Ideas for Lunch Time

I am looking for some lunch ideas. I am on the road just about all day. I have very little time to actually sit down and eat. Whatever I decide to eat will be while I’m driving usually. Does anyone have some suggestions of good foods. I get sick of the same thing and end up eating something terrible from fast food usually.

Got a microwave?

I nuke some green veges and open a can of tuna almost everyday!

Or its green veges and chicken/steak.

Either way its veges+protein

No microwave? Cold Veges.

you nuke a can of tuna? doesn’t your microwave explode?

[quote]schultzie wrote:
you nuke a can of tuna? doesn’t your microwave explode?[/quote]

Come on, mate, I only heat the veges not the tuna. You total wanker.

I only have 25 minutes to sit and eat lunch every day. Frozen vegetables, meat of my choice, and microwave with hot sauce on it afterwards. Works every time.

[quote]Spry wrote:
schultzie wrote:
you nuke a can of tuna? doesn’t your microwave explode?

Come on, mate, I only heat the veges not the tuna. You total wanker.[/quote]

AAHAHAH, ease up.

HAHAHAH hilarious. I honestly thought that you nuked the tuna out of the can myself :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you have a cooler to take along with you? Pack a salad, eggs, cheese. Costco sells bulk pistachios, individual size cashews, peanuts, and almonds.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Do you have a cooler to take along with you? Pack a salad, eggs, cheese. Costco sells bulk pistachios, individual size cashews, peanuts, and almonds.[/quote]

Don’t forget the beef jerky. You can also make your own protein bars. Broccoli can be eaten raw and doesn’t need to be kept cold. Get yourself a container that you can put some protein powder into and you can then mix up your own shake. Those packets of tuna are good since you don’t need to have a can opener (but they do cost more).

beef jerky is like $6.50 for an 80g bag here, thats like one serving

[quote]schultzie wrote:
beef jerky is like $6.50 for an 80g bag here, thats like one serving[/quote]

Beef jerky is a rip off everywhere. I’ve never done the math, but I bet I can get tenderloin fillets cheaper per/pound than Jack freakin’ Links.

You could always make an extra portion with dinner the night before and stick that in a tupperware container for lunch the next day.