Ideal Weight?

I’ve been lifting seriously since January and have made great gains using Wendler’s 531. I am 6’5" about 200 lbs. I’m not sure how much weight I need to put on to help with continuing my progress. I want to reach an ideal weight and stay there. Im bulking right now, but I’m not sure how much to gain, any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Curent Stats

DL: 4x300
Squat: 4x225
Bench: 155x6

Myself, I don’t worry so much about the number on the scale.
I care more about my strength numbers, and how I look in the mirror.

How can anyone tell YOU what YOUR ideal weight is? That should be a personal decision.
That being said, if bodybuilding is your goal, then you have a whole lot of weight to put on at that height.

Well I don’t want to be a body builder, but I want to be jacked obviously. I would say I want to be around 12% bf.

217.4 sounds about right.

Thanks for the sarcasm! I realize this is difficult for others to tell me an ideal weight but an estimate is all i was looking for.

As stated, it’s up to you.

We are not being sarcastic, putting you down or making fun of you (well…)

I want to weight 198 for my contest, as that is the max weight before jumping another level. Does that answer your question? Guess not.

Now you know why we can’t answer.

As a measuring stick, Lou Ferrigno weighted 275 pounds once and he is 6’5

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
Well I don’t want to be a body builder, but I want to be jacked obviously. I would say I want to be around 12% bf.[/quote]

Well build muscle until you get to the point where you have the body you imagined. Getting bogged down in numbers is not going to help you.

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
I’ve been lifting seriously since January and have made great gains using Wendler’s 531. I am 6’5" about 200 lbs. I’m not sure how much weight I need to put on to help with continuing my progress. I want to reach an ideal weight and stay there. Im bulking right now, but I’m not sure how much to gain, any advice is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Curent Stats

Bench: 155x6[/quote]

You’re pretty new to the iron game. Enjoy the proccess. As you grow you’ll figure out what looks good on your frame. Are you training on a starting strength 5x5 template?

btw 12 body fat doesn’t look that impressive. :smiley:

[quote]stefan128 wrote:
I am 6’5" about 200 lbs. I’m not sure how much weight I need to put on to help with continuing my progress.

Curent Stats

Bench: 155x6[/quote]

What on earth does that sentence mean? Gaining weight is continuing your progress. Along with losing bodyfat and getting stronger/faster

Post a pic of your self so we can judge what you might need to add

You’re not very strong, so I’m guessing you need…um…a lot more muscle?

[quote]Captnoblivious wrote:

[/quote]

Are you joking?

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[/quote]

Are you joking?[/quote]

Nope. Why do you ask?

edit that should be 12 %

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[/quote]

Are you joking?[/quote]

Nope. Why do you ask?

edit that should be 12 %
[/quote]

Because with an appreciable amount of size 12% is pretty fucking impressive.