ICW Wrestling This Past Weekend

I went to the ICW show around 5:00pm, doors opened a little before 6:00pm.

The line for the autographs filled up pretty quickly, I jumped in line maybe with 8 people in front of me. Once I was in line, it started filling up behind me pretty quick.

First to come out was Jay “Black Machismo” Lethal! He sat down by an indie wrestler named Nikki, very pretty but I had no idea who she was.
The line didn’t move as I guess they were still preparing.

The Navajo warrior came out, followed by Raven. We were then told Brian Kendrick, Homicide, and Ashido were going to be late. I didn’t really care though, I was there for Lethal and Raven.

The line starts to move and I finally get to meet Jay Lethal…

We aren’t very far apart when it comes to size, he’s just a touch bigger in the arms. ( I know that seems off topic a bit, I want to be a wrestler though, so, yay!)

He shook my hand and I asked how much it was for an autographed picture (the biggest one he had), he told me it was 5 bucks. I asked for two, one for my self and on for my brother whom was late. I told Jay that my brother was going to miss meeting him but would be there for the show…

Jay then asks if he can call my brother, using my phone, I of course said yes!

Black Machismo gets my brother on the phone and immediately goes into the Macho Man voice, asking if he’ll be there and just a really friendly, fun conversation. He hung up, I gave him $20 for the two pictures and the phone call and told him to keep it.

I talked to him about how he’s my favorite wrestler in TNA and the only reason I watch, he smiled and seemed embarrassed and slightly touched and said “…ah, no I’m not…”
I informed him that, yes, he really is!

We talked a little bit about his Ric Flair impression and the Youtube video that they made after the Flair incident. I told him it touched me and I can’t imagine how he felt as I too have always liked Flair and wanting to be a pro wrestler I could only imagine how Jay felt.

On to meeting Raven…

He seemed a little, unenthusiatic. His pictures were all $10 a pop and his shirts were $20.
I told him I didn’t have enough for the pictures or shirt but I wanted to shake his hand out of respect. We shook hands and briefly talked, he informed me that he’s up to the “same old shit” and that he was working over seas a lot and comes through TNA a few times every couple of months.

He then marked down one of his pictures by $5, I then promptly purchased that with his autograph.

Not nearly as nice as Lethal, but I appreciated the mark down and how he didn’t mind us just yapping at him.

Raven fought and defeated Doink The Clown.

Jay Lethal defeated Brian Kendrick.

Homicide beat Ashido.

During intermission Lethal came out and took pictures with his fans, I only had my camera phone so that’s what I used. It sucks though as I can’t upload them to my computer.

After the show, Lethal came back out and did a few more autographs and met my brother. He laughed about their phone conversation.

It was an awesome experience and I respect Lethal even more now, I just hope TNA starts using him more.

Pro Wrestlers are, of all “celebrities”, the nicest people ever!. Probably because they’re nobodies on the street when the show is over.

I met The UnderTaker outside of his Deadman character and didnt know who the hell he was until he did the eye thing at me and smiled. I just thought he was some big ass ugly fucker who was in the same hotel as me.

He claims it happens all the time and the he loves the anonymity of it all.

Jay Lethal deserves the best for being the best.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Pro Wrestlers are, of all “celebrities”, the nicest people ever!. Probably because they’re nobodies on the street when the show is over.

I met The UnderTaker outside of his Deadman character and didnt know who the hell he was until he did the eye thing at me and smiled. I just thought he was some big ass ugly fucker who was in the same hotel as me.

He claims it happens all the time and the he loves the anonymity of it all.[/quote]

That’s funny. I met a guy who looked like the Undertaker about seven years ago at a YMCA. I was like ‘Hey, are you…’ and he was like ‘No. No I’m not. I swear to God, if I had a dollar every time I heard that, I’d be a rich man’.

So… maybe he’s anonymous because he looks so much like the real thing. I heard Charlie Chaplin once took third in a Charlie Chaplin look-alike contest. Maybe it’s something like that.

FTR, I did not meet the Undertaker. Big, tall, but was not benching 3+ plates. And he used the smith machine, and if the real Undertaker does squats in the smith machine, he’s not the real Undertaker to me.