Ideas for Programming Leg Day

I’m trying to figure out what assistance work or “easy to recover from” movements I can do to help increase my squat/deadlift.

I have to run regularly because of my job so I’ve structured my leg day like this:

Saturday
Squat variation 1 set of 3-5 reps
Deadlift variation 1 set of 5+ reps
Assistance work

Tuesday
GHR
Sled push

Currently things are working well but I have been doing TNG deadlifts for a while and I have noticed my off the floor strength is pretty terrible. Any ideas on movements I could do to help address this weakness?

Well what are your goals and experience level? If you are weak off the floor and do lots of TNG deadlifts, then stop doing TNG deadlifts. Do things like deficit deads, pause below the knee etc. Move your squat or dead to the other day so you can focus a little better on it. If you are going to squat heavy on Tuesday, dl light on Saturday. Work on weaknesses and form. And vice versa.

Well the reason I do the two lifts on Saturday is because I usually run Mon-Thursday. I have tried to do heavy lifts on Tuesday and it just doesn’t work with all the running.

My last squat session was 335+50lbs of chains for 4 and for deadlifts 7 inch block pulls at 465+50lbs for 7

I am going to try range of motion progression for a few weeks. I assume this will further reinforce a weakness off the floor so I was trying to figure out some movements I can do that will help this weakness out.

[quote]sitdownman wrote:
I’m trying to figure out what assistance work or “easy to recover from” movements I can do to help increase my squat/deadlift.

[/quote]

works for her…

wish i was a big blue rubber ball