines. A b-ball court definately. And a launch monitor for golf.

I would then hire a few good farmers to grow organic food in my hydropinic greehouses, and have free range ckickens, cattle, buffalo, muscavoy ducks, sheep, and any other cool farm animals I could think of. All pasture grazed.

After this I would amass an arsenal of weapons suitable for a small private military, I would also have people on call who I would have contracts with who would come join my army for a pre set amount.

Once all this was in place, I would focus soley on becoming the best golfer to ever walk the planet. With training and nutrition being done at an elite level, I could practice my golf intensley for hours per day.

V

Vegita: haha, I like how you think :stuck_out_tongue: You should check out some of Tim Ferriss’ training articles, he seems very knowledgeable.

T-Nation should definitely do an article on this line of thinking. You could get pretty ridiculous if you wanted to, like megadosing pharmaceutical grade krill oil and stuff like that. The transhumanist author Raymond Kurzweil takes 250 different supplements a day, for instance. If you got the money, why not eh?

[quote]Vegita wrote:
I just spent a while reading Tim Ferris’s Blog, specifically the STOIC 101 blog. That is some really really good shit. I saved that to my favorites and will be reading it very thouroughly several times a year.

To the other point. I would buy a house out in the country, Have a big ass heated garage (woodstove) and have a really sweet home gym, freewights, dumbells, and probably a couple machines. Strongman gear, rocks, logs etc… a boxing/MMA section with mats and bags and shit. A cardio station with tradmills, stairclimbers, rowing machines. A b-ball court definately. And a launch monitor for golf.

I would then hire a few good farmers to grow organic food in my hydropinic greehouses, and have free range ckickens, cattle, buffalo, muscavoy ducks, sheep, and any other cool farm animals I could think of. All pasture grazed.

After this I would amass an arsenal of weapons suitable for a small private military, I would also have people on call who I would have contracts with who would come join my army for a pre set amount.

Once all this was in place, I would focus soley on becoming the best golfer to ever walk the planet. With training and nutrition being done at an elite level, I could practice my golf intensley for hours per day.

V[/quote]

you and I think exactly alike. A farm and weapons is what I would want.

i would nuke Vegita’s plantation.

and kick his ass in golf with Magic Johnson as my partner.

If I were a billionaire, then I would live in a château, surrounded by many square miles of woodland and grassland.

In the forest would be herds of deer and elk and wild boar, and flocks of partridge and pheasant. In the grassland would be herds of bison and wild cattle. In the lakes and streams would be steelhead trout, pike and bass. I would enthusiastically hunt and fish these lands, keeping the larder amply supplied with fresh meat, fish and poultry.

Closer to the château would be acres of organic gardens and orchards, carefully tended by my expert staff, who woul keep the pantry filled with bushels of fresh fruit, vegetables and nuts, and the cellar stocked with fine wine.

In the large conservatories adjoining the château would be a tropical orchard producing papayas, mangoes, coconuts, avocados, cupuaçu and açai berries.

In a slightly less-foliated area of the conservatories, with sunlight streaming in through the ferns and palms, would be my gymnasium. It would naturally be well-stocked with olympic bars, racks, kettlebells and dumbbells. There would also be an MMA ring, heavy bag, speed bag, medicine balls and various sparring weapons; mats, rings and bars for gymnastic exercises, and a cinder track for sprinting. There would be a lap pool, a sauna and hot and cold jacuzzis.

Nearby would be great coolers filled with Rez-V, Alpha Male, Receptormax, Power Drive, Spike, Surge Workout Fuel, Surge Recovery, BCAAs, Creatine, Superfood, Finibars, and Flameout.

Of course, I would have a 50-meter underground pistol range, a 600-meter rifle range a short drive from the château, and an outdoor obstacle course modeled after the one at the Ranger School at Fort Benning.

Separated from the château by a stroll through the woods and a large Japanese garden, near the helipad, would be a number of guest houses, which would house Charles Poliquin, Christian Thibaudeau, Pavel Tsatsouline, and Clint Smith, among others.

After our grueling training sessions, I would invite my neighbor Pushharder (who would also be a billionaire) to fly over with a few young ladies from his harem. We would all feast on roasted bison, elk, and pheasant, enormous salads and steamed fresh vegetables, tropical fruits and generous glasses of the château’s own Pinot and Syrah.

We would sit on the vast terrace, discussing training, music, philosophy, politics, sex, and world domination, until the stars blanketed the heavens.

We would then retire for the evening, each perhaps in the company of a beautiful young lady, our enthusiasm enhanced by Alpha Male, and slumber thereafter assisted by Z-12 and ZMA.

Then would come the dawn, time to do it all over again.

It would be a hard life, but I would manage somehow.

Fuck you, Vegita. Haha!

I didn’t even see your post when I wrote mine. That’s funny as hell. Us V-dudes think alike.

I didn’t mention my private army only because I figured that anyone who knows me would know that it would go without saying.

If I where rich, all I’d buy is a big ass garage, fill it with machines and live alone there. I’d still put my cheap ass custom made power rack in there, throw a mattress in there, a fridge full of eggs, lean beef and chicken breasts. A cupboard full of juice (that kind of juice…), and no fancy shit. I’d fund and engineering organization with the aim of doing R&D on technologies that can help third world countries generate electricity, water at a much cheaper and more conventional ways than current standards. I’d continue to study nevertheless because well…it’s part of my life.

If I where rich I wouldn’t tell woman I’m rich, because of money sucking bitches. I’d try find a fine young lady with some decent morals and education, date her, get to know her, you know the drift and when it’s time I’d tell her I’m a rich bastard.

If I where rich probably I’d be still a sad bastard tough, because money DOES buy everything. This effortless approach at accomplishing things would probably make me feel like I can accomplish whatever I want-virtually-with little effort. That lack of challenge would drive me nuts. On that note if I where rich, I probably would be happy in the short term, and sad in the long term. So probably I’d just buy the gym, fund my studies and the organization I mentioned above, and give the rest to someone that I believe will make more good then me.

Varqanir, you certainly know the art of visualization!

I actually want a private army too. It’s weird that we all think so alike :smiley:

I totally see where you are coming from, but I think that it can be avoided if you frame it correctly.

For instance:

• Even if you have 100% optimal conditions, it is still hard work to get into perfect physical condition (plus you can set the goal higher if your conditions are excellent). Having perfect resources just means you might be able to achieve the goal in 5 years instead of 15.
  • Even if you can hire all the world’s pick-up gurus and have the best tailors make your clothes, you still need to go out sarging to become genuinely attractive to women.
  • Creative pursuits: music, painting or writing doesn’t depend on cash.

Yeah, doing something challenging is definitely a need. We should study happy billionaires (as opposed to the wretched ones) and see what they do. Take Bill Gates’ charity work, for instance.

[quote]AHA wrote:
Varqanir, you certainly know the art of visualization![/quote]

Well, you know what they say. If you can conceive it and believe it, you can achieve it.

[quote]Varqanir wrote:
AHA wrote:
Varqanir, you certainly know the art of visualization!

Well, you know what they say. If you can conceive it and believe it, you can achieve it. [/quote]

Yeah, a basic staple of personal development, yet so powerful :slight_smile:

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
i would just have a bomb ass cook

and ball outrageous doing rediculous things with money just cause i could.

i would eat bald eagle eggs

i would spinners on a lamborghini

i would wake up in the middle of the night and fly on my private jet to various countries

and fight robots.[/quote]

Fighting robots is probably great for GPP.

Purposely eat a species to extinction. That’s protein intake PLUS a wild abuse of power, what’s not to like?

Here’s lookin’ at you Barbary Lion.