Tuesday:recovery
Bench Press 3X3
Deadlift 3X3
Squats 3X3

Fridays:intensity one rep max
Bench Press: 1X1
Deadlift 1X1
Squats: 1x1

So its basically the sets and reps, volume from Texas method, with my favorite exercises, and really the only exercises i care to improve, besides pull ups and powercleans.

Would doing this allow me to excel in my strength gains, or have i just created a lousy piece of shit work out plan?

im doing this after finishing starting strength btw

I really thought that 1RMs are a much better test of strength than something that will help you gain strength.

Maybe you should stick to one of the many workout templates that are out there written by certified strength coaches.

Beginners need more rep work according to a lot of coaches (Matt Rhodes, Joe Defranco), that’s been my experience as well in working on strength.

The first two days look fine (assuming you’re doing the texas method style stuff), but I would go for a max triple or five on friday. I also don’t think it’s a smart idea to max on the big three on one day.

I stumbled upon the starting strength wiki and am going from there, forgot to delete this piece of shit

Fridays are not always 1RM days. They build up every week … 2rm, 3rm. I would even go up to a 5rm then back down to a 1rm.

[quote]CountChocula wrote:
I stumbled upon the starting strength wiki and am going from there, forgot to delete this piece of shit [/quote]

Good idea. :-/