IBB, Max Force Training, High Threshold Hypertrophy

Well, we must get our facts straight to better understand… IBB is NOT a finality; it is only an introduction to the way of lifting I espouse.

So that we are all on the same page:

1. HTH (High Threshold Hypertrophy) is what we are trying to accomplish… training focused on maximizing the development of the fast twitch fibers.

2. Max Force Training is the type of training we are using

3. IBB is a level 1 program (introduction) of the Max Force methodology

People seem to only see the program… probably because they are used to getting a program with every article. But this is not the way we think. We actually think about things the opposite way: the programs we will give you are ONLY to teach you how to execute and apply Max Force Training.

Coach,

I have been using your recommendations on CNS activation by using box squats for legs, and pin presses for shoulders and chest.

Do you recommend anything for starting a back session? I’m thinking something like rack pulls but unfortunately my gym doesn’t have a power rack that is capable. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Adam

I believe he recommends med ball throws from the floor (explosive). But it looks like you want a dead stop movement. You could use a 1 arm DB row from the floor, just let it rest in between reps.

i guess on your board here pretty much everything has been discussed pretty well, i don’t even care much about the program anymore because since i grasped and used all the “as much force-output as possible” techniques my weight skyrocketed from 87,5kg to 98 kg (178cm) (BF went up from 11,X% to 14,5% but anyway) after a period of 3 months, i guess thats a considerable amount…

my conclusion is that this is the best and most logical approach to training, i really love the auto-regulation stuff and so on, no more writing down and all this shit that doesn’t interest anyone and only makes u depressed if you don’t progress on what was written on paper a few days before.
i wonder why i spent about 2 years training HIT, fucking crap! i would be a monster til now

thank you thib for the contribution on this board and for opening my eyes on the topic of training, and tommy hilfiger does thank u too I guess after all the new polo’s and jeans i had to buy haha i don’t fit in my regular size i used to wear for 2 years now, or lets say my legs don’t get into my pants anymore and regarding my torso i look like a posing dick and i dont like that :wink:

keep up the good work, hope to meet u someday in europe on a seminar or whatever

[quote]mch60360 wrote:
I believe he recommends med ball throws from the floor (explosive). But it looks like you want a dead stop movement. You could use a 1 arm DB row from the floor, just let it rest in between reps. [/quote]

i changed my regular DB rows over to DB rows from a dead stop today. amazing! thanks for the advice man. i went from doing 65 X 6 very sloppy to 70 X 7. went up 5 lbs and even got another rep!

[quote]ashylarryku wrote:

[quote]mch60360 wrote:
I believe he recommends med ball throws from the floor (explosive). But it looks like you want a dead stop movement. You could use a 1 arm DB row from the floor, just let it rest in between reps. [/quote]

i changed my regular DB rows over to DB rows from a dead stop today. amazing! thanks for the advice man. i went from doing 65 X 6 very sloppy to 70 X 7. went up 5 lbs and even got another rep![/quote]

If you’re that much stronger from a dead stop, I believe that means that you won’t benefit as much from dead-stop movements.

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]mch60360 wrote:

i changed my regular DB rows over to DB rows from a dead stop today. amazing! thanks for the advice man. i went from doing 65 X 6 very sloppy to 70 X 7. went up 5 lbs and even got another rep![/quote]

If you’re that much stronger from a dead stop, I believe that means that you won’t benefit as much from dead-stop movements.[/quote]

Really? Why is that?

[quote]HK24719 wrote:

[quote]mch60360 wrote:

If you’re that much stronger from a dead stop, I believe that means that you won’t benefit as much from dead-stop movements.[/quote]

Really? Why is that?[/quote]

Because your turnarounds are week, and should thus be getting the attention you are giving to dead-stop exercises.

I believe it was MightyStu who discussed this from his training with CT. He talked about how he, ACTrain, and Nate each had different strengths and how CT taught them to address this.