T Nation

Ideas for Log Handles?

Hey,

I’ve made myself a log and was going to drill though and use chains as handles. I’ve had a think about it and reckon it’s now a shitty idea.

Has anyone done this before and knows what the best way to go about getting handles on? Pic of the log below

Buy one! it will save a lot of time and effort and it will be loadable

Find someone with a old, bent up bar and cut it up. Use the knurled parts for handles and bolt the ends on the end of your log to make it loadable.

or get some 20mm threaded rod (M20) drill a hole a couple mil smaller through the log, put two nuts on one end and tighten them together then you can use a socket/spanner to put the rod through the hole, itll self thread no problem, then wrap the hell outta the exposed rod where youll grip it to make the handles the size you want

im about to do this myself, only i cant get a real log so im making one outta 4 x 4 timber

im doing the same thing on the ends to make it loadable, M20 is rated to a bucketload (havent got the spreadsheet with me) as its meant for bolting RSJs together

[quote]sprogg wrote:
or get some 20mm threaded rod (M20) drill a hole a couple mil smaller through the log, put two nuts on one end and tighten them together then you can use a socket/spanner to put the rod through the hole, itll self thread no problem, then wrap the hell outta the exposed rod where youll grip it to make the handles the size you want

im about to do this myself, only i cant get a real log so im making one outta 4 x 4 timber

im doing the same thing on the ends to make it loadable, M20 is rated to a bucketload (havent got the spreadsheet with me) as its meant for bolting RSJs together[/quote]

This. There are some bad ass ones on YouTube. I’m actually making one myself this weekends (or starting it at least).