T Nation

Ideas ?? Wood Table

So I have this piece of wood I’m looking to make into a Coffee Table however there are no legs

anyone have any unique creative ideas ? open to anything

thanks

Maybe make a wooden base, but DON’T actually attach the two pieces together? That way you can always use that fine piece of wood for something else.

Nice avatar.

[quote]TermInNate wrote:
Maybe make a wooden base, but DON’T actually attach the two pieces together? That way you can always use that fine piece of wood for something else.

Nice avatar.[/quote]

That’ll work, but you can make it more stable without messing up the wood. Attach 2 two by fours to the bottom of the piece of wood, parrallel, 1 1/2 feet apart with screws. Cut two grooves in the base by the corners so that the two by fours on the bottom of the table-top slip into the grooves, giving you stability.

[quote]saari wrote:
So I have this piece of wood I’m looking to make into a Coffee Table however there are no legs

thanks[/quote]

I say when you’re finished, put Amanda Bynes on the table and go to work. LOL

But seriously, I have no carpentry skills whatsoever. Best of luck to you.

[quote]saari wrote:

thanks[/quote]

Grapevine legs…

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:

Grapevine legs…
[/quote]

I would save them for a glass top - otherwise you can’t see them.

[quote]TermInNate wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:

Grapevine legs…

I would save them for a glass top - otherwise you can’t see them.[/quote]

Looks like a glass top to me, just dirty/blurry. But yea with a crystal clear glass top it’d look great

[quote]ahzaz wrote:
TermInNate wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:

Grapevine legs…

I would save them for a glass top - otherwise you can’t see them.

Looks like a glass top to me, just dirty/blurry. But yea with a crystal clear glass top it’d look great[/quote]

The OP’s table top looks like dirty glass to you, eh? Because that’s what we’re discussing.

:smiley: