Ideal 6 Months

If you had 6 months of unlimited food, unlimited rest and no stress…How would you train/eat to maximize your gains during that period?

That’s the position I’ll be in soon. I want to get bigger and stronger, start moving from intermediate level and become more advanced.

My goals for that would be 3/4/5 for at least 3 reps and over 17" arms. Since arms are my weakest point.

Right now I’m at 2.5/3/4 for singles and 15.5-16" arms.

Its hard to look at lifting and your physique this way. If your goal is to get bigger and stronger, have a big goal for each, but also have mini-goals that are achievable in the short term. Eat a lot of good food, and get strong on a selection of exercises and you’ll reach your goals quickly, but don’t focus on the future, focus on getting through each workout and improving every week.

I would train twice a day and eat accordingly. There is an article that has a twice-a-day routine. It requires you to eat big and have a minimum of 6 hours between workouts.

The same way I always train, albeit with potentially increased visits to the gym.

A few two-a-days thrown into my 3-5 days/week routine.

Read this thread and look for the post about Poliquin by GymJunkie.

I’m doing 5/3/1 right now with extra isolation work.

It’s working but at the rates Wendler suggests; I would only gain 30lbs on my bench in that 6 months. That seems like underachieving.

Would it be wise to try and double that?

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
I’m doing 5/3/1 right now with extra isolation work.

It’s working but at the rates Wendler suggests; I would only gain 30lbs on my bench in that 6 months. That seems like underachieving.

Would it be wise to try and double that?[/quote]

Then you’re under minding the program itself. It calls for slow gains over a long period of time. Now its possible to add more than 30lbs on bench in 6 months for sure, but don’t blame it on 5/3/1 if it doesn’t happen as the program is not designed to do that.

I’ll have a few months in early 2010 with a bunch of free time and less stress. I plan to work out twice a day 4x a week + one extra one day. I’m psyched

my life is basically this

my job has super flex ours and I’m in school a few hours a day

so I’d suggest

heavy morning, then hit that same muscle group later in the day with a contrast of sets/reps

for 6 months

1 month full body conditioning
1 week off
month 2-3 moderate training to adjust from the conditioning
1 week off
Double training sessions up until there is two weeks before the 6 months are up
2 week break

you wanna make sure you eat!
don’t just sit around when youre not at the gym

and

smile!!!

Did you input the unlimited money cheat code too?