T Nation

I Will Never Look Big

Look at the picture of me military pressing on my training log. I’m 6’1.5~ and 200 lbs. morning bodyweight. I am still skinny as hell.

Which reminds me. . .

MEEEEAAAATTTTT LOOOOAAAFFFF TIIIMMMEEEE!!!

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
I can’t even imagine what a 6 foot tall person looks like at 130lbs…wow.

You’ve put on nearly 70 pounds, there has to be a huge difference in the way you look. If you’re getting frustrated, dig out some old pictures and compare.[/quote]

dude i looked like a starving holocaust victim, no joke.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Tumbles wrote:
6ft 1 196 is still pretty skinny.

[/thread] Get bigger. It’s like guys are now hesitant to dare to weigh over 200lbs.[/quote]

O i know i definitly want to be over 200 im trying really hard to actually get to 215-220. The situation i outlined with my roommates was just frustrating thats basically why im ranting, but i know ill eventually get there.

On the positive side: good for you for gaining so much wanted weight! Just keep doing what you are doing because it is clearly working.

to the OP, do what you know is right for putting on size and strength, and the results will come. If you begin to get discouraged just remember how far you already came and ask yourself “Do I really want to turn back after all this ?”

gallon of milk a day…try it

Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.

You’ve never seen a tall asian dude?

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:

You’ve put on nearly 70 pounds, there has to be a huge difference in the way you look. If you’re getting frustrated, dig out some old pictures and compare.[/quote]

Tumbles wrote:
6ft 1 196 is still pretty skinny.

[/thread] Get bigger. It’s like guys are now hesitant to dare to weigh over 200lbs.[/quote]

I totally weight 199.999lbs. I wouldn’t want to be fat or anything like those over 200lbers.

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
gallon of milk a day…try it[/quote]

im already doing that haha

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.[/quote]

Why man, why?

The OP has a healthy habit of not being satisfied where he is and needs nothing more than some more food and some more time under the iron. The last thing he needs is to start worrying about BMI and how he compares to “average” people.

i dont want to compare anything to average people i want to eventually be well beyond average.

[quote]Alffi wrote:
Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.[/quote]

First, the BMI index is bullshit. It makes no distinction between a 200 lb person with 5% bf and a 200lb person with 25% bf. It’s also a load of crap in that it’s categorizations of “ideal/healthy” are completely biased, arbitrary and don’t take into account phenotype, bone structure, or any individual variances whatsoever.

Second, if you want to compare yourself to the average population feel free, but many here are actually trying to accomplish something significant physique-wise. You don’t do that by measuring yourself against people who’s idea of exercise is walking around the grocery store, pushing a cart full of twinkies and potato chips.

You do it by comparing yourself to people who have actually accomplished what you want to accomplish.

I’m not arguing that one should give themselves credit for their accomplishments. But I completely disagree with telling someone to feel “better about their average size” who doesn’t want to be average size. What’s the motivation to achieve an above average size if you’re ok being average size?

[quote]Alffi wrote:

Why would we compare ourselves to the “average population”?

Alffi wrote:
Actually 220 pounds is a ‘healthy’ weight BMI wise for a two meter tall (6’7?) person. People on here can develop warped views about size. Best to compare yourself to the average population,which puts on pounds of fat annually. Also try to derive faith from your gym numbers,if you have any. It will make you feel better about ‘average’ size.

Why would we compare ourselves to the “average population”? [/quote]

because most on this site are, despite wanting to be otherwise.

Alffi wrote:

Why would we compare ourselves to the “average population”? [/quote]

So we can be satisfied with any lack of progress we may encounter or when we don’t reach our goals. It’s a convenient safety net.

[quote]MarvelGirl wrote:
[/quote]

Haha that used to be me, lets just say it isn’t pretty.

Holy fuck BMI is stupid. I’m almost 28 and I’m fucking skinny(well, skinny fat but still).

[quote]spinach wrote:
MarvelGirl wrote:

Haha that used to be me, lets just say it isn’t pretty.
[/quote]

I know what you’re saying. I’ve got a guy in my class that’s 6 foot 3 and 135. I’m not even joking when I say his hips are wider then his shoulders.

OP, Just work your arms more.