Ideas for Even More Forum Challenges

I did this a couple months ago before screwing up my shoulder and did sets of 5-10-15 (pull-push-squat) till I finished. Walk/jogged both miles in around 10 and then took about 25 to do the sets. No vest. Was a tough workout. 44:38

1 Like

Get yourself a steak dinner on WSM Brain Shaw

2 Likes

I’m so tired of those fucking mouth pieces. Especially for a hub lift. I liked Brian originally, but now he just seems like a walking ad for random shit and Mark Bell is always sucking his dick. Just rambling on really.

I assume the mouth-piece is just habit at this point. Bell does talk about him quite a bit, but I think Mark puts out a lot of good stuff.

Brian has a bit of a rep in the strongman community. However, can’t deny his ability.

No doubt, but his channel has shifted quite a bit as of recent. He almost never has powerlifters on anymore and seems to focus more on the social media side of things since he can’t lift as hard anymore. I’ll always support his channel and I’m sure his products are great, but I would much rather see him get some of the big up and comers in the powerlifting or strongman world than Brian Shaw eating or driving.

1 Like

That’s a shame. I don’t follow it that closely. The last couple of videos I’ve watched were of Chris Duffin and that Dr. Deadlift guy (forget his name). Both good videos.

Agreed. He is a very strong motherfucker and no one can knock his genetic ability. I know he has to make money, I just hate seeing him paraded around and feeding into everyone using him and his name for views and shit. Furious Pete and Bell specifically. It’s just bullshit videos with very minimal substance.

I’ll admit I don’t watch any media channels on lifting, so I’m pretty out of the loop on that stuff.

Yeah if you go to ST’s YouTube, the video with the most views is Shaw eating like 10k calories or something. And they did a strongman vs crossfit thing awhile back which was dumb as well. Just another thing to put Brian’s name on to get views. To each his own I suppose.

I feel you. That’s my only complaint with him. I still enjoy watching him compete and such, I just don’t like the social media side of it. Same with the mouthpiece thing.

In fairness, this is a pretty solid testament to the stupidity of the average youtuber. @Alpha 's channel has criminally low views for how much great stuff he puts out, but meanwhile you have guys like Alphadestiny and Blaha getting tons of views.

4 Likes

I think I did see that crossfit/strongman one. Is that the one where Shaw is making the rower come up off the ground?

Ya, like you said, it’s marketing and making that $$. His time at the top of Strongman has to have peaked I would think.

2 Likes

He’s something of a source of drama as well. Never seems to keep training partners; upset Mike Burke enough for him to leave.

1 Like

Ah, see I don’t know enough of the inner workings of the strongman scene to know about him personally. Something I’ll look more into though, thanks man.

I mean, sadly this is no surprise, most guys are going to do whatever they have to do to get views. Pretty rare that someone will stick to their principles and put out ONLY THE BEST content if something else could get them more cash. I can’t blame them.

The Brian Shaw/Ben Smith video was so dumb. You could have made a really cool video with those two guys talking training, prep for their respective sports, etc.

2 Likes

That’s a pretty strong hub lift. Can anybody else (on the earth) do that?

Also, is there a Cheater Chest Support Pad on that glute/ham bench? That’s a cool idea! Has anyone seen those around?

Jedd Johnson did it with ease on his instagram yesterday just to do it. That man is on another level in grip sport though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ba7Tb8jn4Lm/

2 Likes

Those Diesel Crew guys are no joke.

1 Like

Jed Johnson is the spawn produced when a gorilla has hate sex with a set of vice grips.

…I have a “monkey wrench” joke in there somewhere.

2 Likes