I Was Your Size Once

I did rock climbing at a fair the other day. The person in charge of the rock wall informed me it was easy for him to do the beginner wall, because he can bench more than his bodyweight. He’s like “i weigh 145 and can bench 160, so anything with upperbody i’m good on” . I’m like “I weight 160 and bench 185 (i know, still weak), and bench has nothing to do with rock climbing.” I then proceeded to do the whole beginner wall using only my arms.

Situation is sort of related. He didn’t say anything after that.

[quote]Blaze_108 wrote:
I did rock climbing at a fair the other day. The person in charge of the rock wall informed me it was easy for him to do the beginner wall, because he can bench more than his bodyweight. He’s like “i weigh 145 and can bench 160, so anything with upperbody i’m good on” . I’m like “I weight 160 and bench 185 (i know, still weak), and bench has nothing to do with rock climbing.” I then proceeded to do the whole beginner wall using only my arms.

Situation is sort of related. He didn’t say anything after that.[/quote]

Did your lats rub at all during said climbing?

[quote]TKOWKD1 wrote:
I was warm for her form, once.

Once was a long time ago.[/quote]

what were we talking about?

I’m printing out a copy of that Scott M and its going on my board in my room next to “Merry Christmas Bob”

Anyway these people are just as fucking annoying as the ones that accuse you of steroids. My friend at work told me that there’s like 4 guys in his unit that have all come up to him talking about me saying I must be a cheater and shoot up roids and blah blah blah. I’m like wtf man, could they at least weight until I’m like 220 to start saying that shit. I honestly still see myself as nothing special, yet. The problem is just that they are TINY and unfuckingdedicated lol.

I get made fun of for being too into working out now. And now I get comments with people saying that I am ripped. I have only one response: “Not yet.”

ukrainian here’s a good quote for you if you’re getting shit for being too into it. One of my 2 favorite quotes of all time. “Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated”

[quote]josh86 wrote:
ukrainian here’s a good quote for you if you’re getting shit for being too into it. One of my 2 favorite quotes of all time. “Obsession is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated”[/quote]

Not that I really care. I take it as a complement. I just think it’s funny. Gives me a good chuckle after squatting.

But I will definitely use that someday.

I’m small compared to you guys , but at 5’6" and 184-188 lbs (up from 168 2 years ago…44 years old), believe it or not I’m beginning to hear comments , and sometimes notice male co-workers do the “throw out the chest and suck in the gut” routine for my benefit .

kinda exposes the “fitness” level (for lack of a better phrase) of the general public when a guy my size notices this; and I aint anywhere near being called muscular.

I’m quite sure that I dont alter my posture puposely, but my back has gotten a bit wider and my chest a bit fuller , probably resulting in a naturally more erect posture …which gets noticed

I cant imagine what you big fuckers hear on a daily basis

Good one.

i don’t see the problem… if they were like you once, they are not anymore. Here and now is the only thing that exists, so, they are not what they claim, of what use is that? ou look terrific. stop worrying about others, the only valid comparison in life is that against yourself, it is the only one that will measure your improvement. for the others, the statement of having been better is a proof of they are now worse than before.

[quote]juanjromero wrote:
i don’t see the problem… if they were like you once, they are not anymore. Here and now is the only thing that exists, so, they are not what they claim, of what use is that? ou look terrific. stop worrying about others, the only valid comparison in life is that against yourself, it is the only one that will measure your improvement. for the others, the statement of having been better is a proof of they are now worse than before.[/quote]

Thank you, Confucius, but I doubt he is losing sleep from this and is simply stating how irritating this is when you hear it often. It is easy to tell others to brush it off when you rarely hear the same. Your tolerance wears thin when this, or something similar, is a frequently recurring issue.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
I don’t mind hearing this, as long as they don’t follow behind me, playing a tuba as I walk.[/quote]

You’re a troubled man, you know that right?

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
nephorm wrote:
I don’t mind hearing this, as long as they don’t follow behind me, playing a tuba as I walk.

You’re a troubled man, you know that right?[/quote]

Stewie Griffin does it better than anyone.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
I don’t mind hearing this, as long as they don’t follow behind me, playing a tuba as I walk.[/quote]

[quote]Professor X wrote:
juanjromero wrote:
i don’t see the problem… if they were like you once, they are not anymore. Here and now is the only thing that exists, so, they are not what they claim, of what use is that? ou look terrific. stop worrying about others, the only valid comparison in life is that against yourself, it is the only one that will measure your improvement. for the others, the statement of having been better is a proof of they are now worse than before.

Thank you, Confucius, but I doubt he is losing sleep from this and is simply stating how irritating this is when you hear it often. It is easy to tell others to brush it off when you rarely hear the same. Your tolerance wears thin when this, or something similar, is a frequently recurring issue. [/quote]

Ok, I get it, so, it is just how happy you feel when dorks tell you that phrase… ok, i got it… my mistake.

in your case someone now XL tell you: I was just X once.

[quote]ab_power wrote:
Blaze_108 wrote:

Situation is sort of related. He didn’t say anything after that.

Did your lats rub at all during said climbing? [/quote]

lol

Apparently Jack Dempsey’s brother used to beat the shit out of him…

juanjromero wrote:

Thank you, Confucius, but I doubt he is losing sleep from this and is simply stating how irritating this is when you hear it often. It is easy to tell others to brush it off when you rarely hear the same. Your tolerance wears thin when this, or something similar, is a frequently recurring issue. [/quote]

i cry myself to sleep at night.

I hear, “he was even bigger than you!” all of the damn time. I met one of those people once…and he wasn’t. I think people say shit like this just to have something to say. I don’t even think they mean much by it other than as some attempt to bring you closer to their level.

I also know way too many out of shape middle aged guys who all claim they looked like clones of Bill Pearl and Ronnie Coleman “once” and that it somehow turned to fat.[/quote]

I get that crap a lot too. “Oh so and so may have been… no wait, he was even bigger than you!” The funniest part is when people say something like that and it has no context in the conversation. Just shows intimidation I guess…

Tiribulus wrote:
nephorm wrote:
I don’t mind hearing this, as long as they don’t follow behind me, playing a tuba as I walk.

You’re a troubled man, you know that right?

Stewie Griffin does it better than anyone.[/quote]

I wonder if Nephorm is trying to tell us he has a glandular problem? I’ve never see that show, don’t ask me how I’d somehow seen that scene somewhere.