Idea for a Split

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Chris0027 wrote:

-Leg Curls-Worthless
-Calf Raises-Worthless

I think that it is Charles Poliquin who says that you shouldn’t be spending more than 1hour in the gym. If you are then you are doing too many workouts that aren’t doing enough for you. Instead of doing ‘leg curls’ and ‘calf raises’ why not just squat more? He said that they key is to go into a weightroom, spend 1 hours of non-stop beating your body up until you are about to puke. I agree with him, why would I go into a gym and play around with weights that only work one muscle when I could do workouts that are a whole body work out and push me to the point of tears. That is just my understanding from reading about Charles Poliquin who I think knows the most about what he is talking about.

You look like a tall skinny dude with absolutely no significant musculature or conditioning.

Why are you giving advice? You might do well by letting go of Poliquin’s nutsack and getting to a gym for a couple hours a day.
[/quote]

True, the biggest mistake I have made in training is reading the trendy crap that is written on websites, even this one. I did a program similar to this one and just maintained what i had. I went back to a 4 day split, chest/tris, back/bis, legs/calves, shoulders/traps, and i am actually growing again. Full body splits are shit imo. Ask a vet on here like Professor X or Cephlic Carnage.

Well im going to try something along the lines of the above, and see if it works for me. If not, i can always revise it and try a 4 day split or something along those lines. No way to know without trying.

I guess im just not too sure yet of the concept of once a week. But im willing to try whatever works for me. Sides, ive asked a number of more knowledgeable people on these forums, like prof. x, and haven’t gotten much reply, (although this im sure is 100% due to them being extremely busy so i have no complaints there). So im just going to try something i feel could work and go from there.

esk221-- just noticed your new ‘biceps’ avatar. Lookin’ big and lean, dude. Nice work.

/hijack