Ian King while Cutting

Hey T-men,

Although I have been really into weightlifting and bodybuilding for some time now, I have only recently begun to lift consistently. I have trained consistently for about 4 months now. I am 6’0", 205 Lbs, about 12-14% BF. I really want to lean out so I can see my abs for the first time!

My question is this: Could I follow Ian Kings programs “Limping series” and “12 weeks to super strength- Chest and Back” while on a diet such as T-Dawg.

I want to save the muscle I have but finally see my abs. Hopefully someone can tell me what the best program to follow while on a cutting diet is.

Thanks Guys!

Yes, you could do exactly as you described and it might work very well, but it would not be what I recommend.

If you want to do the T-Dawg diet, I would go with a 3-4 day a week 5x5 lifting program, 2-3 days of HIIT and maybe 1-2 days moderate cardio. Examples abound of these types of programs so see the "Don Alessi's Response to Meltdown on Low Carbs" thread for more details.

If you are set on doing Ian's programs, I would go with a higher carbohydrate plan like the Don't Diet and also throw in 2-4 HIIT sessions.