I Will Never Look Big

I’m right there with you man.

six-one and 195ish.

aiming for 215+ by end of winter.

it’s doable man; just keep eating.

if i wasn’t lactose intolerant i’d be drinking a gallon of whole milk a day.

as for your arms; look up and try “zottoman curls”. those put size on my arms and gave me that “vein” down my bicep years ago…but my bi’s grow easily.

eating will make your arms (and everything else) bigger!!!

which reminds ME: potatoes!

Your post isn’t very useful without knowing your body fat percentage. Is someone who weighs 230lb at 15% bigger than a 200lb guy who is shredded? Equally, you see quite a few ‘big natural guys’ who are big but not lean.

I know some people on this site hate the ‘max natural lean size’ theory, but it DOES provide a basic base to aspire to.

“A person of 6’1” with a large structure would weigh 232 pounds at @ 10% body fat"

[quote]jp_dubya wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Alffi wrote:
Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.

Why would we compare ourselves to the “average population”?

because most on this site are, despite wanting to be otherwise.[/quote]

I understand that, but why would someone who has a goal of NOT being average get average people telling them to settle for average? ON THIS website?

you’ve done well for yourself just keep working hard and continue to build up your body man thats what bodybuildings about its an endless journey, continue doing what you have been doing it just takes time.

Yeah, I’m right there with you. I’m 6’2 225lbs and I still feel small. I think at 250 is when we will start to look “big”. Keep dong what your doing.

OT, L Rea (in his book) claimed to hit 230 pounds at 9% bf NATURALLY within 2 years of training.

At a height of 5’7".

You will look big when you are big. Like others have said, 196 pounds at 6’1 is not overly much. Many untrained individuals at that height begin at that weight without overly high amounts of body fat. Great progress thus far but you still need to gain more lean weight. Keep up the good work.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
jp_dubya wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Alffi wrote:
Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.

Why would we compare ourselves to the “average population”?

because most on this site are, despite wanting to be otherwise.

I understand that, but why would someone who has a goal of NOT being average get average people telling them to settle for average? ON THIS website?

[/quote]

“To become who no one else is…you must work like no one else does”

It’s good to have goals, but you’re already limiting yourself by even THINKING that you’ll never look big.

Don’t think of it like a destination. Instead, enjoy every step of the journey. When you finally reach 250 or so, you’ll look back and think how small you looked at 230!

Keep grindin’
never be satisfied.
turn the despondency into anger and train harder.
good luck.

post pics.

and keep sayin to yourself

"i look better then 90% of the people i see every day, now to work on that 10%

i’m 6’3 and 200lbs. Just keep working at it, and eat like a furnace. If it’s edible, and is meat or green, eat it.

Don’t eat green meat however, tis not nice.

Also, set yourself lil milk intervals. Say, every hour, you’ll go drink a pint of milk.

Good Luck! Keep us informed.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.[/quote]

is there a reason in every thread you bring in some caculation shit that no1 cares about??

[quote]crod266 wrote:
Alffi wrote:

is there a reason in every thread you bring in some caculation shit that no1 cares about??[/quote]

Worse than that is his belief that shooting for above average results is “warped”.

People like that will always keep themselves from making the most progress. They then try to make sure no one else makes more progress so they feel better.

This thread could have taken a whole different path if the OP had named it:

I Will Never Look Big Enough

and posted that even though he’s made gains, the journey is much longer and we ain’t seen nuthin’ yet…

Amazing what 1 word and a slight attitude adjustment can do.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

and posted that even though he’s made gains, the journey is much longer and we ain’t seen nuthin’ yet…

[/quote]

I think that’s what he meant, but you’re right.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
SteelyD wrote:

I think that’s what he meant, but you’re right.[/quote]

I think that’s completely normal (the revised version) - I know I feel like I’m never going to look big enough.

[quote]josh86 wrote:

I think that’s completely normal (the revised version) - I know I feel like I’m never going to look big enough. [/quote]

I would think (I would HOPE) that that’s a healthy attitude for folks around here to have.

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
josh86 wrote:

I think that’s completely normal (the revised version) - I know I feel like I’m never going to look big enough.

I would think (I would HOPE) that that’s a healthy attitude for folks around here to have.[/quote]

OH NO!!! Absolutely not!!!

Any desire to surpass the awe inspiring physique of Ryan Reynolds indicates a desperate need for immediate counseling.

[quote]DickBag wrote:
il probably look lie a clown saying this byt fuck it,

i know one or two guys who are only about 75 kgs in weight and look pretty fuckin solid.

i dont know how but they do. im about 195 or so and they make me feel like i dont train.

some people just look big easier.

just enjoy lifting and dont be thinking, i have to get to 230 pounds, thats bollox.

eat well, train hard and the growth will come in spurts here and there.

theres guys who are 230 pounds and still dont look like they lift, and they’re not particularly fat either.

[/quote]

In general, that can be explained by height and bone structure. If you are 6 feet tall, yes, you will have to weigh over 200lbs to look “built” unless you are in contest shape at 195lbs.

Ya ive prtty much given up on what “weight” i have to hit im just basically going off mirror image now. at first i thought i would be happy at 160, then i thought 170, then 180, then 190, obviously you know where this is going.