Ideal Physique (with photos)

Question for those of you who are posting photos of IFBB Pros:

Do you really want to be that size?

[quote]gregron wrote:

Do you really want to be that size?[/quote]

There is a split in me. There is a part of me that wants to say no since getting that big would hinder my chance of getting women. However, there is another part of me that says yes; the part of me that wants the world to see me the way Westeros sees Gregor Clegane.

My favorite physique? Sergio Oliva, easy.

The physique I want? Frank Zane. I’m his height with a small bone structure so he’s a simple choice for an ideal to follow.

No pictures needed; they’ve been posted ad nauseam and those who are unfamiliar with these two names don’t belong on the website.

Honorable mention to Flex Wheeler & Serge Nubret.

[quote]E901 wrote:
ideal female physique??[/quote]
I’d definitely appreciate that

[quote]gregron wrote:

Back when I was a teenager I wanted to have broad shoulders, huge chest, massive arms, solid muscular legs and a tiny waste. The one guy who had all of that was Sergio Oliva.
Did I want to look like that? You bet lol.

27 or so years on and I realise that the guy was just a freak. No one on earth looks like that. He was 250 lbs in contest shape yet had a tiny waste. The guy was freaking huge. I didn’t factor those things in back when I was a teenager lol.

It’s good to be young and dream but no I wouldn’t want to be that size. I’ll take the proportions though lol.

[quote]gregron wrote:

there is a competitive BB who goes to my gym who is 290lbs sub 10%

in the gym i often think it would be cool to be that size

but when i see him in nearby shops etc he just looks like a weird freak

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

There is a split in me. There is a part of me that wants to say no since getting that big would hinder my chance of getting women. However, there is another part of me that says yes; the part of me that wants the world to see me the way Westeros sees Gregor Clegane. [/quote]

[quote]Angus1 wrote:
Back when I was a teenager I wanted to have broad shoulders, huge chest, massive arms, solid muscular legs and a tiny waste. The one guy who had all of that was Sergio Oliva.

27 or so years on and I realise that the guy was just a freak. No one on earth looks like that. He was 250 lbs in contest shape yet had a tiny waste. The guy was freaking huge. I didn’t factor those things in back when I was a teenager lol.

It’s good to be young and dream but no I wouldn’t want to be that size. I’ll take the proportions though lol.
[/quote]

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

but when i see him in nearby shops etc he just looks like a weird freak[/quote]

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I was genuinely curious. I know everyone has different goals and ideals so I thought I’d ask.

When I see these IFBB Pros I am amazed and what they’ve built. I can admire their hard work and dedication. I can appreciate what they’ve built but in no way would I want to be that size. 5’11 and 265-280? That sounds awful. So much joint pain. Knees that hurt all the time, getting out of breath going up stairs, sweating while doings menial tasks because you’re carrying so much mass. Yeah it looks cool in photos, on stage and in videos but the practicality of it doesn’t sound appealing to me.

I would much rather prefer to be a lean 200-210 at that height (obviously based on my current physique and the photos I posted) but I wanted to know how you guys felt.

Different strokes for different folks I guess :slight_smile:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

There is a split in me. There is a part of me that wants to say no since getting that big would hinder my chance of getting women. However, there is another part of me that says yes; the part of me that wants the world to see me the way Westeros sees Gregor Clegane. [/quote]

[quote]Angus1 wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I was genuinely curious. I know everyone has different goals and ideals so I thought I’d ask.

When I see these IFBB Pros I am amazed and what they’ve built. I can admire their hard work and dedication. I can appreciate what they’ve built but in no way would I want to be that size. 5’11 and 265-280? That sounds awful. So much joint pain. Knees that hurt all the time, getting out of breath going up stairs, sweating while doings menial tasks because you’re carrying so much mass. Yeah it looks cool in photos, on stage and in videos but the practicality of it doesn’t sound appealing to me.

I would much rather prefer to be a lean 200-210 at that height (obviously based on my current physique and the photos I posted) but I wanted to know how you guys felt.

Different strokes for different folks I guess :)[/quote]

I agree with you. Although I am a little taller so, 220-230lbs
Zraw is at the level I think is ideal for a guy to walk around at. I understand why he has different goals though. (good luck btw) Steve Reeves is another physique that I consider ideal.

posing

casual

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]IFlashBack wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Angus1 wrote:

[/quote]

[quote]yolo84 wrote:

Different strokes for different folks I guess :)[/quote]

I would say part of it is that when your at the Gym next to one of those guys, you can’t help but feel a little small even if you were a lean 200-210.

I definitely agree that ^^ is part of it but i countwr with this: What is more important

Feeling big next to an IFBB pro for an hour in the gym

Or

Not having constant knee and lower back pain? Not lumbering around everywhere you go. Being able to buy clothes that fit. Lifting weights and not needing 5 minutes between every set to catch your breath. Being able to fit (sorta) in airplane/movie theater seats… Etc etc etc

Just my thoughts, but yeah when you’re in the gym everyone wants to be huge lol

While Arnold is not my favorite bodybuilder, nothing beats his perfect blend of size and aesthetics. I would take his physique over anyone else ive ever seen.

The ultimate physique for making panties drop and guys cower in fear.

[quote]Angus1 wrote:
a tiny waste[/quote]
tight sphincter?

[quote]gregron wrote:

Most definitely. My personal goal when i submerged myself into bodybuilding was to go All In or not at all. My mindset comes from sadness and anger so when I pack on the muscle, its a feeling I cannot describe. I PERSONALLY desire to become a freak although, it’s not an easy feat.

[quote]gregron wrote:

Not having constant knee and lower back pain? Not lumbering around everywhere you go. Being able to buy clothes that fit. Lifting weights and not needing 5 minutes between every set to catch your breath.
[/quote]

Curious: what do you base these ‘consequences of being huge’ on? It seems like you’re just assuming those outcomes based on what you imagine to be the case, but I don’t feel like people like Kai Greene etc seem to be known for being out of breath easily or having lower back pain…?

[quote]The3Commandments wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

Not having constant knee and lower back pain? Not lumbering around everywhere you go. Being able to buy clothes that fit. Lifting weights and not needing 5 minutes between every set to catch your breath.
[/quote]

Curious: what do you base these ‘consequences of being huge’ on? It seems like you’re just assuming those outcomes based on what you imagine to be the case, but I don’t feel like people like Kai Greene etc seem to be known for being out of breath easily or having lower back pain…?[/quote]

Gregron is making an assumption.

HOWEVER, it is generally understood that a lot of the top IFBB competitors, (and even the lesser ones), utilize painkillers to cope with various joint ailments/injuries. Duvall is rumored (it’s basically a consensus now) to have been “hooked” on nubain for example.

and to whoever is saying that they “want to look like an IFBB pro”… (assuming they are talking about the top of the top bodybuilders) if you had the slightest understanding of what is involved in that lifestyle, you would change your mind…

instantly… (unless you are truly a freak on the inside as well)

with that said, this is my goal

reasonable, modest

and handsome (all homo). no facial distortion from drug abuse

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

reasonable, modest

and handsome (all homo). no facial distortion from drug abuse[/quote]

You are looking at the true '80 Mr. Olympia right there.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:

[quote]Mr. Walkway wrote:

reasonable, modest

and handsome (all homo). no facial distortion from drug abuse[/quote]

You are looking at the true '80 Mr. Olympia right there.[/quote]

indeed, its really too bad he was never meant to have a long life