Ideas for Calorie Dense Meals

[quote]Kalle wrote:
How does it look like he is avoiding fats? he is eating ground beef and steak, pb, and whole eggs, the shakes can also have added olive oil and pb? Sounds like a good balanced diet…[/quote]

Well, without a macronutrient breakdown it’s hard to say for sure, that was just my impression. While you don’t want to go overboard, adding in healthy fats is often an easy way to add calories.

Anyone who’s eating a 600 calorie pasta meal is obviously eating small, or extra lean. If you’re cutting that’s smart, but on a bulk pasta should be able to hit 1000 calories easy. (for example using an alfredo sauce instead of tomato base)

I see you eating lots of meals with just meat, that’s fine if you’re cutting, but on a bulk add in those sides!

im not avoiding fats, all the meat i eat is fatty, i eat lots of pb, everything in olive oil. i eat a half cup of walnuts every day, tons of efas + whole eggs

im getting around 100 - 150g of good fats every day

my carbs are somewhere around 400g, of oats, fruit, wohle wheat pasta etc, i just taper them into fats towards the end of my day… i dont see what people are talking about

blue theres a limit to how much pasta i can cram into the sandwich tupperwares i own, i think you are just hunting for criticism here, im getting my 4 - 4.5k, 250+ p, 300 - 400+ good carbs, and a gamut of good fats, vitamins, greens, fibre, efas, creatine, 4 - 6 litres of water, 10 hours of sleep

all i need now is to train like my life depends on it

im doing a squat, push, and pull heavy compound 5x5 every workout with weight progression and then I bodybuild

peanut butter is the shit.,…you can eat it everywhere, which is convienent for a student. try going through a can every 2 days.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
blue theres a limit to how much pasta i can cram into the sandwich tupperwares i own, i think you are just hunting for criticism here, im getting my 4 - 4.5k, 250+ p, 300 - 400+ good carbs, and a gamut of good fats, vitamins, greens, fibre, efas, creatine, 4 - 6 litres of water, 10 hours of sleep

all i need now is to train like my life depends on it

im doing a squat, push, and pull heavy compound 5x5 every workout with weight progression and then I bodybuild[/quote]

Right on man, just stay consistent train hard and keep progressing with your weights.

[quote]schultzie wrote:
blue theres a limit to how much pasta i can cram into the sandwich tupperwares i own, i think you are just hunting for criticism here
[/quote]

Not at all, you said you were having trouble getting over 3000 calories, and I just don’t think it’s that hard. Your profile says you’re 160 @ 9% so I’m guessing you’re probably ecto. Your natural eating habits are probably low cal and small portions, which will be hard to overcome but it’s definitely doable. If your container size is really the problem, buy bigger containers or bring two, but what I was really suggesting was to up the calorie density.

Two cups of walnuts is 1546 calories and 60g of protein for example, and a pretty low volume of food.

Steak, sweet potato w/sour cream & butter, & brocoli with hollandaise sauce could easily get you 1000-1500 calories depending on portion size, and should be easily digestible in one meal.

If eating too much at one meal is really difficult, try eating every 2 hours instead of every three.

I’m coming from the other direction, so maybe I’m not sympathizing properly, but honestly it shouldn’t be difficult until you try to get more than 6000 calories a day.