Ideal Girlfriend

An intelligent girl who can keep up an interesting conversation… and swallows.

Have you seen La Femme-Nikita show? Peta Wilson,that is, her character, is my perfect woman. Or something like Demi Moore’s character in G.I. Jane. (I used movie characters to reduce the number of words I have to write. In any case you get the picture of what I like in a woman )

Ya, see you guys say that you need all these specific qualities in girls and that if you’re looking for a girl friend, you won’t go for the bibo’s… so then are all guys just not looking for girl friends??? Haha, i’m kidding… but you guys sure do sound to like short women… i’m 5’8 but i fit all the other characteristics you guys are searching for; blondish brown hair, blue/green eyes, work out (for tone, not mass), outgoing, fun, etc… Oh and another thing… even though you guys think that the universal weight for women is 120… i’m sorry, but it’s not, most women with nice body’s average 130-145lbs… sorry to burst your bubbles…

To all guys responding to ideal girl: I am 5’1, brown hair, brown eyes. I love football, and having a great time at live games. I will work out if I have someone encouraging me to do so. I have a great job and I love to laugh. When I read these responses I laughed. My solution to all of your picky picks is to keep lookin. And you call us girls picky? If you want a playboy bunny buy the magazine, if you want a real woman look around you, you’ll find plenty. By the way, good things do come in small packages!!!

quoted “why do so many guys go for the stupid, bimbo idiots all the time?”
Y’know I usually see the same(opposite sex) thing, the girls go for the stupid idiots who don’t appreciate them. This tends to piss me off, as I consider myself a nice, good-lookin T-collegedude. oh yeah, umm…ideal girl. 5’6 to 5’10, fit w/nice body and face. not cocky. some intelligence necessary. free-thinkin, hopefully religious and if she liked the same music as me, i think that would be my wife.

I like smart women. I like really smart women. I don’t want anyone grossly overweight. I’d like them reasonably attractive. It would be nice to find a virgin. As long as she’s my height or shorter, that’s good. I like quick, maybe even a tad bossy. Overly sweet is a sign of psychosis. I’d like her to respect my interests and time constraints, and to genuinely want to spend time with me. Appreciating the exchange of affection is a must.

Okay, I know the bimbos are being chased for a roll in the hay or just a casual fun time, but the point is, some of the so-called desirable women aren’t even being chased at all! All I can determine from that is that you guys are honestly intimidated by independent, attractive, intelligent women. Is that true? Do you prefer to be wanted by the woman who “needs” you to validate her own existence (therefore making you feel more manly), or by the woman who wants you because she wants you and could be quite fine on her own (as far as her emotional needs are concerned). In other words, is relying on the man a trait that boosts your own egos? Because, a lot of the bimbo girls that are being chased appear to be quite helpless and very dependent.

Nice to see that at least someone is into tall girls! For the rest of you that want the short, petite ones…do girls that are taller than you make you feel uncomfortable?

sorry sewerhooker - I’m taken LAUGH

Call me psychic, but you’ve yet to be in a relationship that has permanently lasted… So I guess I’ll be seeing you soon:P Let me know when you’re up for that “diner” and conversation;)

For the record, my wife is 5’10". About the same height as me (I’m 5’11" on a good day). Height is really one of the LEAST important traits that I would look for.

Yeah, height is definitely one of the last things I would look at. I’ve been interested in taller women before, but from my experience, they prefer guys that are taller than them. Maybe that’s just a high-school thing (that was the last time I tried), I dunno.

Attitude and confidence are pretty important to me. My wife is really beautiful, but it can really be a turn off when she gets too moody and depressed about how she looks and starts asking 20 times a day if I think she’s fat. I know confidence is important for you women, but you need to realize that it’s also a turn on for some of us men. Just be you and work with what you have.

Speaking from experience, Michelle prefers a solid meal to a snack, and my “culinary skills” are the only ones she will be sampling. So I guess you, as they say, are out of luck. :slight_smile:

AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH!!! Don’t remind me! :frowning:

Sunflower –
Oftentimes the girls who are chased are the ones a guy thinks he can get – this is especially true if he just wants a roll in the hay versus a relationship. Additionally, there are many guys who just don’t enjoy being shot down, so they will only tend to go after a girl who gives them unambiguous signals she is interested (some of them are so averse to being “Heismaned” a girl would practically have to maul them for those guys to nut up and go after her). It’s not so much a matter of a woman who “needs” a guy as much as it is a guy is relatively certain he stands a high likelihood of success when he puts his ego on the line to ask her out. Whether this is “wussy” or not, it’s true – and I have seen an even greater amount of risk aversion in girls who absolutely refuse to go after a guy they really want because they don’t want to be seen as desperate or easy. It really is too bad that a lot of really nice people get frustrated because they simply won’t go for what they want. Now, that being said, there is an apparent dichotomy assumption in the way your phrased your question that a girl has to be either a weak and dependent girl whom a guy would need as an ego boost or a completely self-sufficient person who doesn’t need the guy at all. I think it’s more of a spectrum, and that the most desirable partner would be in the middle – she would want and need your companionship and would make you feel special, but at the same time she would not constantly need you to affirm her as a person. I would assume that women would want the same thing in a guy. Oh yeah – on the other topic around here, I think height is about the least important thing in a girlfriend – I have dated girls who ranged in height from 5’ to just under 6’ (I’m 5’11"), and I would have happily gone out with a few taller women who rejected my advances. =-)

Dream girl, hmmm… Athletically built, height isnt really an issue with me so long as they look proportional, smart and funny, easy to talk to, good looking (dont have to be playboy material, but decent enough), likes to be active, enjoys working out and leading a fulfilling life, also trustworthy. I actually met a girl who fulfills all of these things and we’re good friends, unfortunately she has a boyfriend right now.

Two tits a hole and a heartbeat, heartbeat optional if she is still warm… All kidding asside… A true love does not come in a grocery list format…

I don’t care what a girl weighs. It doesn’t matter to me whether she’s 110lbs or 115lbs. :stuck_out_tongue:

3-L, you’re right about people being shy to advance. Personally, I’ve been burned enough times that I really would never consider actively pursuing a woman. Only if she explicitly came on to me would I entertain the idea. Especially in a closed community like University or a workplace, being ‘adventurous’ socially can have some pretty wide-reaching consequences besides the psychological ones.