Ideal Bulking Breakfast?

After thinking of the “ideal bulking breakfast” for quite some time, I ran into some stumbling blocks. The question that arose was: how do I come up with a breakfast that is healthy, calorie dense, great tasting, and can be prepare and eaten in a reasonable period of time? Being that I am allergic to all dairy products (except eggs), and that I have absolutely no knowledge of cooking whatsoever, this challenge seemed quite daunting. Ideally, I would like to have breakfast be in the 1000kcal-2000kcal zone.
After thinking of breakfast items, I came up with the following breakfast:
3 whole Eggs
3 egg whites
Sweet potato Hash browns (can I make these with sweet potatoes?)
2-3 Turkey sausage
Shake:
Fruit/veggie/oatmeal shake

Will this kind of breakfast give me the calories I need? Also, would you consider this an “ideal bulking breakfast”?

Deano

[quote]DeanoT wrote:
Being that I am allergic to all dairy products (except eggs) [/quote]
Eggs are from cows? thats news to me.

What do you eat now for breakfast? and dont say you have toast every morning.

Mabey its time to learn to cook so you don’t starve.

Finally, who says you have to have to have eggs/milk/toast/pankakes/waffles, etc for breakfast? Whats wrong with steak, porkchops, hamburger, etc; don’t restrict yourself to standard breakfast foods because its traditional.
Eat last nights leftovers.

That looks fine to me, and similar to my typical breakfast. I guess you’ll know if the calories are sufficient soon enough.

Doesn’t look too bad. If you can, throw in some gravy and biscuits!

Unless those are ostritch eggs youre talking about, and turkey sausages the size of a toilet paper roll, I think that breakfast would be closer to 1000 cals than 2000.

That shake though, you’re going to want to put some protein in it if you havent already.

Whole milk, grow, oatmeal, strawberries, bannana, and blueberries make quite the calorie dense, and tasty shake.

Try the sweet potato hash browns, if not, just eat the potato.

Other than that, the breakfast looks good, just increase the amount eaten.

Lot of people talk about these ‘turkey sausages’ includimng some of the authors on this site and others. I am not entirely sure what’s exactly in them but 98% of all sausages and lunch meats are some of the worst stuff you can stick in your cake hole.

Amongs other things, Sodium Nitrite, sodium erythrobate which rank up their with hydrogenated fats and the like in the health ranks. So I say, if you want to be as healthy as possible avoid this shit.

[quote]DeanoT wrote:
3 whole Eggs
3 egg whites[/quote]

Why would anyone ever take the the most nutritious part of the egg out…ESPECIALLY if you’re looking for some extra cals.

Am thinking about this:
Meal 2:
3 whole eggs + 3 egg whites over easy
1 piece whole wheat toast
Natural crunchy peanut butter/or smart balance buttery spread and sugar free jam
4 oz lean steak
1 cup Sweet potato hash browns
2-3 Turkey sausage
1 cup homemade gravy
2 fish oil
Multivitamin

Shake:
1/2 scoop protein powder
1 cup frozen berries
1 banana
3/4 cup steel cut oats
1 green tea bag
1 serving greens product
1/2 cup spinach
1/4 cup yogurt

Let me know what you guys think.

[quote]dr stig wrote:
Lot of people talk about these ‘turkey sausages’ includimng some of the authors on this site and others. I am not entirely sure what’s exactly in them but 98% of all sausages and lunch meats are some of the worst stuff you can stick in your cake hole.

Amongs other things, Sodium Nitrite, sodium erythrobate which rank up their with hydrogenated fats and the like in the health ranks. So I say, if you want to be as healthy as possible avoid this shit.

[/quote]

DocStig,

I happen to have a package of lean italian turkey sausage on hand, and here’s the ingredient list:
turkey, mechanically seperated turkey, water, salt, sugar, spices, paprika (natural pork casing)

Are the risky ingredients you mentioned, such as sodium nitrite or sodium erythrobate, something you’d expect to see listed on the ingredient list?

[quote]GathCity wrote:
DeanoT wrote:
3 whole Eggs
3 egg whites

Why would anyone ever take the the most nutritious part of the egg out…ESPECIALLY if you’re looking for some extra cals.

[/quote]

cholesterol…

[quote]consumer wrote:
GathCity wrote:
DeanoT wrote:
3 whole Eggs
3 egg whites

cholesterol…[/quote]

http://www.jacn.org/cgi/content/abstract/23/suppl_6/596S

Here is one link (taken from another post on this site) that discusses the cholesterol in eggs and whether this translates into increased cholesterol levels in the body.

I think that it may still be a two sided debate but you will find the majority of recent research indicates that the cholesterol in eggs does not increase cholesterol in humans.

I ussaly have
1 cup of oatmeal
1 cup of milk
2 scoops Grow!
1 cup blueberries
2 fish oil caps and some green tea

if im looking for some extra cals i add 2 or 3 tablespoons of peanut butter to the oatmeal or eat 2-3 boiled eggs on the side