T Nation

If McCain Was Friends with the Unibomber

Ok this is a question no opinions are needed. If John Mccain was freinds with either Timothy Mcvay, or The Unibomber would you vote for him? Just put yes or no.

Yes

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Industrial_Society_and_Its_Future

Wouldn’t really effect my position.

What if McCain had personally bombed civilians?

Would you vote for him then?

Which civilians? Where? Was he under orders? Were we at war? How old was he? Does he plan to continue? Does he have an explanation?

I could go on like this forever…

Forget it all I needed was simple yes or no answers, 74 people have looked at this and only 4 commented. Of the 4 comments only 1 put yes or no.

What’s this “no opinions are needed/just put yes or no” kindergarten crap?

no.

No. Absolutely not.

[quote]jawara wrote:
Forget it all I needed was simple yes or no answers, 74 people have looked at this and only 4 commented. Of the 4 comments only 1 put yes or no.[/quote]

…But what if I don’t care? Change the question: Would I STILL vote for him?

Yes. I would. If I thought his policies were what I think is best for the country.

[quote]lixy wrote:
What’s this “no opinions are needed/just put yes or no” kindergarten crap?[/quote]

Ok here’s my point (even though i was going to make a different thread about it).
If Mccain was freinds with the Unibomber or Timothy Mcvey there’s no way he’d be able to run for office. So if Obama was/is freinds with William Ayers why are we supposed to turn a blind eye to it?

[quote]jawara wrote:
Ok here’s my point (even though i was going to make a different thread about it).
If Mccain was freinds with the Unibomber or Timothy Mcvey there’s no way he’d be able to run for office. So if Obama was/is freinds with William Ayers why are we supposed to turn a blind eye to it?[/quote]

If you want to make that comparison you should probably find someone more equivalent to Ayers that McVeigh or the Unabomber.

I mean, McVeigh killed 150+ people. Did Ayers kill anybody?

[quote]malonetd wrote:
jawara wrote:
Ok here’s my point (even though i was going to make a different thread about it).
If Mccain was freinds with the Unibomber or Timothy Mcvey there’s no way he’d be able to run for office. So if Obama was/is freinds with William Ayers why are we supposed to turn a blind eye to it?

If you want to make that comparison you should probably find someone more equivalent to Ayers that McVeigh or the Unabomber.

I mean, McVeigh killed 150+ people. Did Ayers kill anybody?[/quote]

David Duke?

Or David Duke if he had bombed government facilities, and was bragging about it 40 years later?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
Or David Duke if he had bombed government facilities, and was bragging about it 40 years later?

[/quote]

Yes, much more accurate comparison.

From Ayers book:

He’s just like a lot of you guys! He claims that what he did was less wrong because someone else was doing something worse!

yes. Both were framed

[quote]jawara wrote:
Ok this is a question no opinions are needed. If John Mccain was freinds with either Timothy Mcvay, or The Unibomber would you vote for him? Just put yes or no.[/quote]

If Obama’s wife used drugs and stole drugs from her employer to feed her habit, would you vote for him?

[quote]RoadWarrior wrote:
jawara wrote:
Ok this is a question no opinions are needed. If John Mccain was freinds with either Timothy Mcvay, or The Unibomber would you vote for him? Just put yes or no.

If Obama’s wife used drugs and stole drugs from her employer to feed her habit, would you vote for him?

[/quote]

If Obama’s wife used coke, she would have just gotten it from him.

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
RoadWarrior wrote:
jawara wrote:
Ok this is a question no opinions are needed. If John Mccain was freinds with either Timothy Mcvay, or The Unibomber would you vote for him? Just put yes or no.

If Obama’s wife used drugs and stole drugs from her employer to feed her habit, would you vote for him?

If Obama’s wife used coke, she would have just gotten it from him.[/quote]

Same could be said for W.