T Nation

Identify a Song Extract

There is a 4 second mp3 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=446b5b3d4680fa47ab1eab3e9fa335ca0bfda140571e2038

Can anyone identify what classical piece (I think) is being played in that extract?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don't know about the classical piece name(shame), but that's probably Vanessa Mae, making a violin remix. If it's a classic piece then she wouldn't change the name of the piece - so find her song and you'll know the piece. Amazon let's you browse through samples, also Wiki probably has her album/song listings.

It's from a Yanni concert, so I'd guess it would be Samvel Yervinyan playing.

I posted the same question on another forum and right now I've been told it's either from one of Vivaldi's 4 Seasons (Summer, apparently) or Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor (which I think might just be right... except Bach is more often played on pipe organs than on violon. Well, at least on my pitiful classical collection he is...)

So you're interested in getting the original interpretation...

Maybe if the conductor is on crack?

I have never heard of Vanessa Mae, though.

I think it's Vanessa Mae's rendition of Storm, by Vivaldi.

Check it. I think this is the one: Toccata And Fugue In D Minor BWV565. Pookie, they were right.

Correct.

Great. Thanks guys.

To continue the thread, I love anything Rachmaninov, but I have a difficult time finding any other classical music which I like. What do you guys (and gals, duh) enjoy in the classical spectrum?

Shostakovitch :slight_smile: but I'm a novice as far as classical goes.