Ideas for Even More Forum Challenges

Airdyne bike, fastest time to 300 calories burned. That shit is hard.

Partition means to separate or divide into parts. On Murph you run a mile, knock out all of the bodyweight stuff however you can and then run a mile.

Anyone ran after doing max push-ups? It freaking sucks!

1 Like

Kinda looks like a penguin running. No arms involved.

My problem was breathing. Apparently I fatigued the muscles that help elevate the rib cage so I couldn’t inhale worth a darn while running.

Every year at least. Sandbag runs help.

1 Like

Mantathalon results:

Body weight = 175 (rounded up to next 5lb increment if needed for the test)

Bench @ 175lbs = 11
Pull-ups @ BW = 16
OHP @ 90lbs = 17
Ring Dips @ 45lbs = 7
BB Curls @ 90lbs = 10

Total = 61

No videos, and I haven’t been doing ring dips for a while so those kicked my ass. I think this is a good “check in” type test to throw in every few months to see what needs worked on and how progress is going. Might do just that from here on out.

2 of us completing it makes it official. Your turn everyone.

2 Likes

That’s awesome. Going to be a couple of weeks before I have access to a bench but I’m looking forward to giving this a go.

OK, clowns, I’m no CrossFit Games competitor but I have been training at a CrossFit box for 4 months, and here’s my understanding:

When they say you can “split them up” - my understanding is that you can split them up in any fashion you choose as long as you begin with a mile run, end with a mile run, and complete all of the calisthenic moves somewhere in the middle.

furo, also note that CrossFit people saying “pullups” are referring to kipping pullups, not strict pullups, if that matters to you at all. For what it’s worth, here’s the video of Murph as an event in the 2016 CrossFit Games:

In the Games (probably to simplify counting for the judges) they mandated that the athletes perform 5 rounds of 20 pullups, 40 pushups, and 60 squats.

1 Like

Someone forgot to tell those fools that they were running a mile. That’s more like my 200 m sprint pace.

And I really wish CrossFit would go back and re-word all of their workouts with “pull-ups”. Those are not pull-ups.

If you are willing to pay me 6 figures to win it, you can call them whatever you want.

2 Likes

I created a Mantathlon thread to centralize the challenge results.

1 Like

What kinda time are you expecting for Murph? Is anyone wearing a vest?

I didn’t have access to a vest but did this probably 2 months ago, got 44:46 on it, and it was a push.

Lol, honestly, that sounds like a pretty good time to me…

Yeah, I was happy with it, and it was a great reminder about why I don’t run haha I started out supremely hot and my split was 18 minutes and change, slowed down considerably on the second half.

1 Like

I was thinking of wearing my ballistic vest but it’s not 20lbs. Without an extra 20lbs I’m guessing I’ll run about a 9 min mile, then take about 20-30 minutes on the bodyweight movements (20 rounds of 5/10/15), and hopefully no more than 12 minutes on the 2nd mile. I imagine I won’t be able to breath or move my arms much.

Look what I found

1 Like

I don’t have a formal way to do pull-ups, but the next day it’s nice I’ll give it a go. I’ll use the 100+ year old maple tree branch in my back yard :wink: I’ll be ecstatic if I break an hour. I can’t run more than 1/2 mile without dying.

That sounds pretty good. 5/10/15 seems like the way to go for the calisthenics. It’s been so long since I’ve run a friggin mile, though…

@brady888 and @lord_humongous Bit late with my response but these guys might take the unofficial Caffeine consumption record.

Has anyone run Murph yet?