T Nation

Ideas For Grow! Whey Shakes

For the first time tonight i tried mixing my Grow! whey with other stuff… it didn’t work very well, I used some godiva or something chocolate baking powder, then took a sip… ew I added some sugar and it was palatable, barely.

I know we have stuff scattered for recipies for grow flavor mixes, but maybe we can try to put together one resource in this thread for how you flavor your grow whey.

every morning i use:

2 cups water
2 scoops Metabolic Drive whey
2 cups trader joe’s frozen berry medley
2 cups frozen brocolli
1 tbsp trader joes green supp powder

i know it sounds kind of odd, but its super nutritious and you get 4 servings of fruits and veggies. plus the berries largely cancel out the taste of the broccoli

I just mix one scoop whey and one scoop Metabolic Drive and it tastes ok.

whey, milk, banana…mmmm.

My basic morning shake is:
2 cups water
1 tablespoon milled flax seed
1 tablespoon Berry Green
1 scoop Biotest whey
1 scoop Grow!

If I’m running late for work, I add 2 shots of expresso to the water before I make the shake.

Sometimes I add frozen berries or pineapple before I blend it up.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
2 cups water
1 tablespoon Berry Green
1 scoop Biotest whey
1 scoop Grow!
[/quote]

Do you have two scoops of premium quality whey? Or a scoop of whey and a scoop of classic Grow!?

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
Loose Tool wrote:
2 cups water
1 tablespoon Berry Green
1 scoop Biotest whey
1 scoop Grow!

Do you have two scoops of premium quality whey? Or a scoop of whey and a scoop of classic Grow!? [/quote]

I was thinking of the old Classic Grow!. I should have said:
1 Scoop Grow! Premium whey
1 Scoop Metabolic Drive

1 scoop (or h/e many scoops you want) of Vanilla/Chocolate or some kind of Carmel/Chocolate or Cappucino flavour (basically anything that would taste good with coffee to you)
8 ounces of skim milk
6 ounces of Dark Roast Black coffee
Sweetner, to taste (one or two will usually do it)
Ice cubes, optional

Well, before my latest shipment of Surge arrived, I was using Grow Whey in my PWO shake:

2 Scoops Grow! Whey
30g Malto
30g Dextrose
BCAA’s
Creatine
Tblsp Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder

It tasted sorta like brownie batter… Not bad. I guess if you wanted to go low carb, you could use splenda or something.

I actually like the taste of Grow! Whey with water. It reminds me of tapioca pudding. In the morning I put coffee over ice and when its cold mix it with 2 scoops and have my coffee and my protein…