Idea for Biotest: Shaker Bottles

So I’m pretty fed up with the shitty quality of shaker bottles out there. Why doesn’t Biotest come up with a high quality shaker that will also give some advertising via the logos and such?

Just a thought

If you guys come up with one put me down for 6.

BD

How much more can shaker technology evolve? Think about it.

We have the steel ball mixers and that’s about it. Maybe if they made a NICE shaker, like black/gunmetal anodized aluminum with a steel ball mixer and red tribal logo, THAT would be wicked.

Or forget the red and make the logo
embossed/engraved/raised. I could go on but not sure anyone over there would care about my design ideas.

Idea #2: Throw in a free shaker for every order over X dollar amount.

All of my shakers lose the gasket and end up hard to align the threads…so if there are any out there that people have found don’t have that problem I’m all ears. I’m not really looking for the next evolution just a better quality product…which I believe Biotest offers with their supps.

[quote]BackDay wrote:
All of my shakers lose the gasket and end up hard to align the threads…so if there are any out there that people have found don’t have that problem I’m all ears. I’m not really looking for the next evolution just a better quality product…which I believe Biotest offers with their supps.[/quote]

The “Blender Bottle”, which is the one with the steel ball in it, has no gasket. Threads on the lid are deep. No leaks, no lid popping off if you tighten it too much. Doesn’t hold a stink like other bottles do either.

It is definitely offered with their supps, just remember about not just the margin on the product but also the repeat consumption of the product.

A shaker is a non-consumable. How often will people buy it? Say Biotest tops out at 3000 sales, after which the rate of sale decreasing so much that they start losing ( by virtue of having back stock) on the item.

Supps, on the other hand, are consumed regularly and therefore there is not particular limit on the rate of consumption.

I’m with you, though. Maybe an Olesya Novik/Jen Heath/Gina A. embossment (anatomically correct)…you know, for gripping purposes when your hands are sweaty after a hard session. I’m talking about lifting, perverts.

And an Oprah edition for TC! Plenty of curves to hold onto.

Hah! I hope he and Bill Roberts see this.

[quote]farenuff wrote:
BackDay wrote:
All of my shakers lose the gasket and end up hard to align the threads…so if there are any out there that people have found don’t have that problem I’m all ears. I’m not really looking for the next evolution just a better quality product…which I believe Biotest offers with their supps.

The “Blender Bottle”, which is the one with the steel ball in it, has no gasket. Threads on the lid are deep. No leaks, no lid popping off if you tighten it too much. Doesn’t hold a stink like other bottles do either.

[/quote]

Thanks I’ll check them out.

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
It is definitely offered with their supps, just remember about not just the margin on the product but also the repeat consumption of the product.

A shaker is a non-consumable. How often will people buy it? Say Biotest tops out at 3000 sales, after which the rate of sale decreasing so much that they start losing ( by virtue of having back stock) on the item.

Supps, on the other hand, are consumed regularly and therefore there is not particular limit on the rate of consumption.

I’m with you, though. Maybe an Olesya Novik/Jen Heath/Gina A. embossment (anatomically correct)…you know, for gripping purposes when your hands are sweaty after a hard session. I’m talking about lifting, perverts.

And an Oprah edition for TC! Plenty of curves to hold onto.

Hah! I hope he and Bill Roberts see this.[/quote]

lol

Point taken

I did see it.

Personally I’m cheap I suppose and just go with the Vitamin Shoppe $2.99 shaker bottle.

It does take a little care to make sure the flip-top outlet and the flip-top air vent are being held down while shaking so as to not have protein mix flying all over the place, but given that care, it works fine, and you can’t beat the price.

Well, that is, you can’t beat the price if buying specifically a shaker bottle.

But even cheaper yet – in fact, absolutely zero expenditure – is using a used-up and of course washed-out pasta sauce jar. The only disadvantage is of course that it’s breakable.

http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/

/thread

[quote]Malevolence wrote:

/thread[/quote]

I use my HOT-ROX nalgene everyday and I hate it. The mouth is too damn big and I end up pouring most my tea down the front of me.

For the obsessive compulsive:

I hate when fluid accumulates between the threads of the mouth of a bottle, such that when you tilt the bottle to take a sip, the accumulated fluid runs down either your lip or the outside edge of the bottle.

I might have to get one of those camelbak bpa-free bottles with built in straw.

TurboShaker.

Best one I’ve ever used. No stupid gasket that leaks, it’s easy to use and works great.

I have several Biotest and HOT-ROX Nalgene bottles, and they are fine for certain uses, but drinking out of those things suck because they tend to drip down your face because they are so wide (as someone mentioned already).

[quote]PonceDeLeon wrote:
For the obsessive compulsive:

I hate when fluid accumulates between the threads of the mouth of a bottle, such that when you tilt the bottle to take a sip, the accumulated fluid runs down either your lip or the outside edge of the bottle.

I might have to get one of those camelbak bpa-free bottles with built in straw.[/quote]

I’m a little disappointed with it. It leaks.

And I don’t know about drinking a thick shake out of the valve. I use mine for water.

That actually works, Nate?

So, the fins at the bottom and inside of the lid do not move, and merely create a turbulence when you shake the bottle?

I’m still digging those steel balls. (come on, that’s too easy. put in some effort…)

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Malevolence wrote:

/thread

I use my HOT-ROX nalgene everyday and I hate it. The mouth is too damn big and I end up pouring most my tea down the front of me.

[/quote]

Okay, Nalgene: for people who aren’t 4.

The camelbaks are great for water, but even when mixing crystal light I have experienced nasty “gunk” getting in the straw/nozzle. I would hate to think what a protein shake would do to it.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:

[/quote]

You need one of these:
http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=29

I have to second or third the BlenderBall shaker recommendation, that is by far the best one I’ve ever used.

[quote]dfreezy wrote:

I have to second or third the BlenderBall shaker recommendation, that is by far the best one I’ve ever used.[/quote]

Agreed, the Blender Bottles kick ass, although I rarely use the actual blender ball that comes with it.

I don’t understand what the hell people are attempting to mix in their protein shakes that needs a wire-whisk to effectively dissolve? I think people need to learn how to shake harder.

I would buy a Biotest/T-Nation shaker quite willingly! Not just because I trust that some quality research will go into the product but also because I like the Biotest brand in general haha!

I buy a new shaker maybe every 3 months or so - they always leak, go discoloured in the wash, get mould growing in places I cant reach etc or tip all over my face!

Best one I’ve had so far was a 1.99 job from decathlon - some french brand. It was a push lid - not screw lid and has NEVER leaker.

My metrx and cnp shakers have all been but binned (one of my old metrx’s today got used to hold my food as someone has used all the damn plastic food boxes!)

Do it!