If a Lib Says It, Not a Word

“If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot,” Coulter said Monday, picking up on remarks made by HBO’s Bill Maher. Maher suggested in March that “people wouldn’t be dying needlessly” if Vice President Dick Cheney had been killed in an insurgent attack in Afghanistan."

I don’t remember anyone attacking Maher for saying such vile crap. But Coulter gets grilled on the Today show. Damnned hypocrits!

no hypocracy here bud:

libs really don’t pay attention to what other libs are saying. they are more fascinated and attentive to what righties are saying like flies to shit.

f

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
“If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot,” Coulter said Monday, picking up on remarks made by HBO’s Bill Maher. Maher suggested in March that “people wouldn’t be dying needlessly” if Vice President Dick Cheney had been killed in an insurgent attack in Afghanistan."

I don’t remember anyone attacking Maher for saying such vile crap. But Coulter gets grilled on the Today show. Damnned hypocrits!

[/quote]

Either way it’s disgusting rhetoric. So why is she “your girl” again?

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Ahhhh…maybe because, and this is after trying to find the Maher quote where he explicitly wishes death upon Dick Cheney, he never expressed it as HIS thoughts?

He does say that he has no doubt that if Dick Cheney were not in power that people would not be dying needlessly.

So I’d have to go with Coulter wishing Edwards would die as vile crap, and Bill’s as simply distasteful.

[quote]Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Ahhhh…maybe because, and this is after trying to find the Maher quote where he explicitly wishes death upon Dick Cheney, he never expressed it as HIS thoughts?

He does say that he has no doubt that if Dick Cheney were not in power that people would not be dying needlessly.

So I’d have to go with Coulter wishing Edwards would die as vile crap, and Bill’s as simply distasteful.

[/quote]

That’s not exactly a fair representation of Coulter’s statement:

Here’s here statement - and the context is that she is discussing the reaction she got for making the John Edwards “faggot” joke:

[i]Oh yeah, I wouldn’t insult gays by comparing them to John Edwards. That would be mean, but about the same time?you know?Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished [Vice President] Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack.

So I’ve learned my lesson. If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he has been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.[/i]

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

A) I watch Mahr’s show all the time. It’s on cable, and doesn’t get the kind of exposure a NATIONAL NEWS CHANNEL gets.

B) I don’t believe I’ve ever heard Mahr wish death or a terrorist attack upon someone. And if he has, it was in jest.

C) Coulter is not a comedian. Comedians get pretty much a blank slate to say whatever the hell they want, as long as it’s funny. I’ve seen plenty of conservative comedians bashing Clinton left and right, and mocking kerry and Edwards plenty. I’ve laughed and enjoyed all of them. Grumbled a bit afterwards, but still laughed.

It’s a totally different situation.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Here’s here statement - and the context is that she is discussing the reaction she got for making the John Edwards “faggot” joke:

[i]Oh yeah, I wouldn’t insult gays by comparing them to John Edwards. That would be mean, but about the same time?you know?Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished [Vice President] Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack.

So I’ve learned my lesson. If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he has been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.[/i][/quote]

If she was a comedian, I’d probably laugh at that.

But she’s not.

No one actually hears Bill say “I hope he gets killed in a terrorist attack” and takes it as his serious words except asshats like Coulter. (I’d like proof he said this please, as well.)

Coulter wants to be taken seriously all of the time, not half the time by Mahr. Therefore, everything she says is suspect to criticism.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

If she was a comedian, I’d probably laugh at that.

But she’s not.

No one actually hears Bill say “I hope he gets killed in a terrorist attack” and takes it as his serious words except asshats like Coulter. (I’d like proof he said this please, as well.)

Coulter wants to be taken seriously all of the time, not half the time by Mahr. Therefore, everything she says is suspect to criticism.
[/quote]

I didn’t say she shouldn’t be subject to criticism. My point was the specific criticism was wrong because it took her statement out of context in order to apply an incorrect meaning.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

Either way it’s disgusting rhetoric. So why is she “your girl” again?[/quote]

Because she is not polite to people who deserve no politeness? She despises people who have spent us into trillions of dollars of debt? A whole host of reasons…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

[/quote]

Being a fair minded individual, I’d have to hear the contexts of both. Something tells me there was facetiousness in Ms. Coulter’s remarks. I would suspect her to be intelligent enough not to say and mean something like that unqualified. I have heard Mr. Maher say some umb shit before so that wouldn’t suprise me if he said that and meant it, but again I’d have to hear the context. Nevertheless, the point is taken. Nary a wisper from the mainstream media.

Clearly, disgusting and tastless are completely relative to the political orienatation and race of the source. Look at what Gary Sheffield said in GQ. If Curt Shilling or Roger Clemans had said very same words we’ed be hearing about the racist fall out for weeks. We’ed be hearing Al Sharpton on TV calling for their heads. Hell, See John Rocker. What Sheffeild said was racist as hell, but he gets a pass. This is why I don’t watch the news. At least when I read, I can skip over the stupidity.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:

[/quote]

Ludicrous. Let some conservative pundit wish death on Hillary or Magic Obama and watch the fur fly.

[quote]BostonBarrister wrote:
Ren wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

So I’ve learned my lesson. If I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he has been killed in a terrorist assassination plot.[/i][/quote]

That is clearly an attempt at humor.

I think Elizabeth Edwards admonishing Coulter for telling a poor joke was ludicrous. If she and her husband cannot deal with a joke from Ann Coulter they have no business running for president.

[quote]Beowolf wrote:
…If she was a comedian, I’d probably laugh at that.

But she’s not.
…[/quote]

Of course she is. It is info-tainment. She is not a serious journalist nor a policy maker.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
She despises people who have spent us into trillions of dollars of debt? [/quote]

So then she has plenty to say about the Bush Admin and his fruitless, expensive war being fought in some far-off sandbox…?

Didn’t think so.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Beowolf wrote:

Ludicrous. Let some conservative pundit wish death on Hillary or Magic Obama and watch the fur fly.

[/quote]

Actually, I heard a joke last night involving the horrific deaths of Obama Hilary and Edwards from a conservative comedian. It was pretty fuckin’ funny too.

I wish I could remember his name. John Mal-something. If anyone knows who I’m talking about, gimme a name so I can find him on you-tube or something.

Did you ever consider that Pat Robertson prays for the deaths of libs plenty, and little is said about it?

It’s a matter of audience.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
Beowolf wrote:
…If she was a comedian, I’d probably laugh at that.

But she’s not.

Of course she is. It is info-tainment. She is not a serious journalist nor a policy maker.

[/quote]

But she’s still not a comedian. Funny it may be to read her bullshit, and she is an entertainer, but she still tries to be a serious journalist.

I think this whole issue is more a matter of audience anyways.

Mahr has a once a month show on HBO.

Coulter said something like this on a national news channel.

Bit of a different audience.

The media doesn’t really blow up at Pat Robertson every time he prayed for the assassination of John Kerry.

I’m not sure if Coulter is a crazy bitch or just another person trying to make money by being “outrageous”.

Either way, I wish she would just go away.

She should be our ambassador to the United Nations. All the dictators and thugs-in-Armani wouldn’t know how to react to someone who told them what pieces of shit they are.

Ann is an historical anachronism. She says EXACTLY what she thinks and doesn’t give a rat’s ass what any ‘Mrs. Edwards’ of the world thinks.

She sometimes looks like she has a bit of an Adam’s Apple. Maybe she has more T than some?

Go get 'em Annie!! Rip off their balls!!!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
She should be our ambassador to the United Nations. All the dictators and thugs-in-Armani wouldn’t know how to react to someone who told them what pieces of shit they are.

Ann is an historical anachronism. She says EXACTLY what she thinks and doesn’t give a rat’s ass what any ‘Mrs. Edwards’ of the world thinks.

She sometimes looks like she has a bit of an Adam’s Apple. Maybe she has more T than some?

Go get 'em Annie!! Rip off their balls!!![/quote]

How is this any different from Bill Mahr or Al Franken? Besides her being not funny I mean?

What about comparing apples to apples…

Bill Maher is a comedian. Is Ann Coulter a comedian? People laughed at Bill Maher’s line… did anyone laugh when Ann Coulter said what she said?

Also, a couple years ago Ann Coulter mocked the Edwards’s over their son who tragically died. Which one of you shallow idiots will condone that?

I think Ann Coulter is an EXCELLENT spokesman (sic) for the GOP, because most thoughtful people find her to be shrill and repulsive. In other words, she’s right on message.

So keep up the good PR campaign, Ann. You’re just ensuring your party’s minority status, and I couldn’t be more pleased. I hope Ann Coulter is in the news every week.