I Was Peeing

OK, I had some beers at a friend’s apartment maybe 5 or 6 of them. I’m 20 years old. I had my girlfriend driving me home who is 21 and wasn’t drinking. I pissed before I left then about 10 minutes later on the way home I had her pull over in a dark parking lot so I could pee again, because I don’t like to hold it in at all.

So midstream a police officer comes racing into the parking lot and catches me peeing. I sit in my car and he comes up and asks some questions and one was “was I drinking” and I said “yes” but never specified alchohol and he never gave me a breathalizer.

So I was issued a ticket for peeing in public and an MIP(minor in possession) I had no alchohol in the car and was never given a breathalizer. So he told me to be in court on August 23rd, which I forgot becuase I was drunk.

Anyway, I called last thursday to see when to be in court and the lady told me August 23rd at 1:30. I show up in court to enter my plea’s which would be guilty for peeing and not guilty for the MIP but when I went in to the court room the bailiff never called my name the whole time(there was other people there for their cases as well) so he asks me my name after they’re all done with the judge and tells me to wait. I wait a good half hour before I go back in to see whats going on and he tells me I need to go to the front desk and talk to the lady.

The lady at the front desk then tells me I need to go next door to the police station to be fingerprinted and I have no fricken clue why and make her repeat it a couple times. I never even got to see the judge. So I go next door and this cop is asking me my information and takes me to be photographed and finger printed and I have no fucking idea why this is happening and on this paper w/ my picture it says I was arrested on today’s date. Now I have to go back to court whenever they send shit in the mail and I’m fucking pissed. I was fucking peeing. Can someone give me some advice as to what to tell the judge when or IF I even get to see the guy? Thank you.

Ok, I’ll bite.

So…what did they arrest you for? My money is on failure to appear as I am almost positive you did not appear on the correct date.

Stone

Err… I don’t know what to say. But to everyone else reading this… it’s not a good idea to whip out your weiner and pee in a public area. I know that in California if you’re caught they can charge you with indecent exposure and then they have to take your fingerprints and picture because they will have to register you as a sex offender.

That’s not too good.

StevenF,

Look, I know your only twenty years old, and that can excuse a lot of things (We were all twenty once). However, exposing yourself in public is not a good idea, and in fact that’s why there is a law against it.

Secondly, not appearing in court when you should have is really a very bad idea as now the people who are in charge of the “system” think that you don’t really care.

In short you “pissed them off.” No pun intended. My best advice is for you to get a local lawyer. When I say local, I mean one who might be golfing with the judge. Get one who is well liked by the court system. It will cost you a few bucks but it’s worth it.
The lawyer might be able to pee bargain (sorry I had to) your charge down to something less significant.

In all sincerity I hope that this works out for you. Next time use your head! Don’t drink and drive. That might be an old sang that you don’t want to hear but trust me, it’s one you should follow!

When you get behind the wheel under the influence you could end up killing someone, maybe even yourself. I have had tragedy strike my family because of someone who was driving under the influence and I would not want that to happen to anyone else!

Lecture over…best of luck!

Zeb

Zeb,

His girlfriend drove him home.
What the hell you talking about?

jaystyles

Zeb, ol pal, the first paragraph states that his girlfriend was driving (who was not drinking).

As for anyone else reading this, show up in court when you’re supposed to show up, period.

[quote]jackzepplin wrote:
Zeb, ol pal, the first paragraph states that his girlfriend was driving (who was not drinking).

As for anyone else reading this, show up in court when you’re supposed to show up, period.[/quote]

True. If they never called your name, chances are you were in the wrong court room or on the wrong date. Either way, they consider that to be failure to appear in court. Bottom line, you f’ucked up. Being drunk is no excuse for missing the court date because it is written on the ticket (along with the fact that your girlfriend should have taken up the slack and paid attention to that as well). Now it is time to find a lawyer and deal with the consequences. I thought it was common knowledge not to pee in public.

I apologize for the comment regarding you drinking and driving. It was an oversight on my part. However, the rest of the lecture is still good!

Take care, and thanks for the correction.

Zeb

That will teach you not to pee your pants.

Best of luck. Get an attorney. Any chance you can have a parent vouch that you were with them when you were drinking? Losing your license is not an impossibility.

what the fuck? For one, I wasn’t driving. Secondly, I CALLED THE COURT TO FIND OUT WHEN MY COURT DATE WAS. The lady told me 9/23/04 Monday at 1:30 as well as the cop that wrote me the ticket. Who ever said I wasn’t in court on the right date??? I certainly did not. I can’t read the date that is written on the ticket because the pansy ass cop didn’t write hard enough for it to show up. ALSO, it was 3 in the fricken morning in a VERY dark parking lot. I find it hard to believe that all of you have never ever ever pissed and it wasn’t in a toilet, very hard to believe. This all doesn’t make any fucking sense to me, I was just fucking peeing. fuck.

Yeah, get a lawyer.

Nobody here, including the BostonBarrister himself will know all of the particular rules of your jurisdiction. You need to at least explain your situation to him.

Barring that, call up the county attorney’s office. Explain the situation to them. Often times you can work out some type of deal with them where you pay court costs, but they’ll keep it off your record. The nicer you are with them, the nicer they’ll be with you. Fess up about the peeing, but explain your situation like you did here. And DO NOT get mad, no matter how much you want to.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
what the fuck? For one, I wasn’t driving. Secondly, I CALLED THE COURT TO FIND OUT WHEN MY COURT DATE WAS. The lady told me 9/23/04 Monday at 1:30 as well as the cop that wrote me the ticket. Who ever said I wasn’t in court on the right date??? I certainly did not. I can’t read the date that is written on the ticket because the pansy ass cop didn’t write hard enough for it to show up. ALSO, it was 3 in the fricken morning in a VERY dark parking lot. I find it hard to believe that all of you have never ever ever pissed and it wasn’t in a toilet, very hard to believe. This all doesn’t make any fucking sense to me, I was just fucking peeing. fuck. [/quote]

Honstly, there is a lot that doesn’t make sense, especially you not being called on the roster for court and then being finger printed. I personally would not have done that, but to each his own. Your only…ONLY…option now is to get a lawyer. You are now dealing with the judicial system. A lawyer is the only one who can get you out. I definitely wouldn’t sign anything else or accidentally get fingerprinted until that occurs. Some cops wait for things like this. That means you should have been more careful. B’itching about it won’t help. You just have to man up and deal with it as it is now. Good luck.

You have to take accountability for doing something wrong. Or 2 things wrong.

If you go in with the “I was just peeing, give me a break” attitude, they will slap you down even further. You are underage (poor American, we Canadians are legal at 19) and you had your dick out in public. Jerking it in front of a pet store window or peeing in an empty parking lot. You still had your dick out in public.

Not 1 but 2 strikes. And judging about how reactionary you are to the responses in this post, you need to understand how this world works.

And yes. I have pissed in public. But not in the middle of a parking lot with a lone car next to me. I found a shrub, on a side street. But then again, I can go 10 minutes between a piss.

And hit the preview button before you post so I do not have to see your

And #3. If a cop asks you “Where you drinking?” and you in a drunken state slur “Yesh sir, I was drinking (hic)”, he does not have to give you a Breathalyzer. Play that angle, and they will nail you extra hard.

You have to realize, law is law. If they set a precedent, and law is ALL about precedents, that it is ok to pee in public. Every sex offender will use that as an excuse.

StevenF~
See a lawyer right away, especially if you want to decrease your chances of getting screwed. It would be foolish not to obtain legal representation right away. Also have a humble attitude…it will go much further with the legal system.

You can be busted for possession as a minor if you have alcohol in your system (which according to your own statement, you did). No need to actually have a container of it.

I don’t know what all that other business is about, though.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Honstly, there is a lot that doesn’t make sense, especially you not being called on the roster for court and then being finger printed. I personally would not have done that, but to each his own. [/quote]

That seems like a good idea. Resist the officer trying to take your fingerprints. They like that. Not.

If you just go in and take the ticket you’ll be fine. Just show them that the date can’t be read, explain that you called and were told to show up on the 23rd, and all will be well. After all, it’s not like it looks like you were dodging the situation. YOU WERE IN THE COURTROOM. Any judge will understand that you made a good faith effort to be there when you believed you were supposed to be. What you don’t want to do is go in with an attitude of, “I was just pissing.” Just apologize for not being able to hold it any longer, explain that you called the court to find out the date, and all is good.

Steven f

I agree i pee in public all the time its just freak luck u got caught.

I got busted for 2 MIP’s in college. Lost my license for 6 months. Also got busted with the peeing in public once but the cop let me off with just an MIP. He said you got 2 choices. I’ll take you home and you’ll get an MIP or I’ll take you to jail and You’ll get a Pissing in Public (not really what he said) and possibly an MIP.

I usually don’t like cops but he really gave me a break.

[quote]doogie wrote:
Professor X wrote:

Honstly, there is a lot that doesn’t make sense, especially you not being called on the roster for court and then being finger printed. I personally would not have done that, but to each his own.

That seems like a good idea. Resist the officer trying to take your fingerprints. They like that. Not.

If you just go in and take the ticket you’ll be fine. Just show them that the date can’t be read, explain that you called and were told to show up on the 23rd, and all will be well. After all, it’s not like it looks like you were dodging the situation. YOU WERE IN THE COURTROOM. Any judge will understand that you made a good faith effort to be there when you believed you were supposed to be. What you don’t want to do is go in with an attitude of, “I was just pissing.” Just apologize for not being able to hold it any longer, explain that you called the court to find out the date, and all is good.
[/quote]

My point was, your recommendations for what he should do are what I would have done BEFORE getting finger printed. He is now in the court system and there is nothing that he can do about it. He now has an arrest date and explaining something to the judge at this post is a useless cause without a lawyer’s help. Yes, trying to explain this is what should have happened before he was officially arrested. That is why I would have avoided simply going to the police department before getting that issue cleared up. Clearly, some of you have no clue how the process works. Once officially arrested, he is now in a bound situation. This is now beyond simply dealing with a ticket.