I Wanted to be Mr. Black

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Mr.Purple wrote:
I’m horrible at back squatting. I wish I could get the bar lower and my elbows under, but I can’t.

Probably even overdoing the arch a tad there, now :wink:

Try having the bar high on your traps next time, hands relatively far apart… You can stay more upright then, same foot stance etc.
More of a bodybuilding squat in that case.

Maybe it’ll be easier for you.
[/quote]

I’ll give that a try. One other thing I was testing was to use the pussy pad, I seemed to be able to get the bar low and stay upright that way. I’ll have to try it with more weight first, though.

This guy seems to do well with a pretty high bar placement. Very smooth, too. FML

29/6-2009 Delts/Back

Ruhl style presses: 85kg x 10 (+3kg -1 rep)

Seated lateral raise: 15kg DB’s x 10 (+2 reps)

Pulldowns: 165kg x 12 (+5kg)

T-bar rows: 4 plates x 6, 3 1/2 plates x 11

I actually did the lightest set of T-bar rows first, because I forgot that I was supposed to be doing 2 sets for rows, and not just one in the 8-12 range.

Ceph, your advice was spot on as usual. I tried rowing like you described, and now I’m embarrassed about those vids up there. No wonder my traps have been growing so well, considering how I’ve been doing back work.
My thanks, sir.

Crazy week at work (like 0400 to 0000 crazy), so I haven’t had much time to train or post here.

01/7-2009 Chest/Arms

Smith inclines: 92kg x 5

Flat DB press: 40kg’s x 7

EZ curls: 47kg x 8

Pinwheels: 27.5kg’s x 19

In-Human press: 85.5kg x 7

Dead Skulls: 43kg x 10

04/7-2009 Legs

Squats 125kg x Bar high on the traps this time. Think I’ll stick with that.

Front Squat in smith for widowmaker. Bar rolled away from me, not good. I don’t want to drop the bar either, because there is nothing to stop it from slamming straight down and do some damage.

Leg Curls: 50kg x 10

Seated donkey raises: 2 plates x 15

Standing abs: 100kg x 10

I hope this will meet with your approval C_C. lol

Light set.

One more vid, just for giggles. Tear me a new one.

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
One more vid, just for giggles. Tear me a new one.[/quote]

lol

As long as you didn’t feel it primarily in your arms :slight_smile:

Ridiculously short cable though…

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:

Light set.[/quote]

May just be the angle, but try shrugging your shoulders back even further (move the whole shoulder complex back and the midback together, sort of).

But yeah. You know me. I’m worse than most movie-critics.

:slight_smile:

Mr.Purple wrote:
One more vid, just for giggles. Tear me a new one.

lol

As long as you didn’t feel it primarily in your arms :slight_smile:

Ridiculously short cable though… [/quote]

Nah, no bicep pump. I think it was pretty much the lats doing it. That pulldown is a little ridiculous, that was 165kg I had on there. lol

Mr.Purple wrote:

Light set.

May just be the angle, but try shrugging your shoulders back even further (move the whole shoulder complex back and the midback together, sort of).

[/quote]

It felt right, anyway. I don’t know :slight_smile: I’ll keep refining it, only just started them after all.

[quote]Mr.Purple wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
Mr.Purple wrote:

Light set.

It felt right, anyway. I don’t know :slight_smile: I’ll keep refining it, only just started them after all.[/quote]

Yep… You’ll be constantly refining, improving or re-adjusting your technique on your exercises over the course of your training career anyway…

Ok then, have fun!

06/7-2009 Delts/Back

Ruhl press: 87kg x 11

Seated lateral raise: 15kg’s x 9

Rack chins: 15kg DB x 10

T-bar row: 80kg x 8, 75kg x 11

Various shrug variants, trying to find one I like.